What's new

Expired What you got for +/- 6k

Expired Due to no activity
TMNT is the pinball equivalent of TMNT3: Turtles in Time.

It CAN'T be that bad surely?! I would rather like one I think

Interesting Ghostbusters has gained popularity, dreadful game (imo, your mileage may vary etc). Struggled to shift mine for 5k not that far back.

It CAN'T be that bad surely?! I would rather like one I think

Interesting Ghostbusters has gained popularity, dreadful game (imo, your mileage may vary etc). Struggled to shift mine for 5k not that far back.
Honestly, I love my TMNT. I don’t think it’s the best game as I like quite deep rules and the rules are pretty simple but it’s the game I play when I just want to have fun.

I think it’s got an unfair reputation for being brutal, there must be some versions that play a lot harder than mine, maybe they need some ball guides adjusting or something. I just got a SThs and adjusted the ball guides from the orbits and it makes it much nicer to play imo.

I don’t think it’s as brutal as people think if you put more than a few games in a row on it. The code makes it easy to progress, you only have to start an episode, not complete it to get to Final Battle, if you drain or run out of time that episode is done, you don’t have to redo it. The 2 multiballs are started at shots you have to shoot to start episodes anyway. All this means if you can learn to shoot 3 shots consistently (left ramp, right ramp, episode start shot) you’re going to progress well, you can then learn the other shots to make it more interesting and do better in episodes. The stand ups are one target which makes those easy. It can have great flow too once you’ve learnt the shots.

The music, clips, quotes and art are fantastic.

TMNT isn’t the game I’d keep if I could only have 1 game, I’d have something with more depth but it just makes me smile more than any other game.

Honestly, I love my TMNT. I don’t think it’s the best game as I like quite deep rules and the rules are pretty simple but it’s the game I play when I just want to have fun.

I think it’s got an unfair reputation for being brutal, there must be some versions that play a lot harder than mine, maybe they need some ball guides adjusting or something. I just got a SThs and adjusted the ball guides from the orbits and it makes it much nicer to play imo.

I don’t think it’s as brutal as people think if you put more than a few games in a row on it. The code makes it easy to progress, you only have to start an episode, not complete it to get to Final Battle, if you drain or run out of time that episode is done, you don’t have to redo it. The 2 multiballs are started at shots you have to shoot to start episodes anyway. All this means if you can learn to shoot 3 shots consistently (left ramp, right ramp, episode start shot) you’re going to progress well, you can then learn the other shots to make it more interesting and do better in episodes. The stand ups are one target which makes those easy. It can have great flow too once you’ve learnt the shots.

The music, clips, quotes and art are fantastic.

TMNT isn’t the game I’d keep if I could only have 1 game, I’d have something with more depth but it just makes me smile more than any other game.
Oh and if you still think it’s too hard there’s always co-op mode!

How do you feel about GotG? You could probably get a pro for around 6k I think? And fairly easy to move on when you’re done with it, less of a marmite game.

It’s always been horses for courses, right? I love GB. It’s a keeper. An amazing package that incorporates modes, speech, music and art amazingly and I like the challenge of it. Once you’ve got it set how you like it it’s a ton of fun. Think that’s why the prices have gone up so much. It’s changed a hell of a lot since 2016.

I don’t care if it’s difficult, that’s the challenge. The theme though…. It’s my all time favourite and always will be. If I had ‘known’ about pinball back when it was released, I would have been all over a LE. I won’t be happy until I’ve got one. Or 2. Or 3.

I’ve had some cracking offers so far and some that I’d like to play before I pulled the trigger otherwise I would have already.

Keep them coming though. I’d rather buy off here from a trusted seller if I can.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom