What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK League Finals 2022

The finalists are now all confirmed - see post 1.

Due to more people taking up their position in the finals I have decided that the A Finals will have to start earlier than anticipated at 10:30 (rather than 11) to ensure that they are completed before the B finals which are due to start at 2.

The games to be used will be published as soon as they have been finalised.

Last edited:
Just confirming I'll be there for the UK League finals. Dawn email me this week to post a message and inform you Wayne. Your table has me highlighted in green so all good 👍

Just confirming I'll be there for the UK League finals. Dawn email me this week to post a message and inform you Wayne. Your table has me highlighted in green so all good 👍
Having a user name that would allow someone to identify you would be of use here ;)

The list of machines to be used for the finals, and the groupings for the qualifying have now been confirmed and the first post updated.
Thanks goes to @mufcmufc , @Matt Vince , @DanLewell , @steve brum , @Telboy & @MajesticPinball for allowing the use of their games.

The machines will all be located opposite the main comp area (next to the stage), and the plan is for @Neil McRae to live stream at least some of the games.

To reiterate the format once again.

A Finals starts at 10:30 on the Saturday. B Finals due to start at 14:00 (but may be later if A Finals overrun)
There will be no set aside practice time on the day, but machines will be playable in the VIP session on the Friday evening.

Players will be placed in to 6 groups (4 player groups for the A Finals, 3 player groups for the B Finals) in such a way that regional qualifiers are mixed.
They will play each of the 6 machines once with the scores ranked for each machine as at a standard league meet.

The top 2 will progress straight to the final.
The 3rd-6th ranked players will play a single game (chosen by the 3rd placed qualifier), with the top 2 progressing to the final.

The final will be played with PAPA scoring (4,2,1,0) on 3 machines chosen by the winner of the semi final, 2nd placed qualifier and 1st placed qualifier.
Order of play will be reverse qualifying for the first machine, followed by reverse of the scores for the following machines.
If a tie is needed after the 3 games, it will be chosen by the highest ranked qualifier playing in the tiebreak.

Where possible all machines will be set to 3 balls with no extras, as the finalists are the elite of UK pinball and don't need the safety net of a 4th ball. :D

If a machine breaks down, it will be removed from the competition and no replacement will be added.
If time is exceptionally tight, there may be the need to reduce the final to a single game played (but hopefully this won't be an issue)

The TD's for each of the qualifying portions of the finals will be the regional coordinators. They will make any necessary rulings using IFPA rules as guidance.
Their decision will be final.

Finally, I hope everyone has enjoyed competing in the UK League this year, whether you have made the final or not, even if it was only a single meeting. I hope to see as many of you attending next year. We are always looking for people to host meetings. If you are interested contact your regional coordinator who can be found at http://www.pinballleague.uk/contacts.php

I have uploaded the league sheet to Google sheets so you can follow as the event happens. We will use this on stream

streaming from https://www.twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

Neil.

One question - are all the games on standard roms/code versions?

Would be great if someone (Neil? Or any volunteer?) can make sure we capture the individual games and scores in the knockout phases too. That way we can have much more info on the league site (though I do still need to work on redesigning the finals page there)

Would be great if someone (Neil? Or any volunteer?) can make sure we capture the individual games and scores in the knockout phases too. That way we can have much more info on the league site (though I do still need to work on redesigning the finals page there)
They will be

thanks for running the finals.

I found it super hard to play because I couldn't concentrate at all with every tom dick and harry barging past, I counted one specific bozo 9 times in 10 minutes, I would personally appreciate figuring out how we make the venue/location more appropriate for the rightful grandeur of the league finals.

thanks for running the finals.

I found it super hard to play because I couldn't concentrate at all with every tom dick and harry barging past, I counted one specific bozo 9 times in 10 minutes, I would personally appreciate figuring out how we make the venue/location more appropriate for the rightful grandeur of the league finals.

We talked about this after the finals, There were plenty of good ideas about how it can work better

Back
Top Bottom