What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which tumbler

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
i've been asked by my grandkids what i want for christmas. Well i quite fancy a tumbler so what do i tell them to get me. Thanks Ken

I've got a Lyman Turbo 1200 and its been rock solid. Cant fault it

Remember, you get what you pay for... same with anything I know, but tools are always worth the investment imho.

Tim

Having used both, the Lyman and the berry....I have to agree with daz. Not much in the tumbling efficiency..but the big difference is dust. The Lyman spreads it everywhere if you do not cover it! The berry does not. Also we find the berry a bit quieter..not a lot but if you are working next to these things when they are on they drive you crazy!Cannot comment on the one chris uses as I have never even seen one!! Hope this helps a bit.

Does this mean that I am getting old as I quite fancy a tumbler and I've got nothing to go in it!

SMARTRELOADER Complete Kit for Cleaning and Polishing your Brass Cases and Metal Parts, with the SR787 Dream Tumbler, Media Separator, Bucket to Collect the Media, 1 Bag (4.4lbs) of Media to Clean and 1 (4.4lbs) Bag of Media to Polish https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0743Q6413/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XMVhAb8FW053F

I just got this one off amazon. Came with a sieve, bucket and two bags of media. Seems well made, quiet and works a treat. Had a Euro plug so chopped that off and put a UK one on. My first so no benchmark but reckoned £70 delivered, for all that, was a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMARTRELOADER Complete Kit for Cleaning and Polishing your Brass Cases and Metal Parts, with the SR787 Dream Tumbler, Media Separator, Bucket to Collect the Media, 1 Bag (4.4lbs) of Media to Clean and 1 (4.4lbs) Bag of Media to Polish https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0743Q6413/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XMVhAb8FW053F

I just got this one off amazon. Came with a sieve, bucket and two bags of media. Seems well made, quiet and works a treat. Had a Euro plug so chopped that off and put a UK one on. My first so no benchmark but reckoned £70 delivered, for all that, was a good price.

Looks like a fake Lyman

Does this mean i'm getting old? I am old!!! I never know what i want from them as at my age as i got everything i need.
The problem is if i don't come up with something myself, they club together and get me something i don't want.
EG. Last christmas was a ride and a meal on a steam train plus a meerkat experience.
I did the steam train bit when i was in short trousers and as it was a wet day the meerkats had more sense than me
as they were all snuggled up underground and i never saw one of the damn things.

I’m not sure who the mods are, but I have been thinking a forum section for discussing/reviewing/rating tools and other products could be worthwhile... perhaps it’s just me?[emoji848]

I’m not sure who the mods are, but I have been thinking a forum section for discussing/reviewing/rating tools and other products could be worthwhile... perhaps it’s just me?[emoji848]

That's sounds to me like a really useful idea....as most of the products commonly used are all commented on but all over the place....great suggestion. I think @Paul has made that suggestion a few times but it has fallen on deaf ears!?.......:):thumbs:

That's sounds to me like a really useful idea....as most of the products commonly used are all commented on but all over the place....great suggestion. I think @Paul has made that suggestion a few times but it has fallen on deaf ears!?.......:):thumbs:[/QUOTE]

I don’t want to hijack this thread so I won’t elaborate, but I’ve found some really cool new tools for various tasks - from gold plating wireforms to riveting ramps. Would be good to have somewhere to share. I’ll post something and maybe it’ll get pinned. Maybe it won’t.

Did see that and probably closest but
asking questions about tools, mentioning new ones seen but not tried, comparing brands etc maybe not a specific review...

What media do people use? I had been using this stuff, but just ran out:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Frankford-...8&qid=1512571379&sr=1-1&keywords=walnut+media

Some people throw a metal polishing liquid in the mix.
I throw in a bit of silvo or brasso.

Some people throw a metal polishing liquid in the mix.
I throw in a bit of silvo or brasso.
Never had good results with Brasso but was always a bit reluctant to put too much in as it can be a bit aggressive. I stick to Autosol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom