What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zaccaria on Free Play?

Sorry Rob but I'm working 80 hrs a week atm and haven't got time to make any parts or work on my own tables. If your brackets aren't broken they should be fine to use. I looked again at that video and I'm not convinced that your coils even have sleeves in them, or if they have then they are the wrong size as the plungers seem to be moving sideways. I suggest that you order a pair of the correct coils from here, which should come with the correct 44mm sleeves. If the flipper shaft bushes in the playfield have a lot of wear then these should fit. The nylon linkages are easy to make by buying some 3mm hpde sheet and using the old ones as a template - just needs a hacksaw, file and drills.

No worries Keith, it was worth asking. Looks like the 5amp fuse on the power board for the solenoids has blown which is why the coils aren't working now. I have millions of fuses but no 32mm, typical! Thanks for the links, I'll get onto those.

Blimey. I've just realised it's nearly a year since this machine was last working. I should think about fixing it I guess. Time really does fly. Even when you're not having fun.

Yay....got it working!! Turned out to be a bad connector at CN5. Need to take it off again and give it good clean up but I daren't touch it now.

Still machine gunning on the lower flippers but at least I can play it again. I need to get replacement coils but it doesn't list what the correct ones should be in the manual. I'll replace all the leaf switches on the flippers and cabinet buttons too. I think there's some oxidisation on CN5 pins so I need to clean that up too. At least I know where the problems are now anyway :) The coil brackets look fine by the way, but the coils are wobbly as there are no sleeves in them by the looks of it (as you suspected).

Ok, coils replaced (my soldering skills are embarrassing....I can never sell this machine due to the shame) and I'm pleased to say it works again. No machine gunning. Only took me a year 😂

Well done, I'm glad the coils did the trick. The usual problem with soldering the coil terminals is not having a high enough wattage iron to get enough heat into the terminals. You need an iron with around 60 watts and a big enough bit to get enough contact area - at least 4mm diameter bit and preferably about 6mm. You can practice on the old coils!

Well done, I'm glad the coils did the trick. The usual problem with soldering the coil terminals is not having a high enough wattage iron to get enough heat into the terminals. You need an iron with around 60 watts and a big enough bit to get enough contact area - at least 4mm diameter bit and preferably about 6mm. You can practice on the old coils!

The biggest problem I had was the lack of wire length. Not even enough spare length to wrap around the lugs without doing a major reroute. A third hand would have been really useful.

Back
Top Bottom