What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOZ light help needed

GillAy

Site Supporter
The multi coloured lights on my WOZ keep flashing all the colours.
Looking this up it seems that the O light of the RAINBOW isn't working properly. It doesn't show white.
How do I go about fixing this? I can't see how to get at the led.
Thanks,
Gill

I am not sure where this light is as its been a while since I had a WOZ, but you can turn lights off in the menu. If one light goes faulty it can effect the others, so by turning the one off which is faulty the others should be fine.
The bad news is I expect you will new light board, I did fix a few that went on one of mine, but was not easy.

IMO there is only one bullet proof option here is to purchase the 2.0 light kit upgrade. Once I started playing around with poor cable connections and trying to identify if its a board or a dodgy wire. Just take the plunge and buy the light kit you will never have another issue again. The single boards are £40 a pop I would really just upgrade.

IMO there is only one bullet proof option here is to purchase the 2.0 light kit upgrade. Once I started playing around with poor cable connections and trying to identify if its a board or a dodgy wire. Just take the plunge and buy the light kit you will never have another issue again. The single boards are £40 a pop I would really just upgrade.

Does not sound cheap, but then again I had 3 big boards go and spent around £500 getting it working again which is why I spent so much time trying to see if I could repair these.

Thx for swift replies.
O in RAINBOW doesn't show red or white so I turned W10 board off. Makes no difference. Maybe there's another problem too.
I have a light upgrade kit which came with the WOZ when I bought it, wsa hoping to get a few more plays before installing it but it looks like I have an extra job tomorrow.

just out of interest what’s the issue with the original woz lighting and what’s different in the v2.0 lighting upgrade?

did it affect any other jjp models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a nutshell they shipped initially with 5v boards which aren’t sufficient to handle the loads so they fail. It’s likely “when” not “if” they fail.
So they beefed them up to 7.5v but same issues so they fixed the problem with Hobbit and subsequently released a 2.0 lighting kit for WOZ which had to bought separately at a huge cost (mine was about £750-£800)

Badly designed initially but sorted now.

Well worth the effort & cost in my Opinion its a beautiful machine so sad I just traded mine for a DPLE which I also luv btw.

All WOZ pins came with the early boards and I think only the last couple in got shipped with v2. Its a slippery slope once you start to repair them not to mention a pain in the ****. If your WOZ is a keeper just bite the bullet and get the v2 set from Phil. It’s a lot of work (around 3 days for a mere mortal like me) but in the end well worth it as it’s a thing of beauty.
you can start switching boards off to bypass the flickering and the likes but it kinda starts to lose the aforementioned beauty as lighting is one of the feature where this table excels Above all others IMO.
Since fitting v2 in mine it has been flawless.

going to lift an old thread ....JJP have these in stock as of today ..just bought a 2.0 kit for my OZ
contact Ken Holland for the kits

In a nutshell they shipped initially with 5v boards which aren’t sufficient to handle the loads so they fail. It’s likely “when” not “if” they fail.
So they beefed them up to 7.5v but same issues so they fixed the problem with Hobbit and subsequently released a 2.0 lighting kit for WOZ which had to bought separately at a huge cost (mine was about £750-£800)

Badly designed initially but sorted now.
just got my kit ...

All WOZ pins came with the early boards and I think only the last couple in got shipped with v2. Its a slippery slope once you start to repair them not to mention a pain in the ****. If your WOZ is a keeper just bite the bullet and get the v2 set from Phil. It’s a lot of work (around 3 days for a mere mortal like me) but in the end well worth it as it’s a thing of beauty.
you can start switching boards off to bypass the flickering and the likes but it kinda starts to lose the aforementioned beauty as lighting is one of the feature where this table excels Ab

See the kit is sold out again !
hi Ken ...its listed as sold out but they are available ....mail ken holland and get on the list for the next run ...think they are making a bunch at a time while producing new pins
my order has been with them 12 weeks but now here

Wiggled the cable on the two small faulty boards, right side anf under right slingshot, they now work, the rest on that daisy chain are no longer playing up too 👍

Last edited:
Wiggled the cable on the two small faulty boards, right side anf under right slingshot, they now work, the rest on that daisy chain are no longer playing up too 👍
Hmm they are back playing up but not as bad as before and at least not causing the chain further up issues.. gonna need 2.0.
Does anyone that has done the 2.0 upgrade have two spare one LED 7.5v boards that work.

Unfortunately WOZ is my sons favourite game. So keen to get it right!

Hi Kenny ....board kit cost £735 shipped ...plus duty at DHL
I do have a box full of boards and cables ....everything that came off the machine

the 2.0 kit is dimmer ...but it is what it is
i have some 12v spot lights coming to mount on the slings ,same as the factory ones that light the castle and munchkin land ,just think JJP didnt put enough light in the slings ,1 GI was never enough

Yeah I’d heard the 2.0 kit is dimmer :-(. The previous owner also fitted additional spot lights and a strip of leds at the top of the machine. I’ll definitely be ordering the 2.0 kit. How long did it take you to fit it?

strange he had fitted them with the 7.5 running ,mine was bright enough while it was running
i had it fitted Kenny
forum member ,he has done 3 WOZ
took him a full day

wasnt for me personally,it was easier for me to pay someone to install the kit and carry on with my work load

If any of you guys have an old WOZ 7.5V light kit for sale, after you upgraded to the 2.0kit please let me know. I would like to buy it.

@Hiltoncriss & @Kenny Taylor

I am not sure if you are still looking, but I just finished doing the 2.0 upgrade on my WOZEC, and have all the 7.5v boards available. I had 1 GI that was bad, but all of the rest of the boards were working fine.

Let me know if you are still looking for those boards. I can send pics etc.

@Hiltoncriss & @Kenny Taylor

I am not sure if you are still looking, but I just finished doing the 2.0 upgrade on my WOZEC, and have all the 7.5v boards available. I had 1 GI that was bad, but all of the rest of the boards were working fine.

Let me know if you are still looking for those boards. I can send pics etc.
Cheers for the offer, bought one full set back in Feb. I hope I will never need it.

Lol. I’m waiting for three single LED 7.5v boards to arrive direct from JJP. I think I only have one faulty but bought a few spare. However I’ll certainly take them off you..

Cheers
Kenny

Back
Top Bottom