What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Whitewater £4250

taz turbo

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris Tierney
Putting up my Whitewater, only just bought it but I don't think its for me, asking what I paid £4500, would consider trade for Spiderman or Medieval Madness (remake for preference), original advert below for a summary, a few points I will add below the original advert.

Now reduced to £4250

White Water - £4500

A really nice example and includes the following

The Good

New Ramps and other plastics

Blue powder coated legs

PinSound Plus – USB stick includes the original White Water and re-orchestrated sounds and music

PinSound Speakers and Subwoofer

Skull Mountain Mod with active LED eyes

Raft set, additional plastic Rafts on the ramps

New speaker panel

Colour Pin2DMD

New rear VUK bracket

New standup target for Bigfoot Hotfoot

Side Blades (see bad)

Topper also included, fully working and using LEDs that actually show the effect rather than blinding you.

The Bad

The Mine Exit damage has been painted and mylared, looking far better than the usual bare wood. Looks great but be prepared with the beating this area gets for it to eventually go back to bare wood.

Usual damage on the upper playfield VUK exit.

Still using batteries, but now on a new holder far away from the mainboard to cause any board damage.

Side blade damage from poor installation and subsequent catching by the playfield. Its not too bad but upsets my OCD.

Cabinet is pretty good, but usual age scuffs mainly on the back so unseen.

No playfield planking, but insignificant scuffs, nothing alarming, the usual for its age
IMG_20210909_112703.jpg
IMG_20210909_112842.jpg
IMG_20210909_112915.jpg
IMG_20210909_112927.jpg
IMG_20210909_112944.jpg
IMG_20210909_112948.jpg
IMG_20210909_112952.jpg
IMG_20210909_112958.jpg
IMG_20210909_113002.jpg
IMG_20210909_113021.jpg
IMG_20210909_113025.jpg
IMG_20210909_113031.jpg
IMG_20210909_113051.jpg
IMG_20210909_113056.jpg
IMG_20210909_113059.jpg
IMG_20210909_113110.jpg
IMG_20210909_113215.jpg
IMG_20210909_113224.jpg
IMG_20210909_113431.jpg
IMG_20210909_113443.jpg

So, I've only had it a couple of weeks, the points I would like to add for clarity as follows...

At sometime skill posts have been fitted, so there are extra flipper buttons near to the originals, the skill post system only works the RH post, LH and centre do nothing, see pictures...

I've replaced all the flipper bats so they now match, for some reason all the flipper mechs have been rebuilt at sometime with pre 1991 mechanics, I have rebuilt the upper flipper with the correct parts and I will rebuild the two lower flippers with the correct parts before it goes.

I've added ramp protectors behind the lite and lock targets.

Although it's got a remote battery holder fitted there appears to be some alkaline marks to the CPU board... see pictures

The knocker is missing, I will get this replaced before it goes.

It's had a lockdown bar fitted at some time, now removed and carriage bolts filling the holes.

The whirlpool lamp board is missing! I'm trying to source one, will also post a wanted ad. on here.

General playfield wear, noticeable around some of the inserts... see pictures.

thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (8).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

More pictures to follow...

Viewings welcomed and encouraged, happy to use Martin.

Chris.

Last edited:
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (11).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (13).jpg
thumbnail (14).jpg

Sorry about the blue hue to the pictures, my gamesroom lights seem to play havoc with my phone camera.

Chris.

Now reduced to £4250.

Offers / comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Chris.

You could always ask the seller to take it back as clearly not as described 'Really Nice' ; plenty missing / not stated that would influence a buying decision and price from the 'The Bad' part of the listing; or maybe a reasonable partial refund would be in order.

Perhaps take it to the Northern Lights 2021 show in Blackpool for the weekend and put a for sale sign on it; be good for the rest of the community to see it as well.
I'm sure they would appreciate the support of another table and you may find a trade in there also.

Wouldn’t normally comment on a sales post but as it says comments invited I will
First of all I would just like to say hats off to chris for being totally honest I have sold him things before and has always been a pleasure to deal with
I do think there has been a few group members stung with this Wh20 it first came to my attention some years ago at an auction in Liverpool I viewed it and could only describe it’s worth as scrap value my estimate £800 and I still would not have been too fussed at that I think it was bought by a group member for around £2500 it has been through several group members since then maybe they could comment but I would suspect no one has made any money on it as it has passed through people due to the time and part s needed just to get it playing
I don’t know the previous seller I think he is quite new to the hobby so hopefully just a bit wet behind the ears as per description but it does surprise me about no comment on the skill post holes in the playfield and the side of the cab also poor description of playfield where there is shocking wear on most inserts parts missing rotten cpu wrong flipper mechs and not the original topper so no waterfall effects taking pics with the game on hides any wear on the inserts
I have seen this a few times when people buy a lemon then just try to pass it on to the next person at least chris is being totally honest
Maybe chris and the previous seller can come to some arrangement but I expect the previous seller also over paid
We seem to be seeing this more and more as the prices go up and availability is less but it’s sad when a newbie buys his first pin clearly overpaid and when comes to sell it 3 months later is told it’s 1k over priced

You could always ask the seller to take it back as clearly not as described 'Really Nice' ; plenty missing / not stated that would influence a buying decision and price from the 'The Bad' part of the listing; or maybe a reasonable partial refund would be in order.

Perhaps take it to the Northern Lights 2021 show in Blackpool for the weekend and put a for sale sign on it; be good for the rest of the community to see it as well.
I'm sure they would appreciate the support of another table and you may find a trade in there also.

Hi Fenny,

Many thanks for your comments, regarding the seller taking it back I asked that question before I put it back up here for sale, his reply to my request was as follows…

‘Unfortunately I can't take it back, if you are not happy with it then I suggest you move it on as you will have no problems selling it. I standby that it's a good example, it's a vintage machine and good for its age based on what I've picked up in the past.’

This whole situation doesn’t sit to well with me, however there is no way I could ever try and sell it on without making people aware of the facts/issues.

So @jake52 an open question here, will you take this machine back?

Also for clarity about the seller I have previously bought another machine from the same seller and there were no issues whatsoever.

Regards,

Chris.

First of all I would just like to say hats off to chris for being totally honest I have sold him things before and has always been a pleasure to deal with

10 out of 10 for honesty. I was actually shocked when I saw the original advert vs Chris's pics.

I did view this in person and attended the auction. I walked out when it went over £1000 back in Oct 2019.

Need to drop the price a bit and hopefully find someone who can do a restro on it maybe?

Feel for the seller but guys we need to be slightly more cautious we are all guilty of firing off 2-3-4-6k vis bank transfer and relying on Martin to do the business, realistically that game might not be 4500 game but with a bit of love it would still be a whitewater all be it a players. Covid prices have seen lots of games raise in value many of which possibly don’t justify it. You can really only buy pinba on play field condition the rest can be salvaged but yes I do think the original seller was vague in the discription but what’s one mans thing isn’t necessarily another.

feel sorry for taz, asked him if he could send it back but as he has said that was refused, iv`e just sold mine today to a new member who travelled a fair distance to see it before he bought it, even though my pictures were similar to this thread ,my description was honest don`t think i could sleep at night if i had done this to a fellow pinhead

10 out of 10 for honesty. I was actually shocked when I saw the original advert vs Chris's pics.

I did view this in person and attended the auction. I walked out when it went over £1000 back in Oct 2019.
How much do you think it’s worth now, out of interest?

In particular, does it actually work/play/switch on?

I’m asking because we have two pins and are short of cash. However, I’m also absolutely fascinated by vintage pinball machines and am having a great time (when I have the time) going on a restoration binge on our somewhat careworn FT, which we overpaid for as newbies (it does work perfectly… but it has lots of minor things that could be improved/fixed). I also LOVE WH20 - it has massive thematic appeal to an outdoors lover who has hiked the US national parks.

So, if the price dropped a *REALLY* long way - I might be prepared to take this on, including potentially sourcing a new playfield in due course and rewiring the whole thing.

I agree we should pickup machines ourselves when paying out this sort of money but the advert stated really nice example and the pictures didnt show all these problems almost look like they were taken that way to hide them? Nothing mentioned about the skillposts? I always thought skillpost machines were a bit cheaper too. I think the seller should do the right thing and offer a refund on this one .. hes confident it will sell easy 👍

Was a dirty sell for sure :( 100% not a really nice example, but with a new pf etc.. could become one? No pin should die :)

I’m not commenting on the condition of the machine but strange the seller appears to be keeping a low profile on this scenario.
Not even justifying or explaining his actions.

In all fairness we should work to get the original seller to take this back not for you to now get it at a bargain price and the current owner to loose out 🤦🏼‍♂️
I agree completely.

However, at some point, someone in the chain of previous victims… owners is going to be left with this machine…

It sounds, from the descriptions above, that it is, in fact, in a very bad way and needs extensive restoration (?). It would be a shame if that led to it being scrapped when there are people who would be happy to do the work to restore it.

perhaps photos in natural light would help too, people dont mind as long as they can seee what they have to do, i picked up a whitewater last summer and i love the game, as long as all the switches work and the game plays you can have hrs of fun, maybe we are all hung up on " condition" bit to much lets face it if cgi down remake a whitewater you won't get many opportunity's to buy one and even less in the next 5 years so dont loose to much heart or do the necessary and enjoy the game its one of pinballs finest EVER

Yeah in a perfect world original seller should refund then resell at 3k or what ever it’s a actually worth. But this is not a perfect world :( and someone is gonna get shafted here :(

Feel for the seller but guys we need to be slightly more cautious we are all guilty of firing off 2-3-4-6k vis bank transfer and relying on Martin to do the business, realistically that game might not be 4500 game but with a bit of love it would still be a whitewater all be it a players. Covid prices have seen lots of games raise in value many of which possibly don’t justify it. You can really only buy pinba on play field condition the rest can be salvaged but yes I do think the original seller was vague in the discription but what’s one mans thing isn’t necessarily another.

Although I agree with your comment that we as a community should/could be more cautious on sending large amounts of money to others on unseen items. Buying a machine on playfield condition, yes I agree, but here's the rub, the playfield was described as 'insignificant scuffs, nothing alarming' no this is clarified go back and take a look of the playfield pictures I posted, its absolutely knackered, showing wood in places.

The description wasn't vague it was misleading, it clearly said it was 'a really nice example', it isn't!

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom