What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete TZ Small shop log

RudeDogg1

Registered
The tz was pretty clean when I got it apart from the hard to reach places and me being anal it bugged me lol. I also wanted to re rubber it because I don't like white rubbers no matter how much you change them they look grubby. Apart from a few broken and warped plastics this machine dare I say it is mint. Anyway after I'd played it a few days and my rubbers arrived I decided to strip it which took bloody ages.

After stripping
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373013.918424.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373034.184474.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373053.200989.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373072.318037.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373090.467631.jpg

A little bit dirty and a lot of ball trails.

One of the warped plastics this seemed to be caused because someone had used a post that was over a cm to long.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373179.150702.jpg

After

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373197.967038.jpg

I'm really pleased how it's cleaned up here's the result after a clean and 2 coats of wax

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373252.518310.jpg

Before

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373286.650928.jpg

After

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373305.970213.jpg

Gumball machine stripped and cleaned

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401373332.834812.jpg

Last edited:
Rudi, too much spare time ;) Get playing, but looks like going to be a while until back together :)

Nice work and quick! Amazing how "un-mint" it looks once you start pulling things apart ;) But that PF has sure polished up a treat. I'm looking forward to stripping and polishing my Vector playfield but I've promised myself to finish the Paragon restoration first.

Strangely enough, the 1cm too long post is a factory thing. I've stripped 3 tz's and all had that bent plastic. No idea why but a shorter post sorted it.
Are you going to do the third magnet mod while you're there?

No kit needed. The sister site, iobium, has details of how it's done. A standard opto pair can be modified to interface with the switch matrix. I'll post details if there is interest

Excuse my ignorance but what does the third magnet do. Is it if you shoot 2 balls up the right loop within a split second of each other it will hold both balls so you could get 2 shots at the camera?
I've been playing mine for a coupe of years and never felt it was missing one.

It was a part that was in the prototypes but deleted from production for cost reasons. In fairness it has only one purpose. When you get multiball without third magnet the game fires 2 balls from the trough, round to the upper left flipper where you get a shot at jackpot. The third ball comes out of the lock area. With the third magnet and 9.4h rom it's different. The game fires a ball out of the trough and holds it on the left magnet. It then fires another ball out the trough and holds it on the new upper right magnet. The third all comes out of the lock area and is held on the existing lower right magnet. They all sit there for a second before dropping simultaneously. Looks really cool but I also understand why it was deleted from production. Other than that it serves no purpose. I think its cool though and I've done the mod to all my tz's. I'll post up tomorrow about how it's done but it's surprisingly easy so long as you have the b***s to drill a hole in your playfield!!

I've left the milar patches on because they look in good nick do you guys leave them or remove em?

Last edited:
Is there some easy way of reattaching the diverter arm wire to the bridge diverter I've been effing about with the bloody thing for about an hour. Short of removing the whole bloody mech taking the roll pin out attaching the diverter then attempting to hammer the roll pin back in while it's attached to the pf which I'm not overly keen on doing

Remove e clip from diverter pivot, remove pivot pin. Then take the diverter cage off the ramp. Thread wire into diverter. Replace pivot pin then replace clip.

Is there some easy way of reattaching the diverter arm wire to the bridge diverter I've been effing about with the bloody thing for about an hour. Short of removing the whole bloody mech taking the roll pin out attaching the diverter then attempting to hammer the roll pin back in while it's attached to the pf which I'm not overly keen on doing
I wish. When the small spring broke in mine it was a proper pig to fix.

Right she's all back together and working. I have one fault which had started just before the strip down but it appears to of worsened the auto fire seems to be sporadically weak about 6 times out of 10 attempts it is unable to shoot the ball far enough to load the gumball machine. What would cause this?

I do have it set up steep, rear levellers max out and legs attached at the middle hole not the top hole at the back. Shouldn't effect it tho surely?

I do have it set up steep, rear levellers max out and legs attached at the middle hole not the top hole at the back. Shouldn't effect it tho surely?

Sounds like it to me. Try lowering it and see if it improves...

Otherwise check the mech and how the ball sits for the autofire.

Back
Top Bottom