What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube reviews

PAX

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul Woollard
Any suggestions for who to watch for decent machine reviews?
I've been watching those two guys from SDTM who give reasonably unbiased opinions and their banter can be amusing
Cheers

Yeah I agree, although their still a decent watch zach has to be careful what his says, which is understandable really. Who wouldn’t in his position. He has to stay close to stern and other manufacturers realistically as a distributor. I think Cary hardy is a pretty decent watch and is usually pretty honest and spot on in my opinion. But of course everyone’s will be different. Buffalo are good for streams and pretty big so have a lot of the exclusives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know he was a distributor - well behind the curve (again!)
Guess he has to say they are all great games. Need to watch a few more reviews and see if there's any negative comments

Any suggestions for who to watch for decent machine reviews?
I've been watching those two guys from SDTM who give reasonably unbiased opinions and their banter can be amusing
Cheers

SDTM aslong as its Erik (Chuckwurt) doing the review. Zach is biased as he's human but a nice guy nonetheless.

I'm a fan of game room walk about videos where people talk about the machine how they play what they fixed up and where they got it from. i like a mix of arcade and pin's might do one myself one day. I just youtube game room vids etc

Buffalo pinball are a great watch Nick tells it how it is. Zach from SDTM does hate BM66 though.

I like Buffalo but the skinny fella referred to himself in the third person the other day and it was a deal breaker for me

The Pinball Network podcast is a good listen on Amazon Prime- it’s Zach from SDTM plus guests. As others have said, he usually doesn’t give a true appraisal of a game until it’s stopped production and he’s sold all his inventory. Saying that, even he couldn’t get hyped about the LZ Pro and gave a few backhanded criticisms of the makeable with any flipper centre ramp claim and missing wire form on the third flipper. Sounds like a swing and a miss other than the sound package.

Sometimes I just prefer to watch the streams rather than the reviews.
Danger is still the best IMO when he does his own streams away from all the fuss.

Thanks @Moonraker :D indeed I have!

Yep - started reviewing the machines at Special When Lit at the start of 2020 and plan to review the lot when we're allowed back @PAX it's nice to record a video with different players - so if you can make it to SWL (when we're allowed) let me know when you're coming and you could be in the vid!

Been a little gap since last video - but I have a TX-Sector and a SpiderMan which will be next on the reviews ;)

Here's Keith and I enjoying Genesis at SWL -
which was a fun game!

Holy mother of God check out the eyes on that Johnny Ball looky likey, me thinks twas best friends with LEMMY. Oh and the little ugly twat on the right too.

May well take you up on that Gez. Will be doing some touring of the country when we can.
Provided you don't mind not so photogenic people in the vid!
Looks like you've got a decent set up there.
Cheers

ive got to admit ive stopped watching pinball YouTube videos.
why? I just don’t have time, too busy watching Fripp and Toyah. he is one of my guitar 🎸 heroes after all!

👍 Cheers, I’ve a few machines at mine but Yep - defo worth getting to SWL in Salisbury - over 20 machines there (@Moonraker will know 😁)

As for how un-photogenic(?) you are.. indeed tricky one. If it’s elephant man proportions perhaps we can get a bag for your head or in editing cut back and forth to the Genesis backglass to manage people’s expectations. Sure we’ll cope! 🤪😂

Reactions: PAX
ive got to admit ive stopped watching pinball YouTube videos.
why? I just don’t have time, too busy watching Fripp and Toyah. he is one of my guitar 🎸 heroes after all!

Yeah - just for the guitar-playing I'm sure (didn't think it was on here that I first saw the link)

Back
Top Bottom