What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ever happened to Heighway Pinball.....

Unsure, has been very quiet recently. Last I heard a friend wrote to him asking if he was going to be at a games show in London (I believe Stern had a stand there) and he told him that he was still making tweaks to the game, as he didn't want it to go on display until it was fully ready. The facebook page has a lot of posts from around a month ago of them taking new manufacturing equipment in, so I would be surprised if he had jacked it in. Pretty sure he is busy planning the UK Pinball Party 2014 at the moment as well!

I spoke to Andy a few weeks ago, and he told me that everything is still moving in the right direction, and he hopes to start production in the late summer, a few games at first then a few more. He said he would come on here and tell people what's going on, but he also doesn't want to over promise and then under deliver.
I think it's turning out to be a bigger job than he first thought. And maybe he's not convinced that people want him to succeed.

It's a pretty impressive (and no doubt expensive) effort to go to, setting up a business can be hard enough without the complicated manufacturing process on top. I personally hope it works out. How cool would it be to have a UK pin manufacturer (of any size)?

I spoke to Andy a few weeks ago, and he told me that everything is still moving in the right direction, and he hopes to start production in the late summer, a few games at first then a few more. He said he would come on here and tell people what's going on, but he also doesn't want to over promise and then under deliver.
I think it's turning out to be a bigger job than he first thought. And maybe he's not convinced that people want him to succeed.

I don't see why anyone wouldn't want him to succeed, I am rooting for him all the way. It would be fantastic to have a local manufacturer putting games out for everyone to enjoy. I can see why he wouldn't want to over promise, putting games together takes a hell of a lot of technical skill and I can see him not wanting to make commitments he can't keep.

Agreed, I want to see him succeed as well. Full Throttle is not my thing, but that's just just me and what I want from a pin. Definitely hope he makes a big success of it!

There's 4 Full Throttle's on the machine list for UK Pinball Party so that's a good sign.

as he didn't want it to go on display until it was fully ready.
Probably due to all the grief we gave him on here previously (or was it constructive criticism), hopefully he is still making steady progress, it is an almighty challenge and good luck to him.

Probably due to all the grief we gave him on here previously (or was it constructive criticism), hopefully he is still making steady progress, it is an almighty challenge and good luck to him.

he gets far more grief on the yahoo group than here, but i bet when he does pop up here and has a read, he'd certainly love to hear some positivity and best wishes from the pinballinfo crowd. i think what he's doing is really ballsy and a secret dream of many of us, and i will be proudly crowing that i know him when he does start shipping games.

@Andy Heighway

Yeah, good luck to him.

I remember us all sitting in the restaurant after the Irish open in 09 talking about Andy organising the UK Pinball party whcih we all secretly thought would never happen, now in its fifth year and going strong.

If the amount of effort and commitment Andy puts in are anything to go by I would say its a certain smash hit.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your positive replies.

Yes things have been very quiet from us recently - but with good reason.

Part 1 of a 2-part Pinball News update on what we have been up to, is going out on Pinball News tonight.

I will keep checking this thread if anybody has any questions for me after the article has gone live.

Thanks,

Andy

Wow! I just read the news update, and it is amazing to see you have a full production line pinball factory setup in the UK! :thumbs:

Interesting to hear that you are trying to make alot of parts in house too! Very exciting stuff

Yeah that was a surprise!

But what's in those boxes??? Look a bit on the small side to be a standard pin:hmm:

nice one Andy - so, five other games in development? good for you, dude.
the mystery biker looks a bit like Barry Sheene in his prime

barry-sheene.jpg

so you said you'd be answering questions in this thread, i have one for you: when you do Circe, will you please reinstate the two left feet?

gif marty feldman.gif

Last edited:
That new artwork is literally 100 x better. If the rest of the playfield is that good your sales will shoot up. Congrats

Dan ... The mystery biker is far meaner than Barry Sheene :)

As for the 2 left feet? Good question. Maybe we could mix production up a bit, and randomly have a few games out there where she keeps her 2 left feet...

Jonathan - thanks. We are very proud of the new backglass art in particular, and hope you will like it too

Mystery biker : Dennis Nordman?

Looking forward to the next reveal of the artwork. The little snippet looks very promising.

Just taken a look at the Pinball News update and I have to say I'm very impressed with what I've seen. The game looks nice and fast with lots of shots and the display in the playfield is terrific. Can't wait to play this at the UKPP. It seems vastly different from the previous version and the ramps appear to be very smooth indeed. Great job team Heighway.

Have to admit, it looks a LOT better now. Translite finally looks decent too!
It's all coming together nicely.

Yep. Don't think its on a par with JJP, who is the only real comparison at this time. But given its £2000 cheaper that's understandable. I hope it takes off for Andy, time to get back to the old days of unlicensed themes like TOM, MM, AFM, CV, CC, TOTAN, WH2O etc

Back
Top Bottom