What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Heavy duty IDC tool

strobey

Site Supporter
Alias
Tim
Can anyone recommend a decent IDC tool for .156 connectors?

I have a plastic one but it's gotten fairly mashed up.

Cheers

Tim

That machined one from Phil looks very well engineered, clearly better quality than the pressed steel one from pinballcentre. The price is off the scale though for what it is, compared to what Molex must originally source them for - I guess they can charge a high premium for the Molex branding.

That machined one from Phil looks very well engineered, clearly better quality than the pressed steel one from pinballcentre.

Yep, agreed. Just ordered one from Phil, so we'll see.

I'll try it out and post back.

One thing I know for certain, you get what you pay for with tools. Screwfix taught me that lesson...

Reactions: JT.
Yes i also use the one from Phil and its great (very tactile it even makes you feel like you know what you are doing :)

Very pleased with this. It's heavy and inserts the wire perfectly, as you'd expect.

The tooled end has a ridge running down it to keep the cable gripped centrally as you push down.

The teeth are spaced very slightly to favour one end which matches the ID(C) part of the Molex plugs exactly - not something I had noticed before, so technically the tool is "handed", although I've tried it both ways and seems to make little difference.

Anyway I would recommend - cheers Phil for the quick dispatch!

Tim

20160925_134952.jpg

20160925_135010.jpg

20160925_135135.jpg

Back
Top Bottom