What's new

What pin are you most likely to get next?

Nedreud

Registered
Whilst being utterly honest with yourself, your wife/husband/partner and bank manager, and forgetting all daydreams of a HUO ten-grand limited-edition gold-plated signed-by-the-designer Holy Grail machine, what pin are you realistically most likely to get next?

Due to my rapidly diminishing financial resources (thanks cat) there's a slim but still vague possibility I might be able to stretch for the Bally LOST WORLD that's currently listed on eBay. It's like the baby narrow-body brother of Paragon and they would look so good next to each other.

I've been saying for over 2 years that my next machine will be wh20. I'm gonna sit on the cash and when one comes along I'll strike while the irons hot!!!
2 years and 10 pins later. I don't have a wh20:(

I've got the breaking strain of a wet kitkat.

I fancy a Judge Dredd for some reason. Also a CFTBL - I'd love to know why it keeps kicking my ass whenever I play it at meets etc.

Congo. It was hard resisting that one on Yahoo/eBay recently, but too far to travel and the multiple warnings put me off.

Always on the lookout for the dead dog of a pin that
A is cheap to buy
B is costly to bring back to life

If i ever get funds together a GnR would go well with the ac/dc

Im after a Shadow or a Simpsons pinball party, Guns n Roses would be nice but seem to be mega bucks these days

Got to shift a few pins first though (never sold one before)

That was the slightly more modern version, escape from the lost world
EFTLW is cool too, but Bally's 1977 LOST WORLD is the one I want. You can see that the design is very Paragon-esque (art by Paul Faris who did Paragon too):

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_1476_1476f1.jpg

Paragon, just to compare with LW above:

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_1755_image_2.jpg

I like ESCAPE FROM THE LOST WORLD too. Has an upper flipper to shoot across bridge with no sides. Again, great art by Greg Freres, who also did my other pin, VECTOR, but also Fathom, EATPM, STTNG, SS, MM, RFM, etc. Unfortunately, it seems he was also responsible for HARDBODY:

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_789_789f1.jpg

Metallica tomorrow night:):):):):):)
Then Predator and MMr in the near future. Apart from that something on ebay that I can't resist. Can see a JD turning up here sometime soonish.

Hold on, **** it.....I'm really meant to be selling at the moment:confused::confused:

Hippy maths/logic to justify the buying. I've got an offset mortgage so if I "rent" a 2k pin buy buying it and selling it sometime in the future it costs about £6 a month more in interest. I can justfy that by simply not bothering with paying for a hair cut......

Slightly harder to justify the other 18 odd machines, but even 20 x 2k machines would only be £120 a month which is less than one meal out a month.

It all falls down a bit though if I never sell machines. I'd probably take a 2k hit on MMr if I decided to sell it on.:(

And admittedly the new kitchen/bathroom/neckless did help convince my wife about the "renting" idea

Can't think of anything I'm desperate for at the moment and I've got hold of enough new games recently to keep me happy for a while. If anything then I'd really like one of the new IM remakes or maybe a Metallica but I'd have to sell a couple to afford it :) Hmmmmmm anyone want to buy a SM? ;)

Whatever turns up for the right price.
Flintstones fit that bill so it's here tomorrow, then Predator unless something else temps before Pred lands.
Still no space so Flintstones will be loaned out.
Gotta get on with the extension.

I never know what's going to turn up. Last year was very quiet on the buying front, sometime in 2012 I broke the streak of 22 months consecutively buying at least one pin. I've owned so many machines, it's ridiculous but the buying never ends, my list of games to own is very short now so I tend to buy the new ones to try them out although I have zilch space right now.

I've now owned most of the games that I have wanted to have in my collection, but I'm now thinking about getting a Stern Star Trek Pro.

Soooo tempted at getting one of the ST LE's up for sale at the moment! :)

Jurassic Park and Dirty Harry. Been on my wanted list for a silly amount of time now but other games always seem to get in the way.

Yes. But it is chained to your shack floor. I have officially given up trying to make you sell it to me. :(;)

Yeah .... unfortunately (for you) its not top of the list to go. That being said something has to give soon , in a major way, so you never know. You will have first dibs if it comes to it and you are still after one. Awesome game :cool:

Back
Top Bottom