What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2021 - August 27th, 28th & 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no bedrooms left on the Saturday night. Some left on Friday night.

The hotel allow 48 hours for cancellation so if you're a straggler, it may be worth checking to see if there is a reserve list.

Other than that, you're going to have to google B&B Daventry to see if you can get anything.

Bonjour Victor @chante-bise ,

Les règles ont changé. Vous n'avez plus besoin de vous isoler en arrivant au Royaume-Uni. On dirait que vous pouvez toujours venir à l'événement.

Philip

Bonjour Victor @chante-bise ,

Les règles ont changé. Vous n'avez plus besoin de vous isoler en arrivant au Royaume-Uni. On dirait que vous pouvez toujours venir à l'événement.

Philippe
MAGNIFIQUE
Je ne sais plus quoi dire a part MERCI BORIS et Big Phil
Je vais donc rappeler Holly
Mais par pitié, arrêtez de changer toutes les semaines vous allez me faire mourir d'une crise cardiaque
Je vais pouvoir jouer a l'Orbitor :excité:excité:excité:excité

Ma joie aura été de courte durée, je viens d'entendre a la télé Française que tous les Européens peuvent aller chez vous SAUF nous les Français , a cause du variant Beta/ sud africain
je vais continuer a prier
pour le moment j'ai encore ma chambre a Rugby et mon ticket du tunnel sous la manche

Odd request. Looking for ride share/car pool.
Live near Bromley, Kent. Wonder if anyone near (e.g. outter London Area or even inner London) planning day visit UKPinfest 2021 Saturday or Sunday?
Happy to contribute help cover fuel costs.

@chante-bise

Bonjour Victor. On dirait que vous pouvez visiter sans vous isoler maintenant !

Orbitor 1 sera poli et prêt juste pour vous !

"Good morning Victor. It looks like you can visit without isolating now! Orbitor 1 will be polished and ready just for you!"

Bonjour
Merci Big Phil d'avoir fait le nécessaire auprès du gouvernement Britannique Je n'y croyais plus, :rofl:
Prévoyez un gros stock de cidre 🍻🥂🍹je l'ai bien mérité
Le challenge du Week end sera d'inscrire mon nom sur Orbitor 🏆🥇
Serait il possible que je revienne en France avec Orbitor 💫en échange d'un gros paquet de livres Sterling ????
À bientôt :vague:
Vctor

As a newby to competitions, I've read this entire thread with all the discussions about TGP etc.. and think I've understood most of it, but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm, or correct my understanding, which is:

The competition will be held on 10 machines - which are listed on the first post of the Machine Donation Thread

Qualification
There is a fee to enter the competition, which is £?? (I assume this from mentions of Ben's overdraft)?
When you enter the competition, you get a card with space for recording 3 scores.
You go to the competition area, and play 3 games only, each game on a different one of the 10 competition machines.
After each game, you record your score and have it verified.
You then hand in your card and your scores are recorded.
If you are not happy with your scores, you don't need to hand it in which voids your entry.
You are free to enter as many times as you like, but you need to pay the entry fee for each time you enter.

After the qualification period has ended (sometime around Sunday lunch), the finalists are determined by the organisers via some clever pre-determined process.

Final (won't be relevant for me)!
The final then proceeds on the Sunday afternoon as a head to head knockout format using a variety of the competition machines.
The winner is the last player remaining after the knockout.
Players will be awarded world pinball points - these will be determined by their finishing position in the final, the TGP (Tournament Grading Percentage), and the rankings of ranked players taking part?

Classic Machines Competition
There will also be a competition played on a group of 6 older classic machines, also listed on the Machine Donation Thread.
This will be organised differently to the main competition.
How this will be organised doesn't appear to have been discussed on this thread, although I assume it will also involve an entry fee, some form of qualifying and a final?

Assuming the above to be broadly correct, and (I'm assuming like other newbies) never having played any of the machines currently listed for the competitions, are the machines reserved solely for the competition, or will there be any opportunity to have a go on them outside the competition to at least get an idea of the ruleset, or does one just need to get on YouTube for this, and/or enter the competition multiple times?

Finally, I just wanted to say thanks to the people organising this, and I'm really looking forward to the whole weekend. 👍🍻

We're sending 3 games down, going to put them on £1 to play, 3 games for £2, all the money collected will go to a charity nominated by NLP member recently affected by a stroke and that charity is www.speakwithit.org

I believe they will be in the bar area

As a newby to competitions, I've read this entire thread with all the discussions about TGP etc.. and think I've understood most of it, but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm, or correct my understanding, which is:

The competition will be held on 10 machines - which are listed on the first post of the Machine Donation Thread

Qualification
There is a fee to enter the competition, which is £?? (I assume this from mentions of Ben's overdraft)?
When you enter the competition, you get a card with space for recording 3 scores.
You go to the competition area, and play 3 games only, each game on a different one of the 10 competition machines.
After each game, you record your score and have it verified.
You then hand in your card and your scores are recorded.
If you are not happy with your scores, you don't need to hand it in which voids your entry.
You are free to enter as many times as you like, but you need to pay the entry fee for each time you enter.

After the qualification period has ended (sometime around Sunday lunch), the finalists are determined by the organisers via some clever pre-determined process.

Final (won't be relevant for me)!
The final then proceeds on the Sunday afternoon as a head to head knockout format using a variety of the competition machines.
The winner is the last player remaining after the knockout.
Players will be awarded world pinball points - these will be determined by their finishing position in the final, the TGP (Tournament Grading Percentage), and the rankings of ranked players taking part?

Classic Machines Competition
There will also be a competition played on a group of 6 older classic machines, also listed on the Machine Donation Thread.
This will be organised differently to the main competition.
How this will be organised doesn't appear to have been discussed on this thread, although I assume it will also involve an entry fee, some form of qualifying and a final?

Assuming the above to be broadly correct, and (I'm assuming like other newbies) never having played any of the machines currently listed for the competitions, are the machines reserved solely for the competition, or will there be any opportunity to have a go on them outside the competition to at least get an idea of the ruleset, or does one just need to get on YouTube for this, and/or enter the competition multiple times?

Finally, I just wanted to say thanks to the people organising this, and I'm really looking forward to the whole weekend. 👍🍻

Yup that's pretty much it C&C although the cards at some tournaments are on computers (not sure what will be here).

The key thing in card based format is that you need to have good scores on all three games. If you get a bad score then your other two scores become potentially less value, then you need to do a new card. I personally find this format very challenging.

Neil.

Yup that's pretty much it C&C although the cards at some tournaments are on computers (not sure what will be here).

The key thing in card based format is that you need to have good scores on all three games. If you get a bad score then your other two scores become potentially less value, then you need to do a new card. I personally find this format very challenging.

Neil.

Like the sort of score I got on Metallica the other week? Am really impressed with that came 2nd overall on that game on that week! See you later Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As all the machines are new to me, I think part of my problem will be not having the faintest idea what a good or bad score actually is!! 🙂

As all the machines are new to me, I think part of my problem will be not having the faintest idea what a good or bad score actually is!! 🙂

sometimes that can be an advantage - don't overlook that. as you aren't under pressure to try and do the strategy that pays...

Neil.

Reactions: C&C
We're sending 3 games down, going to put them on £1 to play, 3 games for £2, all the money collected will go to a charity nominated by NLP member recently affected by a stroke and that charity is www.speakwithit.org

I believe they will be in the bar area

Thanks for the support, Phil. I think they will make more money in the bar. Especially out of event hours.

Can you tell us what they are so I can announce them on the social feeds? Gain some attention.

@chante-bise

Orbitor 1 n'est pas à vendre, j'en ai peur. Une machine assez unique et bonne à montrer lors d'événements afin que les gens puissent en faire l'expérience.

"Orbitor 1 is not for sale I'm afraid. Quite a unique machine and good to show it off at events so people get to experience it."

Thanks for the support, Phil. I think they will make more money in the bar. Especially out of event hours.

Can you tell us what they are so I can announce them on the social feeds? Gain some attention.
Hi Phil not 100% sure yet but defo mando pro avengers premium
Tmnt pro and or mando premium all depends on if it’s here and how much space on the nlp van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom