What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Hall of Fame Presentation

well when we open the peoples hall of fame vote we can discuss if it was a popularity commotion or not - seems to work for the twipies!

It is by definition.

Yes the twippys work very well. It's modelled around the popular vote.

I’d lost my pinball mojo just before lock down after 12/13 yrs of helping out at many events and with nlp running shows I really wanted to walk away from pinball I was beat mentally and physically but the enforcement of lock down gave me chance to rest and feel optimistic and certainly with the help of my best friends I’ve made in pinball I wanted to keep helping and watch ppl enjoy a pastime I was passionate about.
When I stared this journey all those years ago I never imagined I’d be inducted into the hall of fame along with my friends and I’m immensely proud of what we achieved and to be recognised for such achievements with or without a public vote,but now seeing this thread saddens me that some see it differently and they have a right to,but it will over the next few months make me truly evaluate where my future lies within pinball,perhaps there’s ppl here that feel ready to accept the batton to do what I have done over the years and be enthusiastic about continuing to support and help shows keep pinball alive and flipping.pinball needs teamwork to survive not a fractured community. Just my thoughts.

I'm relatively new to this forum - cannot for the life of me understand what this fuss is about - from reading the history and the recent awards - seems a good thing and well deserved winners.

A fractured community now where have I seen that before... :hmm:

I'm relatively new to this forum - cannot for the life of me understand what this fuss is about - from reading the history and the recent awards - seems a good thing and well deserved winners.
I don’t think anyone is questioning the winners - I’m questioning an archaic mode of selecting winners which is well past it’s sell by date.

Yeah that's it Paul!

Why can't the public be the ones who decide? Its a piece of **** to arrange an online vote.

Also I thought Gary ran this but he wasn't mentioned on the list of "judges"?

Regards,
Neil.
It was Martin and Nick Bennett’s idea, Martin put the wheels in motion and they invited Gary onto the original committee

I’d lost my pinball mojo just before lock down after 12/13 yrs of helping out at many events and with nlp running shows I really wanted to walk away from pinball I was beat mentally and physically but the enforcement of lock down gave me chance to rest and feel optimistic and certainly with the help of my best friends I’ve made in pinball I wanted to keep helping and watch ppl enjoy a pastime I was passionate about.
When I stared this journey all those years ago I never imagined I’d be inducted into the hall of fame along with my friends and I’m immensely proud of what we achieved and to be recognised for such achievements with or without a public vote,but now seeing this thread saddens me that some see it differently and they have a right to,but it will over the next few months make me truly evaluate where my future lies within pinball,perhaps there’s ppl here that feel ready to accept the batton to do what I have done over the years and be enthusiastic about continuing to support and help shows keep pinball alive and flipping.pinball needs teamwork to survive not a fractured community. Just my thoughts.

I'm similar to Dave on this tbf.

This is pinball, there are far more serious and life effecting concerns in the world that are worth protesting.
And there is a good way of evolving something, right time and place, helping improve things. Hijacking a positive and harmless thread and making those recognised feel awkward is not the way to strengthen our community spirit directly after a very good show.

This is pinball, there are far more serious and life effecting concerns in the world that are worth protesting.
And there is a good way of evolving something, right time and place, helping improve things. Hijacking a positive and harmless thread and making those recognised feel awkward is not the way to strengthen our community spirit directly after a very good show.

Nobody its doing that. I'm asking a simple question. Nobody seems to be able to give an answer to it. If anyone feels awkward then surely that points to an issue? Otherwise they should take their recognition and be happy.

Neil.

Let's turn it in to Love Island, full of attention seeking wh@res.

Although it seems to be going that way already in here.

I'm surprised you are involved in an unelected dictatorship Wayne!

Back
Top Bottom