What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC Power Board Tester - WPCiri Tester - Group Buy -closed

Calimori

Staff member
Alias
Calimori
Group buy being arranged but preference to limit to 6 units which has been filled.
Final proposed options here: https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...ter-wpciri-tester-group-buy.48862/post-403599
Price quoted as:

1. 330 Euro for the basic model + delivery to UK (~£10), VAT (£), onwards delivery to UK address (~£10) (Total £285+£10+£57+£10 = ~£362)
    380 for the IC tester model + delivery to UK (~£10), VAT (£74), onwards delivery to UK address (~£10) (Total £327+£10+£65+£10 = ~£412)

All figures are approximate based on exchange rates, the number involved and the costs negotiated for delivery. As these as coming from Italy in a large batch, they will incur VAT and an onwards cost to deliver to your UK address. I can make them available for collection in Luton or get them to a show if that helps.

You will also need to source the power, probes and box of your choice. Shared examples come to £36 from Amazon.

Confirmed

@Paul - IC Version
@Julian Hepworth - IC version
@broomstick - IC version
@Calimori - IC version
@Mrv8outboard IC version
@stumblor - IC version

First refusal
@Moonraker

-------------------------------------------

Hi
I found this on youtube and then pinside. A bench tester for WPC power boards.
Has anyone got one or tried it?

Last edited:
I saw this a few months ago comes with all cables in a wooden case he said it was €450 and had a 5v reset board thrown in, nice piece of kit but to much for me, these are the pics he sent me and the cost, this was middle of last year 92c5e2030db1ba0bb0d754073a5d3e92.jpga3c3248d152430cd498335d5f3cf9870.jpg149d551e584599703fc79e27a81b73db.jpg

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Well looks like this one may have stalled already....

He said inintially that he wont ship outside Europe.... I advised i'm happy to send a courier to collect.... ( I also have some good work colleagues in Italy, so those guys may be able to help out, but forgot mention that) - and was met with the following reply:

That might be an idea.. Now I don't have any ready, I'm still undecided whether to do any more. eventually I'll assemble them completely. If I do more, I'il contact you. I have some updates in mind and I have to find time to do so. Thank you in the meantime for your interest!

Will see if i can get any further... I get the impression that he is overwhelmed and that they take a looonnng time to assemble...

Last edited:
Well looks like this one may have stalled already....

He said inintially that he wont ship outside Europe.... I advised i'm happy to send a courier to collect.... ( I also have some good work colleagues in Italy, so those guys may be able to help out, but forgot mention that) - and was met with the following reply:

Will see if i can get any further... I get the impression that he is overwhelmed and that they take a looonnng time to assemble...
I contacted him in September last year and got the impression he only had a few left, I saw it on a page on Facebook, I think he's made other stuff aswell

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Ha, I emailed him too. Our interest might make him think about this.
Maybe a group buy with the courier option would make him do another run?

^ Well funnily enough ive had a thought about developing a full board testing rig for bally ss machines. ie something that will test the mpu board, solenoid driver board, lamp driver board, etc. ...... then i realised it already exists. it’s called a pinball machine !!!! 😂😂😂😂
I joke. it’s a great idea though.

You are not wrong. I like having things like this so I can help others out like folks helped me when I started.
The guy knows that it is expensive for the hobbyist and really useful for the person who make money from fixing machines. He also wants to make a quality product so doesn’t want to cheapen it to make it the right price for the hobbyists but it fail.

I have some knowledge... But i'm just lazy and like something straight forward which proves i'm not going mad, as i can end up going down a rabbit hole.......

Hello everyone, thank you for the interest shown. Sorry for any mistakes but I'm not English 😅

I'm trying to answer everyone a little bit.

This tester was created by me in my spare time. Electronics is my hobby, I've created other things as well. The tester is also very useful for those who are novice, but also for those who repair many of them. The greatest convenience is to be able to test the driver board detached from the pinball machine, in max qthree minutes.

I will never say that it is indispensable. However, these are the differences between using it and not:

1) Without tester You must have a pinball machine
2) Without a tester you are not comfortable testing it mounted on the pinball machine (it is obviously not even accessible from behind)
3) not all pinball machines use all outputs, so it is impossible to test all outputs using a pinball machine as a test
4) if a Tip is short, he can continuously skip the fuse and also burn a coil or other problems with things on the playfield
5) the tester works at 5v, tells you if the output is not going, tells you the number of the various components to check, tells you the logical state by probe, and you easily detects the problem, Without changing random components (as many unfortunately do)

All comfortably on the table, without continuing to put and remove the board from the pinball machine. Once the tester says the board works, THE BOARD WORKS. Any issues will only be researched elsewhere, without changing random components on driver board

For the price I know exactly that for hobby use it is expensive, but I also know that for work use it is repaid in a nano second. But it is impossible for me to determine a price based on usage, or to be able not to sell it to those who do it at work, or even by putting counters with limits of use.

You have to consider that there is a lot of assembly and in any case it is unique in the world of its kind 😃

Another problem is that I don't do things in half, I always try to do the best I can, even to avoid problems. The wooden house is superfluous, I know, but for me it comes out like this. Laser printing on the box with the circuit of a wpc, is not indispensable, but I like it. I want things to be complete. Entering all the names (lots) and acronyms of the various components starting from the electrical diagram was not indispensable, but it is convenient to immediately read the component that does not go on the display. Connectors with plastic are made to pull the connector away without pulling from the cables and breaking them. The name on all the connectors I could not make them but I liked it that way. The case is superfluous but it is more complete. The touch screen is not indispensable but it is beautiful. Etc etc. I don't do it for work, so I'm not interested in making numbers, I'm just interested in doing things the best I can. And make the 3d drawings, the case, so much test to see it finished, programming, takes away a lot of time. Mine, not others. That's it.

If one is expert in repair he can continue to fix the cards as he has always done, I have never forced anyone to take it, but it is a fact that is very useful. Whoever took it (in all Europe) is thrilled. Believe me 😅 And if you're not convinced, it's not a problem, absolutely, but I've already said why it should be.

And I'm very happy about that.

And I tell you this without ulterior motives, also because I don't ship out eu, and I will most likely not do any more (unless I can find a method to speed up assembly). I already have two jobs: 10 hours away from home and 6 hours with 2 small children 🤣

Sorry I've been long but I wanted to say my point of view.

Ps: here you can see another creation of mine, such as a pinball stadium but with 5 inputs, rgb addressable, uv effect, launcher effect, playfield effect, and the ability to use as inputs not only flasher but also matrix or coil switches. And thousands of combinations 😅 The effect with a video camera is very exaggerated, I assure you that live does not give any discomfort to the eyes 😅

Pin Ciri's Light

I wish you a good evening.

IMG_20210219_231121.jpgIMG_20210219_231335.jpgIMG_20210219_231241.jpgIMG_20210219_231156.jpgIMG_20210219_231133.jpgIMG_20210219_231144.jpg

IMG_20210219_192453.jpgIMG_20210219_192807.jpgIMG_20210219_192713.jpg
IMG_20210219_231216.jpg

Hello Gabriele and welcome to our forum.
Thank your for explaining the situation and showing us the detail you put into this. I know you have been speaking to a few of us via email. I really do appreciate how much effort you put into making this a quality product.
If you do make another batch and want to sell a few of them to us then please get in contact.
And tell us who managed to get one because if they are on here then we want to see them review it. :)

Yes, is a member of this forum. I'm going to give him the discussion link, so if he wants, he can answer it. I don't know if he wants to.

Really pleased to hear you like it Helmut. How would you rate your skills at fixing before and after getting the machine?

Haha. I suspected that was the case.
Where I really want to see this in the hands of someone like me, who has basic skills but can follow instructions.

Back
Top Bottom