What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2021 - August 27th, 28th & 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fantastic weekend and hats off to @Big Phil and all his staff for such an enjoyable event.

Also great to see some old friends and to make some new ones.

Pinball highlights for me were playing Cactus which has reaffirmed to me ‘I need’ to get the remake. Playing Tommy for the first time which I will also now look to purchase at some point. Personally loved being reunited with a few pins that were previously in my collection and they were still in top condition

I’ll look forward to watching Gonzo’s videos

Roll on next year…

I love to see people loving Road Show even when it's not my one😁
Maybe I should have made the most of the last 20minutes and played some games but it was so good to witness the best RS game of the weekend and at closing. Hope @DanLewell is happy with the new target and he doesn't put Ted in an office and gives him a bit of personal time😜
Great to meet you!

Everyone was so friendly! It really meant a lot to me😁
Great to meet you too. Its always awesome when someone is so passionate about a machine.

Sadly, I'm still not going to get Red home.

Graeme decided we were swapping machines for a bit, so he's got roadshow at his house and I've got his rfm.

Fantastic event, well organised (apart from the crap hotel but thats a discussion for a different time), great to see so many folks again. Best line up of the three UKPinfest's I've been at. Competitions were both great thanks to Arv, Wayne and Paul for running them! And Tim for the streaming!

Everyone who brought a game thank you.

Personal thanks to Phil and the huge gang of helpers and also @replicas for helping me get my gear in and out very much appreciated. Also thanks to Dave Dutton, AlanJ and Pinballmania Andy for helping me fix a weird issue on my Meteor.

Thanks to Andy Foster for bringing Banzai Run, great game thats rare to be able to play it and is hard to move than a grand piano.

To be honest though, if we had a bar and an empty room and it was just the people there it would have been as good. Just pinball fans shooting the **** about how FANTASTIC Led Zeppelin was :D :D

Also huge thanks to Matt, Mike, Mike, Stan, Diane, Clive and a few others from Flip Out for bringing so many games and putting in a huge effort! I wouldn’t have been able to bring anything without these guys!

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the best Pinfest yet and the bar was already incredibly high! Very professional organisation and execution of the whole event and each of the competitions, etc. Great to see so many friends and familiar faces. Huge thank you to Phil and everyone who gave up their time and tables to create such a great weekend. Pity that the hotel couldn't organise a p*** up in a hotel.

Cheers
Keith

My DOMINO organisation also pledged a pound for every game in the qualifying session which came to £812 - transferred this just now to NAS here in Surrey as some of you know I do a lot of fundraising and activities with.

f3bbd1b3b125cb159c03d33348ccb27b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see a show back on again after so long. Huge thanks to everyone involved - people setting up/breaking down, fixers, machine bringers, Phil and his team, comp organisers and everyone who paid to attend. It didn't seem too busy this year which is not a good thing for Phil - I told loads of people who are into pinball but not on here about it but not sure if they attended as I could only make Saturday night and Sunday and they were going to go on the Saturday if attending. Hopefully the event was at least close to breaking even.

I still think a bank holiday week-end in school holidays isn't the best way to achieve maximum attendance although I know consideration has previously been put into clashes with other pinball events.

Thank You all involved

Thanks to Big Phil and the team for all your hard work and effort organising Pinfest 2021 .For me ,it was one of the greatest Pinball shows the UK has ever seen , what a fantastic collection of machines ! Thanks to everyone who brought a machine to the venue , it's testament to the Power of the Uk Pinball community that an event like this can be put together between us . Was great to put faces to the names of people in the forum , I didn't know that @replicas was Daz 🤣 I only sussed that out this weekend that they weren't 2 different people , doh !Massive shout out to @Neil McRae for once again rocking the stall ball events & all you do for Uk pinball . Congratulations to Craig Pullen @roadshow16 for yet again showing up on the Sunday and winning The Pinfest main tournament , truly fantastic to witness , thanks to @strobey / Pinball live Tim for making all the effort to bring your streaming rigs , thanks to @Wayne J & Paul Garner @Wizcat for organising the main tournament,David Dutton for winning the Classics tournament & @Arv for running the Classics tournament so well . I only have one issue with Pinfest 2021 and that is .... It's all over too quickly !!!

Last edited:
Thanks to Big Phil and the team for all your hard work and effort organising Pinfest 2021 .For me ,it was one of the greatest Pinball shows the UK has ever seen , what a fantastic collection of machines ! Thanks to everyone who brought a machine to the venue , it's testament to the Power of the Uk Pinball community that an event like this can be put together between us . Was great to put faces to the names of people in the forum , I didn't know that @replicas was Daz [emoji1787] I only sussed that out this weekend that they weren't 2 different people , doh !Massive shout out to @Neil McRae for once again rocking the stall ball events & all you do for Uk pinball . Congratulations to Craig Pullen @roadshow16 for yet again showing up on the Sunday and winning The Pinfest main tournament , truly fantastic to witness , thanks to @strobey / Pinball live Tim for making all the effort to bring your streaming rigs , thanks to @Wayne J & Paul Garner @Wizcat for organising the main tournament,David Dutton for winning the Classics tournament & @Arv for running the Classics tournament so well . I only have one issue with Pinfest 2021 and that is .... It's all over too quickly !!!

Agree! Great event! Don’t forget there are plenty of local pinball events coming up…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say here... Massive thanks (even though sadly i missed out and i wasnt able to go this year!) to everyone as a community who helped out - put on tournaments, set up machines, Manned the doors, Set the power up, Kept machines running, Streamed the events, donated machines and of course those that went along and supported!!

Of course a massive thank you to @Big Phil who again stepped up and organised the whole thing for the 4th (3rd) year running !!!!

Will the main competition results be posted somewhere so all competitors can see where they stood? Stacy wants to know if she kicked my **** again - which I suspect she did [emoji3064]

Yeah, I just want to echo everything that's already been said.

Massive thanks to Phil and amazing team who have the worst job of the weekend. Staying on the door and not enjoying the machines!

It does show what am amazing community the pinball community is, to be able to put a show together of this scale just coming out of a pandemic is a feat everyone should be proud of. 👏

Thanks to all the staff, machine donators, comp organisers, streamers and friendly pinheads who made it an amazing weekend.

Bring on next year!!

Will the main competition results be posted somewhere so all competitors can see where they stood? Stacy wants to know if she kicked my **** again - which I suspect she did [emoji3064]

That was my first Pinfest , but wont be my last. Great to meet and have some games with fellow pinballers. Thanks to all those who made it work.

That was qualifying and NOT final standings which I expect Wayne will share when ready.

Another excellent Pinfest - have learnt a lot about looking after my machines. Thanks to all machine donors, organisers & helpers - hats off to all (wrong hat for donor of Rocky & Bullwinkle). Great to be meeting people again.

Looking forward to next year already.

Just been watching the stream back, what an asset to the community @strobey is, such professionalism, serious labour of love, incredible documentation of the event. Thank you for all of your efforts mate, absolutely fantastic production.

For anyone who fancies watching a replay of the finals 👍

Just been watching the stream back, what an asset to the community @strobey is, such professionalism, serious labour of love, incredible documentation of the event. Thank you for all of your efforts mate, absolutely fantastic production.

For anyone who fancies watching a replay of the finals 👍

You should see the massive amount of setup work he does. Loads of kit
Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom