What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball machine reviews

GezTheHealer

Registered
Hello, I’m starting some pinball machine review videos for YouTube, I’m going to focus on the ones in Special When Lit and aim to do a review a week.

here is the first one on the lovely fathom please do have a watch & comment as you like.

Any other machines you’d like a look at in SWL let me know? Likely do white water with Ben as it’s one of his favourites, but any your keen to see more of, let me know. I’ve played most of them and can show you how I lose to Pete on them :)

@GezTheHealer I've only just realised you're Luke who I was messaging on Facebook 😂 That Fathom is a real beauty. Spirit would be good to see, not many good videos of that game online

Upcoming this week; white water, scared stiff..

Next week Spirit and Star Wars.

Let me know what you’d like to see next/more of & like subscribe :) I’m planning to have reviewed all the machines in SWL over the next 3 months. Spoiler: they’ll be just as bias, there’s only ever been a few games I’ve got bored of and walked away mid game.

Once I’ve covered SWL I plan to carry on and review some on site/in Gamerooms later on.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well, it was busy this week, I didn’t get to spirit but Scared stiff is on its way. In the meantime:

Want to know what it’s like to battle the galactic empire with a 1/16" inch steel ball and the bleeps and bloops r2-d2 can muster? See my review of Stern’s Premium Star Wars on site at SWL. Honestly I was suprised to see this down at 40 in the pinside too 100, yes it can be mean, yes it’s complex and honestly at first it put me off a bit because there is a lot going on. Though after more plays and learning it a bit more, it’s a great fast game which will only help build your skills;

Last edited:
Ok, so Spirit hopefully will be next week, as Pete want's to make sure it's looking its best for its small screen debut. This week SeaWitch was ripe for recording (40 years old this year and just shy of being in the top 100 on Pinside: not to shabby!)

I've played a few other Stern's of similar age (QuickSilver & one at Neil's...which was like galaxy but is not galaxy...) and they've all been good fun. Want to play a Star Gazer and Nine Ball now.

And now Tron. Can I beat the European Classics Champion? The 4th best pinballer in the United Kingdom? Peter Blakemore! Sure it's his machine and home turf, but I know more than three different things to go for on this machine, not to mention unequivocal skill, so how do you think I'll do?

Just have to watch and find out, it was a close game...

As well as a great fun game on Genesis with @new forest pinball

Next week It's the League finals and I've scraped in to a finals Spot playing with Pete, Keith & Greg.. maybe Jason if Keith can't make it. In anycase, not sure what I'll be filming next week but would like to do something a bit special as it will be review No10! Which marks being almost half way through the machines in the club. :clap: Why do I do it? Because I keep losing to Pete, Keith & Greg and with some newcomers I might fare better :rofl:

Last edited:
First of the lockdown videos, my icons and 10th Pinball review. I'd like to be doing more reviews on location at Special When lit, but can't of course because of the lockdown. So I'll review the three machines I've got for you over the coming weeks. Surf 'n Safari was the first machine I bought just over a year ago from @new forest pinball . It combines Safari animals with a waterpark full of people who are happy to go down waterslides next to swiping lions and tigers, splashing into a pool filled with hungry hippos. Why would they do this? Oh there's also women posing in their swimwear. Maybe thats why.

I am also open to requests on the next machine for me to review, as long as it's either Judge Dredd or Zacarria Robot!

Last edited:
Does anyone see any value to having pinball machine reviews sectioin on here... a proper review section as opposed to a bunch of threads??

A la pinside? ie everyones reviews contributing to an overall score for a pin?

Would be interesting to see the UK/US split.

Depends on your workload to enable it.

There’s already IPDB and Pinside which host reviews, so it’s really down to how many people will post balanced reviews and not just “best game eva” for each and every LE Stern they just happen to have bought that month (and is on early incomplete code too).

Thanks for that, glad to hear it.

I've quite fancied a Robo Wars! Would potentially be up for a loan swap for a while if you fancied it at somepoint :)

Beautiful looking machine mate, been really enjoying your reviews. These 80s Zaccs are wonderful would like one at some point. Would love a robot as well now 😂

I love my Champ '82. Really want a Time Machine to go next to it. About to attempt a flipper rebuild on the Champ' 82 using a combination of Zaccaria coils and Bally flipper rebuild kit. Just praying they are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom