What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress VIVA lost VECTOR

Thanks @stevebm1 that's very helpful. Are you up for the next round? I'm trying to trace the grey/brown wire on those Hi Score lamps (top right insert in your pic) back to A4 and A3. Tbh, clear photos of A4 J4-16 and A3 J3-14 would help.

i'll try and take some more pics after work tomorrow for you time permitting

I've had a look at the wire Grey/Brown-96 mystery again. I woke up thinking a feature lamp must be directly connected to either the Lamp or Aux Lamp PCB, when I looked closely and checked continuity indeed the Hi Score lamp is a similar Gray/Orange-97 wired through to A5 J2-23 as would be expected. So ignore the Hi Score lamp :rolleyes:.

I then traced the Grey/Brown-96 wire which enters the insert Aux loom and then straight out on another spur straight to the playfield. On the playfield I found it tapping with a resistor into the Orange/Blue Switch Strobe 5 line at the X target switch. See photo below - I don't understand what this is doing but interested if somebody can explain it.

1564044448701.png

I have also found pictures A4 J4-16 and A3 J3-14 showing a single wire attached (no loop) - so in summary I still need to know how to physically wire a Grey/Brown-9 wire from the 24 pin plug (A1J2-23) through to A4 J4-16 and A3 J3-14. If anybody is kind enough to help A1J2 is the white (not red) 24 pin plug that plugs into the taped aux loom shown below - I appreciate Vector is a mass of spaghetti, I'm living in the middle of it :D

This is exactly the sort of thing I should have sorted whilst 2 Vectors lived here:rolleyes:

1564046498821.png

if you can highlight what you need tracing i'll try and get some better pics for you

if you can highlight what you need tracing i'll try and get some better pics for you
Steve that's awesome, I'll PM you if that's ok to go through the detail

Big thanks to @stevebm1 for working this detail through with me. Turns out the wires join at a naughty 2 wire crimp at the back cab plug
1564206869065.png

Back
Top Bottom