What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a software engineer by trade, and have been working with computers - as in, inquisitively and with an interest to their workings - since I was about 7.

It's very, very easy technically speaking, to consistently spoof someone's identity to the point where you could get your victim targeted in one of these busts.
In real terms though, nobody but someone's most sworn, mortal, evil-scheming, and extremely patient enemy would leave the kind of paper trail that produces such a police warrant.

As always, the law is 'innocent until proven guilty' for very good reasons, but in this case I sincerely doubt that there is a mistake.

It's very, very easy technically speaking, to consistently spoof someone's identity to the point where you could get your victim targeted in one of these busts.
In real terms though, nobody but someone's most sworn, mortal, evil-scheming, and extremely patient enemy would leave the kind of paper trail that produces such a police warrant.

The possibility of that ever happening must be almost zero. The only conceivable way it could happen is if the evil scheming mortal enemy setting him up were his wife or some government agency. Sounds like an interesting idea for a film plot.

Never trust a man with a beard.

Heard this yesterday, its fairly **** alright. Innocent till proven guilty and all that now, but a bullet is the only way to fix them lads imo. Plus I agree with the hard drive "evidence" mentioned above. Most computers are pretty much open for buisness for someone who has the ability and bad intentions to set someone up.

But the real case here is pinball. Stern are a buisness and what I imagine will happen is. He'll be given a leave from the company till trial, cant sack people of take their names off products over speculation, regardless of guilt or innocence. Case where I live where some (allegedly) commited blatent murder. Got off on a technicallicty and works in a very public job now, even though it made national news everyone has forgotten about it now.

If I were them I would just roll on with Iron Maiden, even if his name is or isnt on it, anyone who would know who he is or anything about this, would already know he was the designer for the pin. They could change the credit to a generic "Stern design team" or something aswell. Anyone have an idea on weither the pfs are done and all?

Remember when Pete Townsend got in trouble for accessing some nasty site? iirc he got off saying he was investigating it for his book. yeah...right.

It's a weird world we all live in. Who knows the truth anymore. Influential people doing what they want coupled with an incendiary media full of lies.
The world has gone bonkers and it's all there to see.
Sometimes I think I'm the only normal person in the universe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pinside thread on this ended up as the most pointless debate about innocent until proven guilty etc

Seems to me if you were accused/arrested of something like this and were completely innocent:

A. You would probably expect people to be saying/posting this stuff about you regardless
And
B. It would be the least of your problems that they were

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-came-across-this/page/15#post-3938052

Here's the link - post 719 in the pinside thread if link doesn't work. The post was clearly made by someone with either inside knowledge when they posted this in 2013, or with knowledge of a previous accusation that never went away. If the latter, then no reason for the current raid and subsequent silence, so the former sounds more likely to me.

Below, in post 739, someone else proves the post was not made recently as a reaction to the current news but predates it.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. The number of times cases like this end up squashed is infinitesimal compared to the number of times it's true.

Leaves a sick taste in the mouth doesn't it.

Most of the Pinside thread is normal pinside stuff. However, flicking through it there was a post from "zombieYeti". The poor bloke has now had the misfortune to work with both this bloke and JPop. Thought it might be of interest....

Lifted straight from Pinside.:

"Zombie Yeti curse?? MG, GB can he pick some winners. I'll give him a little prayer too".

ZY: Appreciate that... I'm choosing to think I'm either accidentally going to out all the POS's in the industry though... like a divining rod? Maybe? eh... a curse def seems like a plausible explanation tho pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_sad.gif ...Def a poor judge of character tho...

And I have had a tremendously difficult time processing this, and as a result have chosen to be tight lipped, which is a first for me... I have 3 kids and can't fathom the perverse illness that would possess a human mind like this... just sickening...

...but I wanted to pop in to settle something (or add my 2 cents if that helps) and that is that I do NOT blame anyone for ANY response or reaction to this horrific situation. Hell, I can't even play my GB since this came down. I HOPE that feeling passes - but at this stage, with no resolution for a sick f*** that deserves to be removed from society - I'm not sure you can rationalize a bad taste... MANY MANY good folks made that machine what it is despite the man credited - so I hope they don't suffer from the stain in the end, but understand the fallout and do not blame anyone (except the bad guy)...

I've got no jokes here either - that's a first for me as well... the closest I have to a joke is not really a joke - but perspective... maybe JPOP wasn't so bad in hindsight? I'd like to publicly apologize to him and thank him for just being a criminally stupid guy versus a depraved pedophile?

And lastly, for those hitting Stern - I can't speak for them & am only speaking for myself - but I KNOW it's sickening to everyone I've spoken with and they will do what is in their power. No one supports this behavior under any circumstance...

Going through my mind is I love my GB just as much as last week. It's still an awesome machine, built by a team of people. Just like CFTBL, JD, BR, Flinstones and many more

I entirely agree. The crime he has been accused of is vile, but the machines he was involved in designing are inanimate objects worked on by many, many people. I'd argue that Ghostbuster's personality as a game is more down to the artwork than the layout anyway. Believing the machines to be tainted somehow seems crazy to me.

Pete Townshend was cautioned for using a credit card to access similar materials - should those who own Tommy feel any differently about the game?

Hollywood has a well documented problem with child sexual abuse - should we take issue with going to the cinema, subscribing to Netflix, or buying Blurays?

I could go on, but it seems redundant. I feel no differently about GB.

Pete Townshend was cautioned for using a credit card to access similar materials - should those who own Tommy feel any differently about the game?

Indeed.

However I'm still shocked to this day that 'Fiddle About' is actually included as a mode in the game :eek:............. seriously... a song about Tommys Uncle Ernie abusing him :eek:

I know it's part of the Tommy story / rock opera but I think a game meant for fun could have lived without it.

https://genius.com/The-who-fiddle-about-lyrics

Last edited:
I am no cheerleader for Stern aka Sega aka Data East.

But on this occasion, I feel for the Stern guys, They would have had no idea that these allegations were on the way. Wrong place, wrong time for Stern. And operating in a business where it is notoriously difficult to make any money.

Harming children is up there with genocide as about as bad as it gets. Emotions run strong. Public opinion is explosive.

Anyone's bet as to what happens to Trudeau's current title. It could be put on ice, awaiting the trial. It might get binned. The licensor may have a contractual clause enablng them to kill it. Someone else might get brought in to finish it off.

Look, lets stop beating around the bush. This ****er created Bugs Bunnys Birthday Bash, and for that alone he should be castrated.

Each to their own i guess, but i'd never own an item in my home with the taint of child abuse even remotely attached to it. Not on any level, and that includes my love for pinball and the need to not lose 6k+

I'd make a bet that a LOT of GB owners would take a refund in a heartbeat if it were offered. Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself that.

Justify ownership however you like. I won't ever have to.

but i'd never own an item in my home with the taint of child abuse even remotely attached to it.

Nothing in the house from China then? Whilst Child Sexual abuse is disgusting and IMO those found guilty should be chemically castrated (or preferably killed in the most painful way possible), there's plenty of child abuse going on in China... Working in Dirty squalid conditions, being forced to work at the age of 5 and upwards for 14+ hours a day.

Sickening & disgusting all of it, completely agreed. However i don't know that there's any way of getting around it.... Which is IMO one of the biggest issues in the world today.

Whilst i'm sure it happens, i'm equally sure that you can't tar everyone with the same brush. By your logic, EVERY factory in china abuses children. Come on now, get real. Its impossible to know.

What we can and do know is that a machine was designed by a famous, well known pinball designer who marketed the sale of the machine as such (youtube vid of him breaking down the features of the game and how involved he was) then was found out to have child abuse imagery on his PC among other nasty allegations. That's a huge difference.

Like i said, justify things you desire any way you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom