What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Walking Dead on Gumtree

Expired Due to no activity
Thomas, the crystal meth years - looks a bit zombish

index.jpg

That’s a great point Kenny, wouldn’t the credit transfer to the new owner in the same way any other credit agreement or HP does?

Credit doesn't transfer though! That's why you do HPI checks on cars etc to confirm clear of credit.

If a machine has been purchased on credit then it it is still owned by the company providing the credit - if you give money to someone who has financed a machine on credit and take the machine away then the finance company are still the owner (and can repossess it). You then end up with no machine and no money!

I don't ever buy things on finance so I may be wrong on this, but surely any finance on a pinball machine will be a personal loan tied to the person not the item?

I
I don't ever buy things on finance so I may be wrong on this, but surely any finance on a pinball machine will be a personal loan tied to the person not the item?
if you've taken out a personal loan and then chosen to spend that money on a pinball machine then yes, but if you've financed the purchase of a particular item via the vendor (as you might do for a 'big ticket' item such as a car or a pinball machine) then the provider of the finance will have rights to that assets. Hence the whole system of HPI checks you can use when buying a car to check that the asset you are buying is fully owned by the person you are giving the money to, not a financing company. No such system us in place for pinball.

Back
Top Bottom