What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2020 August 28th, 29th & 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you need to stop in an emergency. Then you won’t be fine.

Check the max pay load of the van. Typically 2.4 - 3 tonnes. 20 pins should be close to 2.4 tonnes. But if you’re including heavy JJPs then the total may be significantly more.

I thought the whole point of a 7 ton was that it took 7 tons?

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't account for the curb weight of the van (plus drivers, passengers, fuel etc)

You'd probably be ok for 15 pins (assuming 200 kg per pin, and 3000kg max load), but risk being overweight beyond that. We used to overweight our vans on the NLP shows for years through the same misunderstanding, so you could possibly get away with it... But not without risks

what games weight 200kg?

TNG is 146kg in the box.
Dialed in is 168Kg in the box.
Jurassic Park 115kg in the box.
BW will be somewhere in the middle of those two.
Classics around the 120Kg (not wide body).

Assume 130 is the average so 19 games...

Neil

I estimate 200kg to account for all the other things. Like fuel, passengers etc. At 19 pins you'll definitely be overweight. Unless you're just pushing the van down the road of course :D

Probably until the hotel cancels! It’s a game of chicken.

Current rumour mill is that HMG will announce in June a max number of people of ten in any venue until September!!

Neil.

sadly i suspect it will be the start of the second wave with all the asshats out in the world being stupid.

@Big Phil Do you think enough people will attend in order to make it viable?

I face that dilemma with every event I put on. But I know what you mean. I've spoken to the hotel and as with all others, they're closed to everyone except key workers. They'll quite happily postpone the event to next year at no extra cost.

If the event is allowed to go ahead, no doubt there will be very strict distancing and cleanliness rules.

I'm sure everyone wants this more than ever because of the lack of events. We're just shy of 15 weeks away. We'll see.

I have to plan as though it's going ahead though so pledge away everyone please :)

Currently we are hearing from HMG no public events or venues with >10 people and until the end of September - not sure if that will translate into policy obviously but it seems to be what’s being kicked around whitehall. Of course the dragon woman in Scotland will make it 12 people to keep her independence lunatics in order.

Neil.

UKPinfest 2020 is unfortunately cancelled! There is still so much uncertainty so I don't want to risk trying to plan one for say, 6 months time so the next event will be August 27th, 28th & 29th 2021 at The Mercure Daventry. I still haven't quite finalised the details with them but everything is agreed in principal. I was hoping to have everything signed but I need to give you all as much notice as possible. I'll try to cover all the points in this post but if there's something you need to ask, feel free.

Tickets - If you've already purchased tickets, they're valid for the event in 2021. If you'd prefer a refund, just ask.

Hotel rooms - The rooms can be transferred to the new dates next year or you can cancel. If you're planning on transferring your room booking to next year, please don't call the hotel until I let you all know that the contract has been signed.

Room prices and ticket prices will be the same for next year.

For those that don't frequent the forum or social media very often, please let them know.

Thanks Phil

Please let me know when the new contract is signed and il contact Holly to transfer my room

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom