What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Whitewater £4250

I'd guess someone has a much better spare playfield left over from a restore than the one in this machine, shouldn't cost too much going down that route. A lot of work to swap over of course.

Mirco’s WH20 playfield is the best out there imo.
No issues with mine at all
Really good to know that people have good experiences with Mirco playfields - incase I want one sometime. I’d read (and seen) a tonne of negative stuff on the internet about mis-cut holes and poor customer service but, of course, people don’t grumble on the internet about good experiences!

Really good to know that people have good experiences with Mirco playfields - incase I want one sometime. I’d read (and seen) a bunch of negative stuff on the internet about mis-cut holes and poor customer service but, of course, people don’t grumble on the internet about good experiences!

Mate to be fair, all those things definitely DEFINATELY still apply. The guy has a rep and it's not unfounded, he's threatened legal action more than once behind closed doors. With regards to quality, I think it all depends on the game, and when it was produced. His process may have changed or been impacted by business scale, so what was good on one game might not be the same for the next. Certainly, it's more than likely you will have a good experience (and he has sorted out playfield issues for Andy in the past) but proceed with caution.

So let’s ask the BIG question here “should we comment on sales ?” I think this thread has answered that question don’t you think !

Undoubtedly. Chris B's encyclopedic knowledge of the exact whereabouts of this particular pin over the last 10 years including owners, longitude and latitude and elevation above sea level has been a particular stand out moment. We'll done forum as a whole.

Attachments

• 3534E596-F6B5-4491-8B75-B16E52B25B61.jpeg
    3534E596-F6B5-4491-8B75-B16E52B25B61.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 97
Went out for a meal in Basingstoke Saturday and came home with this😉
Ah your pin-mobile, it doesn’t really fit, I was winding you up 😉😂
I always use 2 large bits of card on top of each other to slide one in, as the seats down quite go perfectly flush. Loads of room though mate 👍👍

Ah your pin-mobile, it doesn’t really fit, I was winding you up 😉😂
I always use 2 large bits of card on top of each other to slide one in, as the seats down quite go perfectly flush. Loads of room though mate 👍👍
😂 I will find out one day😊
Ive read people use those swimming noodles underneath to easily get them in and out but you would need to chock it in so it doesn’t move about.
Cardboard or a sheet of wood sounds better though.

Tennis balls or some lengths of dowel also work quite well, but you're right, it then needs making fast once it's in.

Ok so here are the people I think owned this
Bought from auction by steve frith sold to moose man then on to guy in Wrexham can’t remember his user name cr something I think then to jake then to taz turbo I bet if you do an advance search on it you will find out
Wrong unfortunately, mine went to Nevin

The Wrexham chap with cr... is cr5000462 - looked like he was planning a restore of a WH2O a year or so ago - but moved that particular machine on - could be this one or could be a coincidence. https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/brand-new-whitewater-full-ramp-set.46689/

I've dealt with both people caught up in this situation - both seem very honest to me through our conversations - so very sad to see a deal like this go smelly...

However for what its worth, (and I'm no expert) the few pins I've bought - I've always travelled to check it out before paying. Normally get to play some great games owned by members at the same time - so what's the downside!? I sold one machine to a fellow member that he never saw it (Martin collected) - was gutted he had to replace the flipper mechs at Pinfest. A drink and an honest apology (I realy should have replaced them...), we are still talking!
Mine went to Nevin, he restored it and sold it on.

It’s your response to this that has got people’s back up. You couldn’t care one bit that by posting an honest and detailed description the seller will now lose lots of money. By NOT doing this you ripped someone off. Take it back, relist with a more accurate description and everything’s fair - do you not agree?
I think that's very fair indeed

It would be interesting what the previous seller paid for it and how it was described to him
The best thing to do with that game is get it playing probably and enjoy it
One of the reasons I walked away from it was it’s never going to make a nice pin whatsoever amount of money you spent on it
People keep pushing the boundaries on price all the time I have a very nice Wh20 that I will be selling next year now I have just seen the other one sell for £4500 it’s just gone up £500 saying the Beowulf has a fully restored one that has had little interest
because he`s sold it already 😉

Oh how times have changed back in the day I would do a 12hr round trip to view a pin in the flesh and many times came away without it.
I once went to pick a RS up but it was a very misleading ad on eBay and nothing like how it was described.
Anyhow the guy offered me a really nice WH20 for £750 to save my journey but I was a big lawyer fan at the time and asked if he’d knock £150 off the RS and Id take it anyway.
This he did and I regret to this day not because I disliked RS as I love that pin but more the fact WH20 is one of the very few pins I’ve never owned but since played and enjoyed.

In the past 30 years I’ve had litterally dozens of buyers collect pins from me, play my collections and even had a couple stay over the weekend to decide while sharing a few beers and even a nice meal made by the wife.
In fact a few of these maybe enjoyed the experience a little too much and back time and time again to unburden me of my over populated collection.
One thing I always show buyers who visit is my imaginary warranty line! This spans the width of my garage door and before they cross this line with there newly purchased toy I point out that they are crossing the point of no return and this line finalises the deal. In honesty though I’ve always tried to help when they new to the hobby and have a problem here and there it’s the done thing I guess.

Roll on to present day and it’s all too easy for us to just drop 6-8k in a bank account then martin rolls up and takes it.
I’m guilty of this too but touch wood always been happy with the outcome due to the great community we have going on here.

I’m glad everything got sorted in the end and hopefully we can move on with some important lessons learned for both sides as this has been a small hiccup in an otherwise great forum for buying and selling pins that we should all be thankful for!
Just imagine trying to sort this kind of transaction with an eBay seller they just put you on ignore and leave you to pick up the pieces.

Happy you got sorted Taz and I dob my hat to you Jake for doing the right thing to resolve the matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom