What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete White Water shop - It has ended phew!!!!

Calm down Kev, and this rate it's going to be finished for Christmas.
forgot to ask daz don't suppose you get anywhere with the head yet for me have you ? Its just Im in sale on mon/tues next week possible

Cheers Kev

No I've been busy with work, sorry.
Will sort it as soon as for you buddy.

no probs Daz will be passing by frequently - no rush just thought I would check

Cheers Kev

Playfield pretty much finished now complete with new rafts and ready to come off rotisserie. Then just back board and brackets to fit etc and then complete. Next time to start on cabinet!! Don't suppose anyone has a spare bigfoot cave sign as this one has a huge hole in it ?

PB010610.JPG

Cheers Kev

And here it is - finished playfiled!!!! just need some new flipper bats and a spirit level and the job is done (must remember to put the rest of the LEDs in underneath though, and the apron back on!!)

One shot of the underside looking nice and shiny .....

PB020611.JPG

And one top side with the last mountain added!!!

PB020615.JPG

Onto the cab next a lot of work needed to get it ready for re-decaling !!

Cheers Kev

Damn, that looks better than a new one that came out the factory. Awesome job!

Damn, that looks better than a new one that came out the factory. Awesome job!
thanks matey!!! its only the 3rd one ive done but I find each time I shop one it gets more and more detailed to the point of being silly!!! lets see how the cab turns out cos that is a bit of a mess!!!

Well its been a while guys with winter and all that !!! but started a bit of work on the cab today. Here is the front panel before and after a serious sanding. So far this is just 80 & 120 grit - save the 240 finish until it has been filled and sanded again.

Before
P1240647.JPG

And after
P1240654.JPG

Cab bottom was horrid here is a shot half done
P1240650.JPG

And finished looking a lot sweeter !!!
P1240651.JPG

And a shot of cab all sanded ready to start filling tomorrow

P1240655.JPG

Tried sanding the inside bottom of the cab but a waste of time so think I might go for the overlayed mdf sheet fitted into the bottom unless anyone has any better ideas ?

Cheers Kev

Filled the cab today and as you can see it needed quite a bit !!!

P1250656.JPG

pinged off a knackered side rail from inside the cab and this is what was on the other side - which of you bright sparks can tell me which machine this chunk of ply came from ????

IMG_0087.JPG

could be? I don't know, but guess they must of cut cabs up that weren't perfect for side rails etc !!!!

Yes, that'a bit of Dr. Who woodwork. It was quite common in the Wpc era to find re-cycled bits of previous games inside the cabinet, and not always with the artwork concealed either.

Yes, that'a bit of Dr. Who woodwork. It was quite common in the Wpc era to find re-cycled bits of previous games inside the cabinet, and not always with the artwork concealed either.
cheers interesting stuff !

RIght guys needs some advice here - put the apron back on the playfield on WH20 tonight and notice something strange - the hangars don't line up with the holes on the apron so you have to bend it up to get them to align and I noticed from an original pic when I got it that it
was like this. I assume this cant be right?? do you get different size hangers for playfields as these would appear to big ?

See pics below

Original before I started work on it - you can see the gap between playfield and apron
P6200261.JPG

And tonight when I have put it back on just looks wrong to me ??
IMG_0089.JPG

Thanks in advance

Cheers Kev

Yes you can get different size hangers - i think there were a shorter and a longer set - cant remember which was which now - Are these the original ones you started with?

Yes you can get different size hangers - i think there were a shorter and a longer set - cant remember which was which now - Are these the original ones you started with?
yes Paul these are what was originally on, but it doesn't mean to say they are the correct ones.

Cheers Kev

Thats perfectly correct for a Wh20 the apron may look wrong but it's correct.
So, don't change the hangers.

Thats perfectly correct for a Wh20 the apron may look wrong but it's correct.
So, don't change the hangers.
really? looks weird and the fact you have to forcefully bend it to get the screws in !!!

Your right as ever @replicas managed to find someone else asking the question, but it seems a very odd bodge - any idea why they did it like that ?

but no one notice the schoolboy error in the last playfield pic ???? I have put the playfield supports on back to front DOH!!!!!

Lot more progress now - cab all sanded filled and re-sanded - painted and front decal on. Got a tiny wrinkle next to the coin door but luckily it will be hidden by it - phew!!!

also put sideboard decals on and they look quite nice!

P1310007.JPG

front decal on

P1310009.JPG

that's it for today its bloody freezing!!!!

Back
Top Bottom