What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Pinball Collections

My collection in my work in progress house. Two in the kitchen and two in the utility room, that's until I get off my... And sort the house out. Then theres a room for 7 pins, but i of course jumped the gun with pin ownership.. (why buy a house if you're not going to put pins in it?)

Continuing the trend started by @GezTheHealer in the previous post, Pinball Magic is on loan from @MajesticPinball
20210720_202539~3.jpg
20210724_223725.jpg

It's nearly a year since I got my first pinball machines, (Road Show and Black Rose came on the same day).

My collection in my work in progress house. Two in the kitchen and two in the utility room, that's until I get off my... And sort the house out. Then theres a room for 7 pins, but i of course jumped the gun with pin ownership.. (why buy a house if you're not going to put pins in it?)

Continuing the trend started by @GezTheHealer in the previous post, Pinball Magic is on loan from @MajesticPinball
View attachment 143616
View attachment 143617

It's nearly a year since I got my first pinball machines, (Road Show and Black Rose came on the same day).
Awesome collection, road show and black rose are two I’d love to play some more one day.

I’ve lived for some years with 3 machines under an agreed ‘one in one out’ treaty. To be fair the rest of the games room is mostly full old penny machines and coin-op stereo viewers. So when TAF arrived I nobly said ‘we’ll I guess Medusa will have to go’. To my great surprise Jan announced ‘ you can’t sell Medusa, it’s my favourite machine.’ The first I’d heard of it. So now we have 4. Hopefully next time I buy a machine I’ll be able to offer Medusa up again and be told ‘you can’t sell Medusa, it’s my favourite…’ I’ll just have to use this strategy sparingly.6DD5277E-569F-4123-82FD-F010718F6EA1.jpeg

Or a basement? We found the basement conversion option was good value for money.
its modern house, so has to be the shed option. Getting a bit ahead of myself though, only just got jp2 to join the vpin I got a few months ago. Space for one more, then I have to make decisions! Had a day out at Tilt and Electric Circus last weekend, both were great fun and I'll never have a shed big enough for either of those collections so might just have a couple at home and continue to visit Tilt and EC for variety

Just waiting on cointaker for STh topper!!!
but it’s all change with mando coming soon.

No something has to go but deciding isn’t so easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I watched your YouTube gameplay video for it. It was the first time I’d seen the game played.
Have to agree the soundtrack is awesome. Love the “Lion Man” call out.
Ahh nice! Thanks for checking that out. It’s a simple, but fun game. The upper playfield is great, trying to get a jackpot is more difficult than it looks, plus the speed and intensity of the multiball music makes it even more tense 😅

Ahh nice! Thanks for checking that out. It’s a simple, but fun game. The upper playfield is great, trying to get a jackpot is more difficult than it looks, plus the speed and intensity of the multiball music makes it even more tense 😅
No problem. It’s a good channel you have there. This is definitely a game Ive added to my must play list.

Had a wonderful time playing all of these today!

AIQ is an absolutely fabulous game! so much fun. I think that's my new favourite 😁
everytime I hear someone gush over the latest Elwin pin I end up buying one. With quotes like!

IMDN - “best game ever made” “code deeper than the Mariana Trench” “Aweome Layout” “best music pin ever made”
What a load of clunky hard to shoot nonesense and literally done my tits in so sold it!

JP - “better than IMDN” “new best game ever made” “code deeper than the earths core itself”
So I am playing with the so called superior homebrew code which is a taken for everyone it seems.
My take! A T-Rex rattle monster with infuriating jeep that needs a pinball god to master and Today I literally gave up even trying.
I will take a break and revisit once ive sorted a few jobs out on a couple of my keepers.
But one things for sure it won’t be here much longer regardless.

So it comes down to AIQ I do love the theme more than the Two aforementioned which helps.
It looks stacked with decent shots and a couple of crackers but oh deep code and issues with the layout and subway ect has me keep hearing that great pinball callout in my head “why torture yourself”
Will I get one? Probably
Will I hate it? Probably
Will I ever learn? Definitely not!

It just goes to show each to their own type of pinball machine and they truly are marmite.
My lineup with the likes of DP, TMNT, The Hobbit, R&M and TSPP show that for me Theme is king so maybe AIQ might be the 1st Elwin game I actually like only time will tell but JP will have to be out the door before I even consider one but before I do I will be playing that and Mando to compare side by side.

everytime I hear someone gush over the latest Elwin pin I end up buying one. With quotes like!

IMDN - “best game ever made” “code deeper than the Mariana Trench” “Aweome Layout” “best music pin ever made”
What a load of clunky hard to shoot nonesense and literally done my tits in so sold it!

JP - “better than IMDN” “new best game ever made” “code deeper than the earths core itself”
So I am playing with the so called superior homebrew code which is a taken for everyone it seems.
My take! A T-Rex rattle monster with infuriating jeep that needs a pinball god to master and Today I literally gave up even trying.
I will take a break and revisit once ive sorted a few jobs out on a couple of my keepers.
But one things for sure it won’t be here much longer regardless.

So it comes down to AIQ I do love the theme more than the Two aforementioned which helps.
It looks stacked with decent shots and a couple of crackers but oh deep code and issues with the layout and subway ect has me keep hearing that great pinball callout in my head “why torture yourself”
Will I get one? Probably
Will I hate it? Probably
Will I ever learn? Definitely not!

It just goes to show each to their own type of pinball machine and they truly are marmite.
My lineup with the likes of DP, TMNT, The Hobbit, R&M and TSPP show that for me Theme is king so maybe AIQ might be the 1st Elwin game I actually like only time will tell but JP will have to be out the door before I even consider one but before I do I will be playing that and Mando to compare side by side.
I haven't played Stern JP, so can;t compare, but honestly I'm not a huge fan of IMDN either. That's not to say I don't enjoy a few games on it, but I certainly never thought of itas my new favourite game. Of course it's made infinitely worse when it becomes Disco maiden...

I have similar issue with it - I don't like some of the shots very much.

AIQ, is a big hit for me in terms of theme too. But I really enjoyed the shots. None of them are super tight, they never felt too difficult (unlike the lock ramp on Ledzep next to it, which is super skinny), but that's not to say they're always easy of course. Some are very satisfying too. I don't know what it it about some looping habitrail shots, but they always feel great for some reason - like the ones on DE star wars, or Tales from the crypt - there's one on AIQ that made me feel the same way..

Now that's all to be taken with a pinch of salt of course, as someone that will never own one (a premium would cost me about 20 times what I paid for my current car 🤣) and is based purely from half an hour of extreme enjoyment at flipout. But if I had that kind of money, I would have placed my order this evening 😁

JP2 is just hard. You have to work at it to get the shots but I've been playing it again to get some practise for the pinfest comp and am enjoying it more than I did. Crucially in the game you have to play your shots very accurately or you are dead.

AIQ is definitely more forgiving but still tough.

JP2 is the greatest game of all time. I'm not even kidding. If anyone is selling a Pro I'll take it. Only game I've owned that I've wanted another one.

Back
Top Bottom