What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC Power Board Tester - WPCiri Tester - Group Buy -closed

Some update: I'm planning a new pcb that I'm going to build shortly. The new version features connectors that are not crimped but with a welding molex connector, and IDC connectors to speed up the longest part to do. Maybe I change the firmware slightly, adding something. I am also designing a "mini" tester without a display, but with LEDs to signal the outputs. It's just a test, I'm not sure i'm going to put it into production, but it would be a cheaper version (obviously with fewer things than the full tester). Also I'm also creating other pcbs for some light/motor mods (if you are interested, let me know that I'll explain). It's going to take me a few weeks to finish it all.

Now it would be useful for me to understand the ultimate interest for all you outside Europe, to make a single order and then, once arrive at one of you, forward it to the various people.

As mentioned, there is no assembly kit. But I could also only do the tester and as for the wooden box, the 12V power supply and the probe (things that are on amazon) you can take them yourself (obviously taking them out of the total cost).

How can we do that?

Thanks, Gabriele

Awesome.
One of us here will step up and take this on as a group buy.
We have a major show in August we will largely all attend so that is a date we can work for distribution.

Where are you on a price and then we can get a buy in list?

I am in for a kit please.

The price of a full kit is, as you already know, always 450€ + shipping.

The extra buy list is simply:

- 12V 5A power supply
- A classic p6100 probe (of course, one is enough for one tester)
- A simply wooden box, not necessary

Tell me if you find these things on Amazon UK and the price in euros to be removed.

For me it would be better so as to make a smaller box for shipping. Laser printing on the wooden box would be lacking, however, but it can be done without it, although I am a little sorry 😅

Everything else will obviously arrive complete, mounted and tested.

Then of course that for several pieces the price drops slightly, depends how many (1 or 2pcs 450€, 3-5 pcs 400, 5—more 370€ and of course then you take away the price of the components above).

But you have to do the expedition.

For the mini version everything is still to be understood and tried, instead of an atmega328 I use another micro and I still have to figure out if everything will work, so for now it remains on standby.

The mod I'm doing is this:

IMG_20210308_203835.jpg

Practically, if everything works properly, it is a mod that allows you to activate an output (lights or anything else) when you receive a pulse from the pinball machine (coil, switch or flasher). The input is optoisolated. The output remains active for a time programmed through a button and can be fixed or flashing at a speed always chosen by button. If everything works, I give one to each one.

Then I also give my historic anti reset card
IMG_20210308_204440.jpg

Then I'm also playing with starpost and fluorescent plastics

FB_IMG_1615232863291.jpg

And I need to fix some boards... 😂

IMG-20210307-WA0027.jpg
IMG_20210308_205123.jpg

As you can see I don't miss the fun, but I miss the time! 😅

Yes, p6100 are all the same... I had a problem with power supply that were 5a but only on paper, unfortunately the power board sucks so much current, I found myself well with those of my link

Maybe I misinterpret 😅

5A are more than enough, just do not take those from a thousand Ampere at 3€... 😂

Good morning!

Right now I ordered all the PCBs, as soon as they arrive I obviously have to do some tests, modify the box, and other things.

If everything works I added a third version of tester with an interesting thing on it, but I won't anticipate anything 😅

@Paul, Have you received requests?

Somehow I missed this but hopefully folks know I am in and will assist in any way.

There will be two prices, one for the version you know and one for the new version (if everything will work) 😅

Take off from the price I had written (for now, refer to the version you know) simply the price of the power supply, probe and wooden case (price in Italy are different from your).

As soon as I have everything mounted I will show you the news

Sorry, first post was updated and a message sent to potentials. I didn’t add your name, are you interested?

While waiting for the new PCBs, I dedicated myself to the software... The most interesting part (maybe) I don't show you, it's being tested 😅

Meanwhile I have added several pinouts, sometimes it is useful to know what you are touching with the probe 😅

I hope you like it!

IMG_20210328_173418.jpgIMG_20210328_173438.jpgIMG_20210328_173511.jpgIMG_20210328_173535.jpgIMG_20210328_173640.jpg

Awesome. That is exactly what I want to see. The strange noises my logic probe makes whilst following a schematic are not always enough to know if I am close to the only problem, one of many or none at all because I am on the wrong leg.

Awesome. That is exactly what I want to see. The strange noises my logic probe makes whilst following a schematic are not always enough to know if I am close to the only problem, one of many or none at all because I am on the wrong leg.
She looks a stupid things or simply, but I've been drawing with a thousand restart for the positions of draw, I've been doing since morning 😅😅

Back
Top Bottom