What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy wonka...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Agree, flat plastics on Maiden are a cost cutting disappointment.

So far ordered three 3D replacements as the game is so good, it's worth spending a bit to make it a bit better.

Hoping this fits when it arrives! NECA 2 mins to midnight figure.

View attachment 83518
Yeah but even the LE ones were pants, you need to get the proper NECA ones, my Killers one is awesome
8AB169E4-D494-4620-AAE8-4E3A89F83448.jpegB5ED64C9-12DC-41B1-8081-F0DB3AB5038E.jpeg71E0D3E2-61C9-42D0-8D0E-8859AC62E1EA.jpeg4ED02C8B-347B-4223-987B-411F8348BBB3.jpeg

Last edited:
yes David works for deeproot. his last game was pirates.

Do you guys have links for the 3d maiden figures? Asking for a friend...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've been away and not really seen any of the videos/ reveal stuff properly until today.

I'm sure this could potentially be another great Lawlor title BUT right now I'm struggling massively with the music/sounds ........it just sounds horrendous, a horrible sonic clusterf**k of annoyance o_O:D

May I remind you that you like popeye? Lol

I've been away and not really seen any of the videos/ reveal stuff properly until today.

I'm sure this could potentially be another great Lawlor title BUT right now I'm struggling massively with the music/sounds ........it just sounds horrendous, a horrible sonic clusterf**k of annoyance o_O:D

luckily its not so catch... JJP need to pony up the spondulicks for this though:

Just solved the mystery of why someone in Willy Wonka looked familiar (I hadn't seen the film for about 25 years so forgot about it). Looked a lot like Rory Kinnear, but its actually his father Roy Kinnear.

It’s not so catchy that you end up with it in your head for days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have to agree with you Grizz, I was liking everything about this games right up until I listened to the chosen sound effects and music.
Such a crying shame, it’s almost like they are trying to reach out to an audience under 5 years old.
I’m sure on a noisy location it wouldn’t be a problem, but at home it would do your head in.

His latest 'Pinside Babies' episode is pretty amusing. For reference this is what he is ranting about https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/25

There's nothing worse than a bad copied logo, especially when its plastered all over your £9k nib game. I'm not a particular fan of aurich, but his answer on whats up with it is pretty spot on in my mind and the 'intern' comment is pretty funny. Why not just take the extra hour to recreate the vector outline and be done with it. Problem resolved and move on. For people who've worked in graphics departments its a red rag i think. No avoiding it. Kind of similar if you see a replacement pinball plastic set for your fav game and the graphics aren't recreated as accurately or with as much care as you'd like.

The other issue is the fact that someone hand drew the logo on the poster originally back in the 70's with lots of lovely detail and the care and attention to do it justice wasn't followed by warner later when it was redrawn. Thats the thing he's pointing out and its alittle sad they (warner) don't care but not surprising. I guess you will get more of this type of analysis when you are in a market with lots of other games having hand drawn art by vector line experts like dirty donny and zombie yeti. Its not a big leap to see why.

From what he was saying Warner don't seem to give a crap how accurate the logo is, apparently signing off on several different versions. There have been typos spotted on the prototype shown and apparently that was supplied artwork too.

From what he was saying Warner don't seem to give a crap how accurate the logo is, apparently signing off on several different versions. There have been typos spotted on the prototype shown and apparently that was supplied artwork too.
It beggars belief that spelling mistakes get this far - 'FIRST DAY OG OCTOBER', 'GOBBSTOPPER'.

It's a shame that typo's and Digital Art Packages are the way things are in pinball, and other fields today. Artists aren't valued and companies don't care about the quality it seems, just as long as it's quick and cheap.

It beggars belief that spelling mistakes get this far - 'FIRST DAY OG OCTOBER', 'GOBBSTOPPER'.
O.G. Original Gangster Gobstoppers? Those rule! :)

Call me a sick monkey, but I'd love a return to painted stencils on plywood as an option. Complete with splatters and fuzzy edges here and there!

Wonka-SE-Cabinet-Left-small2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom