What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ever happened to Heighway Pinball.....

Yep. Don't think its on a par with JJP, who is the only real comparison at this time. But given its £2000 cheaper that's understandable. I hope it takes off for Andy, time to get back to the old days of unlicensed themes like TOM, MM, AFM, CV, CC, TOTAN, WH2O etc
All of the above unlicensed pinball machines are also the best.
What does that tell you.

Machine looks great, I just don't get why it's the same price as a new stern pro which comes with all the import duties/ shipping from the US built in. For once something is being built in the UK ( well done Andy, and thanks for picking Wales :) ) but it's still the same price as something we know we pay way over the odds for. Would sell way better and steal sales from stern at £3999.

Built in the "uk" however costs more than the US??!!! I'm a BIG supporter of Andy, however it;s another classic "rip off britian" Subsiditing the USA, where they can buy machines cheaper.

May as well just not bother in South wales and manufacture them in the USA....

Firstly, congrats to Andy for getting this far, it's a great achievement.:clap:

The price thing is strange though as it does mean UK customers are subsidising American sales. Don't think it would stop me buying a machine if I liked the theme but it's got to wind up those who are interested in buying it.

Looking forward to playing it at Daventry and hope it's a real success

Built in the "uk" however costs more than the US??!!! I'm a BIG supporter of Andy, however it;s another classic "rip off britian" Subsiditing the USA, where they can buy machines cheaper.

Ridiculous but true as if these were made in the USA they would still be the same rrp as a new Stern as wouldn't be able to sell for more even though taxes and shipping would have to be included in that price!!

Looks a lot more polished than the last time I saw it. Has a much more professional look to it now. I can see theres some No Fear influences here and there too. ;)

But all the parts aren't manufactured in the UK and VAT HAS to be added.

If his cost price is £3200 he still has to add 20% on no matter what and profit as well, plus his base cost is going to be high for the first few games due to R&D costs. Any parts he buys are still subject to the same VAT, just because a single leg for example costs him £6, it still has to be sold for £7.20 as part of the machine.

Hopefully more will go into later games or licensed games wont cost more?

Perhaps Andy could one day be in the position to offer us faithful UK lot a group buy on a future title? Who knows?

I sure hope him all the success in the world but I still think the back box needs a shroud that closely mimics the dimensions of a 'normal' size backbox.

Pretty cool!
the moving figure doesnt bring anything to the game tho IMO.
He'd be just as good not moving.
I cant see in the video but is he going to move in a jerky kind of way?
Is he just respond to rollovers or some other sort of smoother tracking?

Impressive playfield. Shape of the backbox a small negative for me, but overall looks great. Would be interested if the price was closer to £4k in the UK. Dividing the US price of $6,000 by 1.7 (current spot Dollar rate) and adding on VAT works out at £4,235.

I think there's a sound business approach to selling them cheaper in the US. The simple fact is, there are more customers to sell to. Makes sense to drop the price a little for a larger market, no?

Still does suck a little that we have to pay more but its probably best to see how it all plays out before we all go bananas:

Thanks for posting the video Andy.

We're all behind you on Pinball Info and are looking forward to seeing and playing your machine at the Pinball Party.

Thanks for posting the video Andy.

We're all behind you on Pinball Info

Amen to that. there were over 75 replies in the 'thread' on the yahoo group yesterday about Heighway Pinball, the majority of them moaning about something or other. when i read something like that it reminds me of my mother-in-law: she could look at a happy child dancing in a field eating an ice cream, and all she'd say would be 'he should be wearing shoes' or 'that ice cream will drip everywhere' or 'looks like rain' or 'this is too expensive'. FFS. some people just sap the energy out of me, i can't deal with all that pessimism. i'm stoked for you 'following your star' as Mike K put it so well.

gif snow white smokin bong.gif

I think the only moaning was about the price. But, comments and suggestions should be taken on board and perhaps used to tweak the final product.

Based on there being machine(s) at the party, if i was @Heighway Pinball i would have a suggestions/comments box next to the machine for people to post their opinions/tweaks/etc..

My moans are only about price, machine looks great. We'll just have to see how well it sells in the UK, or not.

I think the only moaning was about the price. But, comments and suggestions should be taken on board and perhaps used to tweak the final product.

Based on there being machine(s) at the party, if i was @Heighway Pinball i would have a suggestions/comments box next to the machine for people to post their opinions/tweaks/etc..
Good idea.

Dan given that you and your mother-in-law speak different languages, how certain are you that the moaning is about the weather etc? Ever get the feeling that it might just be more a general moan all the time about why her daughter couldn't have married better?;)

I think we're all behind Andy as he's achieved far more than most of us thought he ever would and it's fantastic that he's bringing a viable product to the market.

Is it fair to criticise? Actually I think it is given that it's a commercial product that is priced accordingly. I really want Andy to succeed and build loads of machines. The theme of this one doesn't do it for me but if it plays well I'd be a potential sale for a future theme if it ticks the boxes for me. If he was building a limited run of 20 machines then people should shut up and support him but with a full production run it takes it into a different league.

If you look at the initial backglass it was pretty bad. Feedback wasn't good about it and Andy and his team have now changed it which hopefully will result in more sales for them.

I think any drip feeding of information opens up a company to nit-picking. Take a look on pinside with the moans about MMr not having a coin mech or the colour choices for the trim. None of this would have been an issue if it had been delivered the same way as Stern ie - here's our new product.

It's going to be impossible to build a product that pleases everyone but if he can deliver a product that pleases 2000+ people then hopefully he'll be successful.

Andy's efforts will mean there's another machine out there, hopefully more machines sited in the UK and more people in the UK now have jobs - all of this can only be a good thing.

Looking forward to playing it.:clap:

Andy is treating water in shark infested seas at the moment and pricing the gaMe must be one of the many tough decisions he has had to make.
Let's see and play the game at the Pinball Party then let's talk money.
Most of the people moaning about the price and how it's going to be cheaper to buy from the States and ship it back won't even have any intention of ever buying a new in box machine.
I for one am looking forward to playing Full Throttle at this year's PBP.

Most of the people moaning about the price and how it's going to be cheaper to buy from the States and ship it back won't even have any intention of ever buying a new in box machine..

Truer words have never been spoken.

If a game strikes a chord with you in a way in which you can't live without it. The price wouldn't be such a huge consideration anymore.

I can't afford NIB pins at all really but could probably push the boat out if my desire levels rose high enough.

My moans are only about price, machine looks great. We'll just have to see how well it sells in the UK, or not.

Exactly the same here - and the price differential between here and the USA - Despite the fact that i understand totally why it has to be that way - that's it really... The game looks great :D Nice work Andy and the team in South Wales :D

Great trailer, can't wait 'til the end of August now..It's hard to believe it's nearly a year since the last time I played it at Daventry. Sure has changed a bit since last year.1157514_10151366100402609_456549029_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks so much more professional and polished now. I was a bit 'meh' about the theme originally but it's slowly winning me over.

Kudos to Andy for trying to pull this all together - from what i've read it's clear that it's no small challenge. It's still my dream to own a NIB one day and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with this one based on what i've seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom