What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ever happened to Heighway Pinball.....

The rider in the game looks like Max Biaggi to me, who was of course Valentino Rossi's arch rival.

Francisco Valentino as a name is too long, it doesn't roll off the tongue too well.

The theme is a bit strange, it looks to be based on road racing, which apart from their own domestic races, the Americans don't really get involved with on a global scale (Rossi and Biaggi are both Italian) and clearly HP are looking the sell lots there. But then in the game there's motocross and maybe others, which you also wouldn't do in a set of racing leathers.

Maybe it would have been better to theme it on the IoM TT directly, that probably has more legendary cred in the US, but I suppose that might also require a licence.

The Kawasaki green toy motorcycle looks out of place, its the wrong colour.

Im really looking forward the playing the pretty much finished game though, I love it that someone is putting their time and money into challenging the norm and coming up with some innovation.

Regarding the price, all economies are different so regional differences are to be expected, exchange rates are just the start of it, and the pound is getting stronger so that presents a challenge. But effectively admitting that UK buyers are subsidising others is an own goal IMHO.

Game on!

Last edited:
Who is the voice over on that video Andy? Sounds like an old TV celeb, but I can't remember his name

Edit: is it Nick Hancock?

PS, feel free to point fingers and mock me if its actually Andy, but I don't think it is? :rofl:

Last edited:
I agree fellas, I asked him the same after video 1. Believe it or not, it's that hairy weirdo Dave Sanders. He looks and acts weird but has a great voice

Im probably not going to be in line with what others feel here but..

The spinning bike wheels don't really make any real difference to the ball motion as they are too small and too slow. I would have tried to keep them as lift up to present better play.
To lose that feature just seems to have simplified the game too much. Any way of changing materials or brackets to keep the system more reliable?

The features that made this machine stand out were new and cutting edge. Now it seems to me like just another pin with normalised play.

Its great that you guys are doing this but in my humble opinion it needs to 'wow' to set you apart from the rest and demand the sales you will need from a UK manufacturer.

The screen in the PF is great but its not a playing enhancement for live ball action, After all thats what a pin is about? though Better to have it where you do then waste a screen like WOZ have. Who actually watches all of the big screen videos when playing?

This could be special and you have the time and capability to do it.

Last edited:
Andy mentioned over on pinside that the wheels are getting a better motor so will spin a lot quicker

We have new motors arriving next week that will be 4-5 times faster than the current ones

We are expecting the wheels to have a significant impact on the balls trajectory - once they are set up correctly

See chaps - THATS the manufacturer listening to the feedback from the players :) Nice one Andy :)

Hi everyone,

There were debates on here recently about pricing for Full Throttle - UK versus USA pricing.

This weekend sees the pre-launch of Full Throttle and we have a special offer for the weekend to anyone who pre-orders Full Throttle, and pays a deposit over the weekend.

£350 off a Standard Edition Full Throttle. Special Offer Price: £4,200 including VAT, + delivery (£750 deposit required)

£300 off a Limited Edition Full Throttle. Special Offer price: £5,300 including VAT, + delivery (£1,250 deposit required)

This special offer enables anybody who pre-orders to buy their games CHEAPER than the USA.

Payment methods available: Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard/Amercian Express), BACS wire transfer and Paypal.

Full details on our stand.

Thanks, and see a lot of you at the Party.

Andy

final uk pinball offer flyer.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - Just a thought here.... Is it some kind of co-incidence that the UKPP is being held the same weekend as the Moto-GP in Silverstone - around 20 miles south of Daventry???

I know next to nothing about bike racing,
I just assumed Francisco Valentino was a real person until a minute ago.
Even as a fake character I want to punch his face in!!!I'd never want that a-hole in my house.
The back box of the cab really doesn't do it for me.Looks a bit plasticy.
Anyway I wont ever be buying a new one so my opinion means zilch!

Back
Top Bottom