What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinfest Competition

I'm getting close to be able to submit the results from Pinfest.

I have 23 players who are not in the IFPA database - with the name submitted at Pinfest

This may because it's the first competition they entered, they've changed their name (e.g. Dutton - Jarvis), or they've used a derivative name (e.g. Andy instead of Andrew)

If I submit the names as is, all tracking and addition to previous results will be lost.

So I will wait until Friday to submit the results.

If your name appears on the list below AND you believe you have previously entered a competition let me know your IFPA number (which can be found at www.ifpapinball.com/players/find.php) and I'll update your details. If not you'll be submitted as a new player.

Alan Irving
Alin
Andy Brock
Anthony Gray
Claire Johnson
Claire Lickman
Colin Chapman UK
Conrad Chambers
Cristian Boudi
Daniel Ormerod
David Bowery
Gabe Chapman
Kris Gonzo
Liam Pollard
Luopo
Martin Fox
Mr Fuze
Neil Pitman
Phil Ormerod
Sofia Boudi
Steve
Steven Hill
Thomas Calvert

While waiting for confirmation of the names, I've had a closer look at the mix of machines the qualifiers chose.

Mix.png

JP2 was chosen by half of those players.

4 people all had HS2, I500 & JP2 in their best card. These were also the 3 machines you were most likely to qualify on if you played them on your ticket - in that order.

Even more remarkably 6 out of the 8 players who got a bye through the first round all had HS2 & I500 in their card.

Is this choice of games down to the better/more experienced players choosing games that they knew the rules on and were most confident - or are these games a better judge of skill than the other games chosen?

Cards featuring the high score in qualifying on LZ & TAV, weren't those players best cards and were discarded, although both of those cards would have seen those players qualify with a bye anyway) @Wayne J & @mufcmufc .

The most consistent card qualifying was by @Neil McRae whose rank on AIQ, LZ & JP2 was 16th, 17th & 16th - proving that consistency over 3 games is the key to qualification.
Although just because you have 1 relatively poor game doesn't write of a ticket completely - @Matt Vince qualified despite having only the 35th highest score on AIQ -27million.

From what I can see no-one qualified with all 4 of their tickets (the most popular purchase)

@roadshow16 , @Wayne J both qualified with 3 tickets and voided 1.

Will Jarvis qualified with both of his submitted tickets, & Steven Hill qualified with his one and only entry.

Overall

Total games played on submitted cards was 815
total.png

In the knockouts, 12 of the 20 matches went to a tie break, and 8 of those the winner won having lost the first game. Indicating just how close the competition was throughout.

Thanks for all that hard work Wayne. Was a fun comp for sure. Is there an overall table showing final positions anywhere?

Interestingly, Neil did very well in the end after spending about £4,500 on qualifiying I seem to recall people saying, long into the very drunken night.

Thanks for all that hard work Wayne. Was a fun comp for sure. Is there an overall table showing final positions anywhere?

Interestingly, Neil did very well in the end after spending about £4,500 on qualifiying I seem to recall people saying, long into the very drunken night.
Not yet, I've got it consolidated, just not in any shape to share.

Those knocked out in the first round all finished 20th=, next round 12th= then semis 6th=

Hi Wayne,
Alan Irving here , nice to see I'm top of the list of noobies, sure it's alphabetical, but it's the place that counts and ill take my luck where I find it.
This was my first time at Pinfest and my first tournament, so I don't have an IFPA number.
I also entered the classics tournament. Do you know if I will also get points for entering that one ?
Thanks for running and organising the tournament it was quite an experience I particularly enjoyed the banter with the score keepers.
Thanks again to all involved, the hard work, dedication and good humour were appreciated.
Alan

Hi Wayne,
Alan Irving here , nice to see I'm top of the list of noobies, sure it's alphabetical, but it's the place that counts and ill take my luck where I find it.
This was my first time at Pinfest and my first tournament, so I don't have an IFPA number.
I also entered the classics tournament. Do you know if I will also get points for entering that one ?
Thanks for running and organising the tournament it was quite an experience I particularly enjoyed the banter with the score keepers.
Thanks again to all involved, the hard work, dedication and good humour were appreciated.
Alan

I believe @Arv was running the Classics tournament, so he'll know

Yes you will get points depending on placing of course.

Will Jarvis has been submitted using his 'IFPA name' as William Dutton

Daniel and Phil Ormerod have been submitted as Omerod.

All 3 of these to keep past history. I suggest contacting IFPA to change your name their if you want to keep historic records in line with new records.

Ah that makes sense. I went ot check how far down the world ranking I was with my one and only lousy tournament entry, hehe. I thought maybe there was a minimum requirement to get an actual ranking.

Ah, yes. In my historical experience it's usually a few days. But maybe Wayne has more/recent knowledge.
I've had an email saying the results have been approved, just waiting for the next website rebuild to display them.
I can view from the link I've been given.

The winner @roadshow16 got a total of 0.00 WPPRs 😀Screenshot_20210910-205635_Samsung Internet.jpg

The greyed out names are those people that haven't yet entered 5 comps

I've had an email saying the results have been approved, just waiting for the next website rebuild to display them.
I can view from the link I've been given.

The winner @roadshow16 got a total of 0.00 WPPRs [emoji3]View attachment 147253

The greyed out names are those people that haven't yet entered 5 comps

Have the points yet to be allocated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In case anyone has any questions about the comp, here are the details from the last few runnings.
The format remains the same

Back
Top Bottom