What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinfest 2023 - August 25/26/27th

The hotel is fully booked. Looks like the nearest and most reasonably priced hotel which is about 7 miles away is: -

Holiday Inn Rugby/ Northampton M1, Jct 18, an IHG Hotel

£158 for two nights.

Yay!

Is that supposed to be a helpful or a celebratory post Phil?? ;)

Congratulations Phil! I bet they have never been booked fully so far in advance.

Marvelous result, and I hope the person managed to get what they wanted in the end.

If anyone is looking for airBnB type accomodation, then I can recommend

This is in the village where I live, and although the online booking is not open for this date, I can put you in contact with the owner to arrange privately. It is 15-20mins from the Hotel.

The hotel is fully booked. Looks like the nearest and most reasonably priced hotel which is about 7 miles away is: -

Holiday Inn Rugby/ Northampton M1, Jct 18, an IHG Hotel

£158 for two nights.
This was helpful as I had left messages at the Mercure but no return call. Will look into the Holiday Inn. Thanks for posting.

Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times before.

Can you pay on the door? I was planning on the Saturday day session.

Evening everyone, I’m currently booked into the hotel until Monday morning this time.
With pinfest ending late Sunday afternoon, was wondering how many others who are not bringing pins plan to stay till Monday?
Be good to do some thing that eve with all the pins going back to their respective owners! Do lmk thx

Quite a few stay over.

Last year I think there was about 30 people. This caused a bit of a problem as the staff, who had been working for 3 days, still couldn't really play a game of pinball on the machines that were left set up as everyone else still wanted to play.

So this year, whilst chilling, laughing and drinking is still encouraged for everyone who stays over on Sunday, the pins that are left set up will be for staff only please. They've worked their socks off for 3 days solid. Just let them have a game please.

And you can buy your own pizzas too. I'll be buying staff only. Cost me £220 last year :eek:

Does that include VIP tickets which claim to be limited in supply? I’d rather pay on the door myself.

Quite a few stay over.

Last year I think there was about 30 people. This caused a bit of a problem as the staff, who had been working for 3 days, still couldn't really play a game of pinball on the machines that were left set up as everyone else still wanted to play.

So this year, whilst chilling, laughing and drinking is still encouraged for everyone who stays over on Sunday, the pins that are left set up will be for staff only please. They've worked their socks off for 3 days solid. Just let them have a game please.

And you can buy your own pizzas too. I'll be buying staff only. Cost me £220 last year :eek:
Those of us that do stay over and not part of the pinball after party can create our own entertainment in the form of some food, drink and a quiz. Whilst I can’t guarantee it being pinball related (unless I write it) I can guarantee a fun online one

Who fancies it?

It includes all tickets. VIP isn’t limited seeing as we’re taking over the hotel.

I’m trying to squeeze your quiz in on Saturday, Ben.

It includes all tickets. VIP isn’t limited seeing as we’re taking over the hotel.

I’m trying to squeeze your quiz in on Saturday, Ben.
Thanks as will need several weeks to prepare and write the quiz confirmation on this would be appreciated sooner rather than later.

Would need access to a laptop and screen to run the speed quizzing software people would connect their mobile devices to answer the questions.

Plus a screen for the questions and answers to come up on. Think there is a set up like that in the room

Thanks as will need several weeks to prepare and write the quiz confirmation on this would be appreciated sooner rather than later.

Would need access to a laptop and screen to run the speed quizzing software people would connect their mobile devices to answer the questions.

Plus a screen for the questions and answers to come up on. Think there is a set up like that in the room
What prizes u got?

So you need someone to provide a laptop and a screen plus you need a screen in the room?

All aspects? What kind of questions then? 😄
I got a sneak peak of the quiz paper:

Q1 What length and width screw was used to attach lane guides to Bally/Williams playfields

Q2 What date was the DCS system released

Q3 What size (Length and Width) is a wide body B/W cabinet (NOT HEAD)

Q4a How many games (all manufacturers) have used a gun handle

Q4b How many injuries (to the nearest hundred thousand) have they caused

Didn’t see any more sorry

Back
Top Bottom