What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats Everyone Watching?

Now on Last of us with Gabe as mum hates zombie stuff.
I have got to say although the genre has been done to death (pun intended) the show is absolutely fantastic and has got better each episode. By far this my fav zombie outing yet and more so as I played the game twice through on PS4 then again the remake on PS5
Eps 4 Tomorrow night when mum is at one of her crazy ass gym sessions.

Listen up Stern please remake a Vault TWD with last of us assets and if not then a TellTale comic version.

Love Shane Meadows work , though found TIE 3 just too dark tbh.
Highly recommend his films A Room For Romeo Brass and Dead Mans Shoes if you haven’t seen them .
I really enjoyed This Is England as well. It’s great. But yeah I remember one of the series being really dark and hard hitting.

Now on Last of us with Gabe as mum hates zombie stuff.
I have got to say although the genre has been done to death (pun intended) the show is absolutely fantastic and has got better each episode. By far this my fav zombie outing yet and more so as I played the game twice through on PS4 then again the remake on PS5
Eps 4 Tomorrow night when mum is at one of her crazy ass gym sessions.

Listen up Stern please remake a Vault TWD with last of us assets and if not then a TellTale comic version.
TWD series in the end was just awful. Some of the new characters introduced were so unlikable. But I continued to watching as I felt I had already invested 10 years of my life watching it, I might as well see it through to the end 🤔.
I still enjoy watching Fear The Walking Dead though.

The Last Of Us on the other hand is excellent imo and has completely revitalised the whole zombie show concept. Love my Monday nights now 👍🏻

Last edited:
I gave up on TWD around season 8, keep trying to get back into it but just can't get interested, maybe I'll try again sometime. What I did watch was both brilliant and awful in equal doses, shame really, but I think the problem is constantly changing the writers and killing off most of the best characters.

The Last of Us is way superior so far, somehow knowing what's going to happen is not detracting at all. Haven't seen episode 4 yet but 3 was very moving with lots of extra stuff not in the game.

Watched Chernobyl last week, same creator as Last of Us, would highly recommend that, only 5 episodes but definitely a piece of history everyone should know the full facts about (if that's possible with the Russkies trying to lie about everything as usual).

Also watched recently Alice in Borderland, recommended if you liked Squid Game, didn't realise until after watching that Alice was actually made before SG, well season 1 anyway.

Also 1899, if you like head scratchers, confusing like Dark but not quite as good so far, maybe it will get better in season 2 with more answers.

Also 1899, if you like head scratchers, confusing like Dark but not quite as good so far, maybe it will get better in season 2 with more answers.
I watched most of that on recent flights then finished it off at home. Very intriguing initially but sadly it gets a bit crap last few episodes.

The last I heard they've cancelled season 2 unfortunately, I liked it.

I just binged watched House, it was OK
I tried watching Jack Ryan, but John Krasinski seemed like a weird choice, I gave up on the third season
I am trying to watch Better Call Saul, I liked Breaking Bad, but this show is not doing it for me
Its a bit like Matt Damon when he did his first Bourne film. Not the immediate first choice for many but it works brilliantly - give John a chance. He's also a badass in 13 Hours, a great true story military film you can find on Netflix.

I was unsure about Happy Valley but it's fantastic.

We also recently discovered Strike - a BBC PI series. Whats good (apart from the programme itself) is each season is only 2-3 episodes so its a good one for the time starved.

I'm also watching Miami Vice, up to season 4 now and another vote for both Reacher and Jack Ryan here.

Just finished season 3 of City on a Hill with Kevin Bacon.
Cracking series

If you've never watched Banshee, seek it out - It's absolutely epic and the cinematography is stunning.
Banshee is excellent and extremely violent. If anyone is interested here's a taste. Took me a while to realise it's Homelander from The Boys

Just been watching “the last of us”. Thought the episode with the two guys who found love due to the apocalypse was well done. Couldn’t quite unsee the actor’s earlier role in Parks & Recreation though. 😂

Been enjoying Brassic for a bit of light relief. Surprisingly strong soundtrack used throughout.

Although late to it, I watched all 3 series of Happy Valley over the last couple of weeks. Really enjoyed it all.

Quite enjoying Clarksons Farm 2 at the moment (Amazon Prime).

Recent films that I've liked (Netflix):
The War Below
The Swimmers
13 Hours
Bank of Dave

Also, although opinion seems to be a bit divided, I thought Daniel Craig in Knives Out, and the second film, The Glass Onion were both a fun watch.

Finally, Warrior Nun (Netflix) was an ok series for something a bit different.

Can highly recommend 'Mr Inbetween' (Disney+). Delicious dark humour about a hit man and his work/life balance :D
Not new, but it's not well known and it's an absolute masterpiece

Just gone through The Gold (Brinks Mat Heathrow) on iPlayer. Absolutely brilliant cast especially Sean Harris.

Back
Top Bottom