What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addams Family kick starter for Pinball Arcade

I honestly didn't think they'd do it.

Once they got any amount of money surely they have to do it (as in makes sense to do it)

They where looking $98k for something that they know will sell once its out. if they got even $10k then thats $10k extra profit, they would pledge the rest themselves

They know how many tebles they sell everytime minimum. For arguements sake say its 100,000 sales and it was $100,000 they needed to fund this table.

Therefore if they sell their 100,000 tables (there will be more as this is a popular table) at $3 each they have $200,000 to pay the workforce/profit etc

Ok the number above is an example but also assumedas a minimum, also you need to minus the sales they won make to the backers (who have paid minimum of $7 for their copy of the table, or if they are more generous and buy a few tables they are paying $10 per table[the more you buy the dearer per table,wow])

If the backer pledges $75 then they get the opportunity to 'win' a translight signed by.... the farsight team. Or for an extra $25 you can have one gold version of the table, but its ok, for an additional $50 you can have all five of your tables 'upgraded' to gold versions.

If you add another $100 on to your pledge you can get an additional six downloads of the gold table. They say a total of ten tables so I make that actually five more. and now at $20 a table... ok maybe unfair as you now get a T-shirt advertising farsight, unless of course you live outside the USA

Add on another $150 you can get a limited edition print from the Addams family foundation (which you can buy direct from the foundation for $60 - $65)

Another $200 gets your name listed in the game as a platinum backer (wow $200?) bizarrely add $25 for outside USA

Add another $200 and again you are getting something tangible... a signed book (amazon $27 granted not signed)

want put in $200 more ? yeah you... Get a conference call with the design team, you can make a difference ...or not

add another $1500 you can meet with the team and play their actual tables and tour the offices etc and have a free lunch with the team and up to five of your friends (free ? I make that $300 a head minimum)

Wow just wow....

Either the Uncle Fester artwork was done by an intern or Christopher Lloyd didn't give permission for his likeness to be used by the looks of it

Latest figures:

View attachment 10293

...Assuming it will be backed, do you think this release will bring TAF prices down, push them higher, or have no real effect?

My thoughts are:

Prices up:
More people exposed to the game and want the real thing.

Prices down:
More people are able to play it on The Pinball Arcade and therefore don't need to buy the real thing. Or their rose-tinted nostalgic memories of the game are brought into line a little once they have a few goes and move onto other more modern games instead.

No change:
They're already a bit overinflated already, not far off some new brand games at roughly £2.5-£4k depending on condition, so there's no real room for further increases as people will just buy a new game instead.

Note: This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact i'm toying with trading my Addam's Family for something else in the next 6months: maybe a nice Tron. I don't want to as it's a lovely machine, a real classic, but it's the only way I'll be able to get another game that i want this year or next.

dunno,have a TAF,great game,will always be high as EVERYONE knows it,so IMO not ****d.Visual pinball is ok,just nowhere near real thing
I have plenty of visual pinball related stuff btw

poi

Mmm... looks ok. Doesn't excite me that much. Was disappointed that XENON just beat PARAGON in the online poll as the next classic table PA will be modelling. XENON is cool but would have been nice to practice my PARAGON skills during the restoration ;)

Take it from me Paragon will play NOTHING like your real game on TPA.

Alright Ian, Ongoing setups like this & HyperSpin willl never be finished! :)

I don't have a virtual cabinet but always have had the files for PinballX cabinet.

Did you ever get yours made? If you have, you can jump on Evil Dead to play if you like?

So just went on TPA and noticed this just got released, pleasantly surprised. What with all the copyright issues they've done a pretty good job bar the kind of weird uncle fester at the bottom. Like it!

Back
Top Bottom