What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinfest 2023 - August 25/26/27th

Is there a number for booking? My friend emailed and hasn't heard anything yet.

01327 30700 and ask for Lindsey or Lydia from reservations.

I had a nightmare with that number. OK I’d been tardy booking, thought there was plenty of time, got the whole hotel this time. Saw the post saying 30 rooms left and thought I’d better get my finger out.
Rang around 9.30pm Friday, and got a “call centre” type place, NOT the hotel. “Sorry, fully booked” came the reply. Knowing Phil had booked the hotel completely I tried explaining this and asked to be put through to the hotel directly. Waste of time. His English was, at best, suspect and he stuck to his guns. Tried again half hour later, same.
Thought I’d try again Monday, figured staff off for weekend, back to normal then.
Monday 9.00am same. This time the girl’s English was better and after insisting I HAD to speak to L or L, I think in the end she thought it was a personal call, she put me through directly to the hotel.
5 minutes later I was booked.
The moral of this is MAKE SURE YOU’RE SPEAKING TO THE HOTEL.
Alan.

For those still planning to book….there was another number on the event page, 01327 307019, which should go direct to the hotel.

Sorry that this info is late for you Alan but at least you’re in :)

For those still planning to book….there was another number on the event page, 01327 307019, which should go direct to the hotel.

Sorry that this info is late for you Alan but at least you’re in :)

Wish I’d known. Attended every big show since Margate 2004 and didn’t want to miss this one, but as you say I’m in and that’s all that matters 👍

I've been waiting on an email from them to confirm how many rooms are left.

Don't take any risks, get booked up!

An amazing triumph Phil.

Booking the whole venue for Pinfest and selling out is amazing mate. It's going to be a blast.

It will be good to only have pinheads at the hotel.

Last year most of my corridor was booked by the 'Womens Institute Annual Jam Making Convention', quite frankly it was too raucous for my tastes.

Maureen & Gladys were getting up to all manner of debauched naughtiness in the room next to mine. Strippers, drugs, loud music long into the night and the language was appalling. There was a punch-up in the corridor because someone had tried to enter a mango chutney into one of the regional marmalade categories and security had to be called.

The lady across the hallway made a bong out of a fire extinguisher, but it was the skinny dipping in the pool at 7am which really was the final straw.

They've been around a long time.

Their highest achievement was creating Bob Marley's favourite sandwich - with Jammin'.

They've been around a long time.

Their highest achievement was creating Bob Marley's favourite sandwich - with Jammin'.

You have just butchered the joke, it’s What is Bob Marley’s favourite donut……..😂

An amazing triumph Phil.

Booking the whole venue for Pinfest and selling out is amazing mate. It's going to be a blast.

It will be good to only have pinheads at the hotel.

Last year most of my corridor was booked by the 'Womens Institute Annual Jam Making Convention', quite frankly it was too raucous for my tastes.

Maureen & Gladys were getting up to all manner of debauched naughtiness in the room next to mine. Strippers, drugs, loud music long into the night and the language was appalling. There was a punch-up in the corridor because someone had tried to enter a mango chutney into one of the regional marmalade categories and security had to be called.

The lady across the hallway made a bong out of a fire extinguisher, but it was the skinny dipping in the pool at 7am which really was the final straw.
Sure it wasn't The Castleford Ladies Magic Circle?

@Big Phil booked 2023 pinfest ages ago!
have you thought of using ticket tailor over eventbrite for pinfest tickets
love the idea of 24 hour pinball for vip guests.
how about a weekend long selfie tournament need screenshot of score to prevent cheating!
pinfest quiz - test your knowledge on all things pinball from when was this pin released to name that tune pinball style. Lmk if interested and will see if I can write and host a short quiz since everyone will want to spend time playing rather than quizzing!

A little bump for all the nerwbies joining the forum. Around 100 pinball machines for you to play and get together with like minded pinheads.

There's the odd sociable drink too.
And maybe a pinball themed quiz if there is enough interest I can easily write a short quiz and host it if there is enough interest. I would need to look into the logistics using speed quizzing as pen and paper is very old school now a days.

will give it a couple of weeks to gauge interestb

And maybe a pinball themed quiz if there is enough interest I can easily write a short quiz and host it if there is enough interest. I would need to look into the logistics using speed quizzing as pen and paper is very old school now a days.

will give it a couple of weeks to gauge interestb
I'd be up for a pinball themed quiz but it just depends when it is. There's already a lot of things going on over the weekend :)

I'd be up for a pinball themed quiz but it just depends when it is. There's already a lot of things going on over the weekend :)
Getting interest first might just do this online at some point there is only so much you can do so will be only a few rounds

Still need to plan what's happening over the days. Questions marks over a few things. Still early days.

Back
Top Bottom