What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Hall of Fame Presentation

PinballNews

Registered
Alias
Martin Ayub
Hi everyone.

I'm pleased to say that we will be having an induction ceremony and presentation for the UK Pinball Hall of Fame at UK Pinfest this year.

It will take place on Sunday around 12:30pm in the main hall once the Classics final has finished but before the start of the final rounds for the main tournament.

It will be a chance to congratulate the new inductees and there will also be some exciting announcements about the Hall of Fame going forward.

Many thanks to @Big Phil and @Wayne J for their help in setting this up. Please try to be there to give the latest inductees the big cheers they so richly deserve.

Martin.

Why no mention of Gary Flower?

David

Does this tie in with the earlier post where the inductees have already been named Martin?

congrats to the winners

I was originally going to come and moan that elitist BS like this needs to die but instead a few of us got organised today at the show

Coming soon!

The People's Pinball Hall of Fame as voted by you -> the people of pinball!

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats to the winners

I was originally going to come and moan that elitist BS like this needs to die but instead a few of us got organised today at the show

Coming soon!

The People's Pinball Hall of Fame as voted by you -> the people of pinball!
Elitist..........coming from someone with more pinball machines than just about anyone 😄

David

I don't understand the elitist comment, I must have missed something

I think it boils down to "if Neil isn't involved it must be elitist". Either that or he wasn't listening to the announcement Martin made about it being open to nominations from the public now.

Yeah that's it Paul!

Why can't the public be the ones who decide? Its a piece of **** to arrange an online vote.

Also I thought Gary ran this but he wasn't mentioned on the list of "judges"?

Regards,
Neil.

I tried to find a long explanatory post I made on pinside when the pinball industry awards kicked off to explain my reasoning as I had a similar view, but it looks like the thread might have been zapped.

That's where you're getting knotted up. It's not an industry award like the eye-bleeders you see in the corporate world.

It's simply community recognition and well deserved at that.

Nothing close to elitism.

We remain in a world where there exists nice people with good intentions.

The Pinball community is one of them.

Tim

That's where you're getting knotted up. It's not an industry award like the eye-bleeders you see in the corporate world.

It's simply community recognition and well deserved at that.

Nothing close to elitism.

We remain in a world where there exists nice people with good intentions.

The Pinball community is one of them.

Tim

so why not let the community decide?

Might be an idea to remove John Trudeau.

well when we open the peoples hall of fame vote we can discuss if it was a popularity commotion or not - seems to work for the twipies!

Back
Top Bottom