What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams firepower issue

Somehow i don't think that LG are the "Glasses guide" of pinball valuations, just Google SEO brings them to the top of search.

A non working game from this era is worth a hell of a lot less. You could be spending a small fortune on boards, and then have to rebuild the power supply - then cure other issues.

If the displays are not perfect, this will also devalue things as well.

I would give it him back and tell him to put it on ebay at the next £1/£3 listing day as sell it 'as-is' not working.

Some collectors have boards on the shelf ready to go into pins like this - but most of them hang onto them!

People who run proper businesses may sell a Firepower for £3K (or try to!) but do not forget - it would of been workshopped to high standard (well it should be for that!), will have a warranty and backup, 20% VAT paid, delivery, business running costs and the dirty word PROFIT.

A non working game from this era is worth a hell of a lot less. You could be spending a small fortune on boards, and then have to rebuild the power supply - then cure other issues.

If the displays are not perfect, this will also devalue things as well.

I would give it him back and tell him to put it on ebay at the next £1/£3 listing day as sell it 'as-is' not working.

Some collectors have boards on the shelf ready to go into pins like this - but most of them hang onto them!

People who run proper businesses may sell a Firepower for £3K (or try to!) but do not forget - it would of been workshopped to high standard (well it should be for that!), will have a warranty and backup, 20% VAT paid, delivery, business running costs and the dirty word PROFIT.
Agreed,I'm more dmd era 1991 onward,I wouldn't look twice at any before that.but before it stopped working,it was good with no issues.

Really need to see pics of the machine to see condition, to give an accurate valuation. Unless it’s had a recent refurb, then I can’t see even the best example in working condition making more than £1500-1600. A worn pf, damaged cab /paintwork or flaking backglass will reduce the value a few £100s. A non worker in average condition is probably worth around £900-1k.

A fully refurbed one with new pf, plastics, bg and restencilled cabinet might be worth £3k, or more, but only to someone who really wanted a minty firepower.

It’s a sub £1k machine at present. buy the new boards offered by someone on here , get it working and maybe it’s £1.5k. it’s not in as good a condition as the one that sold on ebay recently for £1,499 and, that top bidder now has a machine, so it’s arguable it may sell for less. But who knows with ebay, it could end up making less or more. I’ve always fancied a firepower, but totally out of room to house one.

I seriously do not think you would get £900 for this - with all the board work and the possibility that other things are not right.

If you end up having to buy a couple of new boards (if you do not have the time to sit down and patiently fix) then you have to add you may be £600-750 down. Like I said before - are all the displays perfect? If not, replacements £250.

On a buyers point of view (and yes, I would buy it - fix it - sell it) you would have to keep into account having to sink a lot of money in parts, or time repairing boards (but time equals money!) - I would pay £400 for that and no more.

Buying for £400 - you may turn a £300 profit if you are lucky enough to sell at £1.5K.

If you wanted to get £1500 for it (the market value) you could send Jim at @myPinballs the boards but he does not work for free, as like me - it is his living.

You are opening yourself up to a lot of hassle to do a pal a favour.

Back
Top Bottom