What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wh20 help please...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Reaching the finishing staged of the underside of Wh2o playfield.

Could someone do me a favour please and take a close-ups of each of the pop-bumper spoon/switch assembly's please (on the underside of the pf) and post on here?? or alternatively advise on the colours to each lug on each pop please? Just want to make sure i have the colours correct on the pops and i don't blow something up :)

Cheers
Paul

Out all day tomorrow but will tomorrow night unless someone beats me to it.

When will you be playing your first game on it Paul.
Its been a while.

Christmas got in the way. 3 or 4 things left on the underside, and then off to repopulate the top. That shouldn't take too long now.... :)

Taking my time to make sure i get things right (Plus having to rebuild most of the bottom half of the wiring didnt help..... :(

Last edited:
Bet you will be glad when you get finished.
Then there is just the matter of Addams to finish off.

Its never ending.

Could i ask another favor of someone please....

The Playfield hangers - the two pieces of metal that hold the playfield to the lockdown Assembly base... Could someone measure how "tall" the brackets are on wither Wh2o or TAF please? I seem to have two different lengths (so obviously i muddled them when sending to the platers...).... One set is addams - the other is Wh2o - Which one is which?!?!?!

hangers.jpg

Could i ask another favor of someone please....

The Playfield hangers - the two pieces of metal that hold the playfield to the lockdown Assembly base... Could someone measure how "tall" the brackets are on wither Wh2o or TAF please? I seem to have two different lengths (so obviously i muddled them when sending to the platers...).... One set is addams - the other is Wh2o - Which one is which?!?!?!

View attachment 4865
The TAF ones measure 57mm from inside the loop to bottom of bracket , hope this helps

I'm going to my white water in about 20 mins if you need to no anything else

Ok Many thanks to all my fellow Wh2o owners for their assistance, once last question for the moment....

The Subway ramp (Plastic channel under the Playfield). One end it goes into the Scoop, the other end it lies over the Whirlpool lights. Every single picture I have has a pic from above... The question i have is - What lives underneath the metal opto bracket at the end by the Whirlpool PCB?? There has to be something, since because of the height it would be hovering in the air with a screw through it....

Cheers chaps...

Paul

If you could take a pic side on that would be great - cheers :) I might get an idea of how it is held there then... lol

This??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
Oh - it's a white Standoff!!! Yes that's perfect Mr Dave Sir - Much appreciated.... Time to go sort through the box of bits and see what i can find lol...

Nope - found it in my box of bits for this machine. Picked an appropriate length screw, and it's fixed already :)

Just the EOS Switches to solder up (One wire has snapped somewhere in the loom and gone MIA - Will have to dig and repair now), and that will be the bottom side complete... then onto the topside, which hopefully should be a damn site easier :)

If you're planning on fitting cliffy protectors, do it whilst assembling as it's a real pain taking the upper playfield and ramps off again to fit afterwards. The upper playfield up-kicker landing spot protector especially, to avoid a divot in the wood over time.

If you're planning on fitting cliffy protectors, do it whilst assembling as it's a real pain taking the upper playfield and ramps off again to fit afterwards. The upper playfield up-kicker landing spot protector especially, to avoid a divot in the wood over time.
Top tip.

After some advise from those that have done this before if I could please....

Metal Wire Ball guides - What's the best way to get these into a new playfield?? Hammer??

Also - T-nuts - Best way to Embed them into a new playfield?? I'm guessing same as above??

Cheers

Wire ball Guides: Gently tap in with a small hammer, keeping it level as you go. Protect wire guide with a small flat piece of wood or use a length of plastic tubing slit open to allow it to pop over the wire.

T-nuts: find a long bolt/screw with the same thread as the T-nut and a large washer. Put the washer on the bolt and pass this through the hole in the playfield opposite where you need the T-nut. Thread on the T-nut. tighten up bolt and it will pull the T-nut down into the playfield wood. Once it's seated remove bolt and so on.

Back
Top Bottom