What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest - Pinfest 2022 Competition

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
The competition will be an unlimited ticket entry format - as previously seen in the UK at Manchester Play Expo a couple of years ago, as well as previous PAPA comps, and many classic comps across Europe. It is a tried and tested format if somewhat unfamiliar in the UK.

For a single ticket entry you will play any 3 of 10 machines in the qualifying bank. Each score will be ranked against ALL other scores on that machine, the 3 scores totalled give your entry score. You can enter as many times as you wish, by buying additional ticket, but only your highest scoring entry will count.

The top 24 people will qualify for the finals, with the top 8 getting a bye through the first round.

The finals will be played best of 3 on the same machines used in qualifying (this is to encourage people already qualified to play the other games they are likely to encounter in the finals), until 4 players are left who will play a final consisting of 3 x 4 player games.
During the route through the finals, all games are pre selected and no players will play the same machine twice.

The initial registration and entry ticket is £10, with further additional tickets just £5.
As an initial bonus 4 tickets can be bought for £20. (effectively guaranteeing 12 games for £20)

All of the entry money will be returned as prize money using the following split (rounded to the nearest £5)

1st - 35%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%
6th - 5%
7th - 5%
8th - 5%

The prizes will be updated and displayed throughout the comp on a screen.

Full list of competition machines still yet to be decided.

I guess it's up to the winners what they do with the money. We're in tough financial times and I think it's unfair to put unnecessary pressure on people as to what we think they should spend their money on.

I tell you what, if I win, I'll donate the lot to charity.

Last edited:
Main Comp Machines
  1. Batman 66 - Gonzo
  2. Godzilla - Wayne Johns
  3. BlackJack - Telboy
  4. TMNT - Sven
  5. JP2 - Andy Foster
  6. Eight Ball - Telboy
  7. Hot Wells - Sven
  8. HS2 - Telboy
  9. Joker Poker - DAD
  10. LW3 - Dan
What version of blackjack will it be
and also eight ball, is it eight ball, deluxe or champ ?
thanks

What version of blackjack will it be
and also eight ball, is it eight ball, deluxe or champ ?
thanks
It's Eightball, not Deluxe or Champ?

I only know of one version of BlackJack?

Attachments

• 4b420674-559c-11e6-848c-4ca3666f8df2.jpg
    4b420674-559c-11e6-848c-4ca3666f8df2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 28
  • CometPinballEightBallLEDKitPlayfield_bc95359f-4291-4d06-899b-815c212af0aa.jpg
    CometPinballEightBallLEDKitPlayfield_bc95359f-4291-4d06-899b-815c212af0aa.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 27
Tim and I just chatting about scorbit support - if you want me to bring them let me know:

1. Batman 66 - Gonzo - Yes
  2. Godzilla - Wayne Johns - Yes
  3. BlackJack - Telboy - Yes
  4. TMNT - Sven - Yes
  5. JP2 - Andy Foster - Yes
  6. Eight Ball - Telboy - Yes
  7. Hot Wheels - Sven - No
  8. HS2 - Telboy - Yes (and I have external power supply I can use for this so no power issues)
  9. Joker Poker - DAD - no.
  10. LW3 - Dan - yes.

I'm assuming "Hot Wells" is a typo for Hot Wheels?

Neil.

Tim and I just chatting about scorbit support - if you want me to bring them let me know:

1. Batman 66 - Gonzo - Yes
  2. Godzilla - Wayne Johns - Yes
  3. BlackJack - Telboy - Yes
  4. TMNT - Sven - Yes
  5. JP2 - Andy Foster - Yes
  6. Eight Ball - Telboy - Yes
  7. Hot Wheels - Sven - No
  8. HS2 - Telboy - Yes (and I have external power supply I can use for this so no power issues)
  9. Joker Poker - DAD - no.
  10. LW3 - Dan - yes.

I'm assuming "Hot Wells" is a typo for Hot Wheels?

Neil.
That would be great, thanks @Neil McRae

HS2 removed and replaced with Fish Tales.

Just in case someone is practicing furiously on HS2 and they aren't keeping an eye on the thread.

Ok, so before Wayne shoots me down and of course it's entirely up to you and Paul and I also know that it all depends on what you have been offered to put in the bank, but........

3 classics? In the main bank, when there is a separate classic comp?

I know you always say Wayne in order to win, you should be able to win on all eras, but in this relatively short format with very little margin for error, that's pretty brutal. By the way I think that the 3 classics are great and definitely more controllable than some we have seen in the past. But there are more classics than DMD's, no alpha numeric games.

Obviously I will love it no matter what, but would be nice to see a Diner/Funhouse/F14/Grand Lizard/High Speed etc represented to cover the all eras, if possible.

No slight intended, just excited and interested in some healthy debate about what makes a good comp/bank of games

My newish to pinball and competitive play opinion thinks maybe one less classic and an extra DMD or alphanumeric. But I'm happy with Fishy too😁

Diner you say?😉🤣
What a great game!

3 classics? In the main bank, when there is a separate classic comp?

There will be 4/5 LCD Sterns in the foyer for a High score comp - should I remove the LCDs from the main comp as well? :)

In all seriousness, the comp is a standalone comp and covers a range of suppliers and eras, with machines based on what I have been offered which I am confident will last the weekend with continuous play (based on the people who have offered them and their reputation to me).

Hi Phil, is there going to be any sort of kids competition this year. My grandchild still talks proudly of winning a runner up award a few years ago.

Yes! I checked with Phil a while ago about me running a kids comp and he's ok'ed it.

I keep meaning to start a thread asking everyone to check what days most people are bringing kids so we can arrange for when more kids are there.

This post has spurred me into action so I'll start the thread now!

Yes! I checked with Phil a while ago about me running a kids comp and he's ok'ed it.

I keep meaning to start a thread asking everyone to check what days most people are bringing kids so we can arrange for when more kids are there.

This post has spurred me into action so I'll start the thread now!
We are also hoping to do a wee kids version of the NBA comp on the Sunday morning .

That would be great, thanks @Neil McRae
just one thing.

The latest Stern IC code stops scorbit working, so I'll bring them but if you want it to work I will need to downgrade to the previous version for it to work. Let me know if this is something you want to do.

1. Batman 66 - Gonzo - Needs code downgrade
  2. Godzilla - Wayne Johns Needs code downgrade
  3. BlackJack - Telboy -Bally?
  4. TMNT - Sven Needs code downgrade
  5. JP2 - Andy Foster Needs code downgrade
  6. Eight Ball - Telboy - yes
  7. Hot Weels - Sven - no
  8. Fish Tales - Matt Vince - Yes
  9. Joker Poker - DAD no
  10. LW3 - Dan Yes

Let me know...

Neil.

actually what I'm going to do is bring a new SD Card for each of those games fresh with the old code, When done you can put the original card back in.

Well you haven't asked permission to dick around with my game.
Common courtesy really but if you break it you buy it.
huh? well thats what I was asking here. if you don’t want to do it - it’s no sweat from my POV! 😂

And the only reason I know is by reading here. A pm maybe?
I think it's just a bit presumptuous to start messing with machines in this way.
As i trust Wayne I'll leave it up to him. How are you going to downgrade the node boards to match the old software if you're just swapping sd cards rather than doing a proper install? If tou downgrade how will the be re upgraded once the original sd card is inserted again?

Back
Top Bottom