What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest - Pinfest 2022 Competition

Not at all, I actually feel better as there's no shame in getting beaten by the 64th best player in the World 😅
I have no idea how this works but I’m pretty sure that rating number doesn’t relate to a world ranking… It seems to be the higher your “rating” the higher your “ranking” in the world.

In fact on closer inspection I think you got beat by the 4006th best player in the world 😂

Sorry not sorry 😜

Attachments

• 501C72FD-6522-410A-9E94-A2D7DB9B9BCC.png
    501C72FD-6522-410A-9E94-A2D7DB9B9BCC.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 19
Big shame the comp was only given 82% TGP. For IFPA not to treat the comp as a full event is a real pitty.

Tournament results are on this website.

IFPA submission has been made and accepted, will be live shortly - according to their email.

Aha, they have appeared now, thanks! :)

Why is it that 3 of the semi-finalists ranked 6th and one was 8th on IFPA? If anything I'd have thought it was based on points in the semi-final so the 3 players with 1 point would be joint 6th and the one with 0 points comes 8th (but that's not how it is)?

No, it's to do with the number of games played/hours of qualifying. I though this had been increased this year but no change in the TGP from last year.

The figures don't back that up.

Take a look at Peter's entries for the main comp. He came top on BJ, yet didn't qualify on that ticket due to the other 2 games not being good enough. He had other tickets with 2 top 5 games, but the third let him down.
He qualified for the Classics.

It's MUCH harder to put 3 'better than average' games together rather than a single great game.

(In no way am I putting down the Classics format. I love it as well, I just wish I had the time to enter)
Made my day.

Not only did I see the best phrase ever: "player of 'limited skill", but also that Peter came top on BJ.

Mate, I wish I'd recorded that 🤣.

My son beat me on every game in here yesterday so I'm not even the best player in my own house 🤣
Just watched the latest YT upload Kris, watched the whole thig all the way through. Fascinating. I'm not usually one for watching much gameplay videos but had to watch that all the way through. I'm not quite sure what the 'ticket' thing meant and the thought of entering a competition at an event is pretty intimidating, but this helped a lot. Cheers 👍

Just watched the latest YT upload Kris, watched the whole thig all the way through. Fascinating. I'm not usually one for watching much gameplay videos but had to watch that all the way through. I'm not quite sure what the 'ticket' thing meant and the thought of entering a competition at an event is pretty intimidating, but this helped a lot. Cheers 👍

Apologies mate, I should have described what a ticket is.

Basically you pay to enter the tournament and your ticket consists of three attempts on games of your choosing. If your first ticket doesn't go as planned you can pay again and re-enter with a fresh ticket.

At pinfest there was an offer of 4 entries (4 sets of three games) for £20.

As for it being intimidating . . . . I guess it is a bit but there are so many people trying to qualify on the Saturday that nobody is really paying attention. Go for it

Ahhhh cool. Got it. SImple really then. Cheers. Looked good fun. Great job with the videos mate 👍

Results are up there. Man, I knew that @Buddinblack guy was good, but according to the IFPA he's the 64th best RATED player in the world already...!!
Amazingly Yen @Jackpot , Alan Budd @Buddinblack is currently " RATED " 64th in the World after his first tournament , this is not an error and an extraordinary achievement . A player's " rating " is different from a player's "ranking " the latter of which is determined by your total number of WPPR's or World Pinball Player Ranking points, as per the cumulative value of your best 20 results in IFPA sanctioned tournaments within the previous 3 Years . A player's "rating" is determined by the quality of results vs. opponents that you have played in IFPA sanctioned tournament(s) with specific relation to your own ranking . Click on the link below and you will see @Buddinblack Alan Budd's name 64th in the World ratings ,on the same page as 4 time IFPA World Champion Daniele Acciari ,reigning World IFPA Open Champion Zach McCarthy, PAPA 19 World Pinball Champion Robert Gagno and multiple Pinball world Champion Cayle George https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/overall.php?s=r&t=100Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 22.44.40.png

Last edited:
I was a semi-finalist and it says I came 8th, I didn’t realise all the other semi-finalists got recorded 6th…. I won 1 of 3 games in my semi-final match against @RuyLopez . @Wayne J or @Wizcat can you explain or amend if it should be amended. (It’s not all about the points but… I’ll take all the points I can get!)

Thanks,

Luke

I was a semi-finalist and it says I came 8th, I didn’t realise all the other semi-finalists got recorded 6th…. I won 1 of 3 games in my semi-final match against @RuyLopez . @Wayne J or @Wizcat can you explain or amend if it should be amended. (It’s not all about the points but… I’ll take all the points I can get!)

Thanks,

Luke
Luke, I got your message and it has already been passed to the IFPA who have said they will sort it.

Amazingly Yen @Jackpot , Alan Budd @Buddinblack is currently " RATED " 64th in the World after his first tournament , this is not an error and an extraordinary achievement . A player's " rating " is different from a player's "ranking " the latter of which is determined by your total number of WPPR's or World Pinball Player Ranking points, as per the cumulative value of your best 20 results in IFPA sanctioned tournaments within the previous 3 Years . A player's "rating" is determined by the quality of results vs. opponents that you have played in IFPA sanctioned tournament(s) with specific relation to your own ranking . Click on the link below and you will see @Buddinblack Alan Budd's name 64th in the World ratings ,on the same page as 4 time IFPA World Champion Daniele Acciari ,reigning World IFPA Open Champion Zach McCarthy, PAPA 19 World Pinball Champion Robert Gagno and multiple Pinball world Champion Cayle George https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/overall.php?s=r&t=100View attachment 180399
Interesting, I had no idea how it worked. Thank you for explaining. Looks like I’m in pretty good company haha! 😂

Back
Top Bottom