What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNING : Arcade Hub Hull

This is terrible, I'm so sorry for any one who is trying to get there property back.
We are a fairly trusting bunch on the forum, sending large payments, loaning and borrowing very high value items. It's a cautionary reminder that unfortunately there are some unscrupulous people. There are great people but not all are to be trusted. Perhaps they are facing bankruptcy and are trying to keep afloat, thinking they can rebuy it back at a later date, that's no excuse, but a possible explanation.

Surely trying to sell a game you don’t own is a criminal offence?

Mind you it would be hard sometimes to get through to the police how things work on the pinball side of things…

So someone sold a game you own?
Er, yes
And how did they get it?
I, er, lent it to them. I loaded it up into a van and sent it their way.
And what is their name?
Well to be honest I’m not too sure. Possibly Dave. Actually it might have been John.
And how do you know him?
Well, through a forum. I think he was a mate of someone else on there.
And who is this someone else?
Errr, maybe he was also called Dave.
So are these machines cheap?
Err, not exactly. Maybe 5-10 grand on average.
And you said you just randomly lent it out?
Err, well I was running out of space and I didn’t want to sell it.
Ok, I see. And has anything similarly happened before?
Well, I sent 6 grand to a random bloke in America who lived in a trailer park but they promised to send me a Predator machine…
This litterally had me ****ing in my jammys in bed I almost didn’t make it to the toilet and the wife was saying WTF you been taking 🤪

This litterally had me ****ing in my jammys in bed I almost didn’t make it to the toilet and the wife was saying WTF you been taking 🤪

It does demonstrate how ridiculous this hobby is. We've all got thousands of pounds worth of kit at each others houses 😂

I should probably say that nobody called Dave has any of my machines but Jon does.

It does demonstrate how ridiculous this hobby is. We've all got thousands of pounds worth of kit at each others houses 😂

I should probably say that nobody called Dave has any of my machines but Jon does.
My TWD le, Wonka and DM are on loan to Scotty and Grayham should anyone have them offered cheap 😝 🤣

Mind you it would be hard sometimes to get through to the police how things work on the pinball side of things…

It's a weird world, but I love it.

Someone I've never met and don't know personally (a member on here) gave me an £8k machine that I was showing some casual interest in, then said pay me back when you can.
No loan shark tactics, was just genuinely cool with it.
I paid for it over about 5-6months after receiving it. I've since sold it, but that was a year or 2 later... Officer.

Quick question how come no one has called him out on Facebook yet?

Hardly vindictive you're just telling it how it is. I'm surprised the people who's machine's are in there haven't hired a van between them and pulled them?
Out of all the replies I'll use that one... reason I work 2 jobs as my partner isn't well can't work or drive atm (that's all I say about her as its not fair) he has also contacted me 2 times since about my machines. Oh and to add were also a guardian to a child who turned 10 today he moved in at around 7 months old. I do also have people offering to turn up with a van Hull isn't just around the corner from me. Also I'd like to say to Andy in no way should you ever feel any blame in anything as in other posts everyone is a nice person who can be and will be trusted. I certainly trust you and again thanks for your help. I've also have contact from a lot of people who do know me and thanks to them too. I will get my stuff back and this forum is great it's nothing against the forum either just a good place with good people. I don't blame anyone. And as Andy says when I get my stuff owed back I do also wish Lee the best of luck as we need more people getting into what is now called retro gaming.

Hope that clears up why I can't just turn up with a van and a load of people.
Also happy new year everyone :)

- Ben

That wasn't aimed directly at you Ben. I was just curious as to why given the fact that more people have machines there something hadn't be arranged.

Does he still have them there then if he's contacted you?

That wasn't aimed directly at you Ben. I was just curious as to why given the fact that more people have machines there something hadn't be arranged.

Does he still have them there then if he's contacted you?
Think there is only mine there now.
And yes slowly he is. Again with all of this I'm not a bad person and don't wish any ill will against anyone. Just want to organise my stuff moving on.

Thanks

- Ben

P.s. I'd also again like to thank the people that have contacted me whether by phone or message. It'll get sorted and hopefully soon :)

I couldn't find it when I last looked.

We were in contact with @Alpha1 - i believe there was going to be something put out there - not sure if it happened though!

The people owed stuff have all been in contact with the admins and we're dealing with it in a WhatsApp group with those affected on the arcade side.

I should add, one person has been refunded so far. Rest being dealt with and we're waiting to see the outcome.

Is it not worth putting something out to the wider population to make sure no one else lends stuff out and people are aware.

I’d be pretty annoyed if I’d lent something out through UKvac and then found out on here that this had been going on

Just a quick update to where everything is at... Thanks so much to @Andy B I'll let the pics of what he delivered here today do the talking... again please trust him he's an amazing bloke and should be trusted it's basically nothing to do with him but he has gone above and beyond.

Thanks again all for the support

- Ben

Attachments

• 20230304_171734.jpg
    20230304_171734.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230304_164129.jpg
    20230304_164129.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230304_171729.jpg
    20230304_171729.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 84