What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Dunnit GI

jack burton

Registered
So pretty much all of the gi on my who dunnit is out.

So after a quick looks I found some nice and crispy connectors. Game didnt come with a manual and the pdf I printed off is wierdly missing the wiring for the GI connectors. I fould a singular page but I have no idea if its for Who Dunnit or not

http://s891.photobucket.com/user/arakissun/media/S60410-184438_zps54ft5rix.jpg.html
http://s891.photobucket.com/user/arakissun/media/S60410-184438_zps54ft5rix.jpg.html
From looking at that page seems to me whoever was at this made a balls of it (J121 below)

I read that the wiring is the same as TOM, which I have and have the proper manual. Does anyone know if this is true? I had to run off before I got a chance to go through it myself

lh3_googleusercontent_com_hvtmTf_hTWl3PsQwcWF5hy6sAFu1ivRrAa7efc92f9dd24b0a6cc1290e026463260d0.jpg

If someone had a Who Dunnit manual they could check for me that would be great, or even confirm that page is correct

Is the key pin 4 from the left on the header pins ? If yes then it is wired @rse over t!t.
If the key is 4 from the right then it is correct.

@strobey Have a look at this thread!

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you! Pretty much ALL the GI on my Who dunnit is out!

Dunc

@Dunc there is nothing plugged in to your J120 because it was a fire risk if you recall. It needs 2 new IDC molex connectors and the directly-soldered wires removing from the rear of the power driver PCB.

Tim

Right. The one you're holding is wired correctly. The connectors are number around the board in a clockwise manner, so on the bottom they run 1 on the right to 11 on the left.

J120 and j121 are parallel connectors and have the same pin out. So either can be used.

BUT the connector on J120 is a poor replacement and has been plugged into the right hand side of the pins whereas it should go over to the left. If we ignore the fact that they're burnt to fook, then imagine these two rows of pins are one connector. The result is that you are running two sets of lights out of the circuit designed for one set. Either it'll get very hot or the fuses will have blown if total current has exceeded 5amps.

From right to left it should run
Brown orange yellow Blank green violet then repeat with white and the same coloured bands.

oh yeah, goes without saying. Has to wait a few days though, have to wait till payday, have to order a few other bits and might aswell do it all in the one order
It's a pain in the @**** to do but is one of those jobs that cannot be shirked. It's always satisfying though when it's done and the GI is rock solid and nothing is over heating.

Back
Top Bottom