What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtles Vs J Park. What you saying?

Still no closer to figuring out this dilemma incidentally
Is it Pro or Premium you are looking at? JP is a known quantity so if you like the way JP looks now I'd go for that. Turtles looks promising but there are still unanswered questions.

If you are going the 2nd hand route then JP is your only option, if you can find one that is.

Whichever one you pick I don't think you will be disappointed, unless you get Turtles and it turns out to be turd.

The fact you are asking makes me think you have your heart set on a Turtles and want some good reasons not to get one?

Either way it's a nice problem to have :)

Is it Pro or Premium you are looking at? JP is a known quantity so if you like the way JP looks now I'd go for that. Turtles looks promising but there are still unanswered questions.

If you are going the 2nd hand route then JP is your only option, if you can find one that is.

Whichever one you pick I don't think you will be disappointed, unless you get Turtles and it turns out to be turd.

The fact you are asking makes me think you have your heart set on a Turtles and want some good reasons not to get one?

Either way it's a nice problem to have :)

It's definitely a nice problem to have! I'm not in a rush especially and I currently have a space issue anyway so happy to chill. You're right though that's the risk factor, Turtles turning out to be a lemon. I really ****ing expensive lemon. I'm sure I'll figure it out....

Oh and whichever I end up buying it'll be a Pro.

Played loads of IMDN and own JP2. Thought IMDN was good but wouldn’t of bought one JP2 however is a very good game. I can understand why there are people out there who just can’t get on with it, it’s not for your below average player. The shots are tight some shots are very tight but if you’re a good player you learn them. The 4 shot skill shot at the start feels soooo good when you nail it but you’re never going to nail it every ball that’s why it puts a smile on your face when you get it. The code is awesome and that’s what makes a good game great.

Got 3 a few times, where is the fourth?

I only know jp as I had it on loan for a month or so just. It replaced deadpool which I was always very keen on. Jp is miles better than deadpool in my eyes. It offers quite an inmersive experience. You are going on an adventure. Jp got replaced by b66 and again jp is way above b66 imho. So I know nothing about the turtles, but jp won't disappoint you if you get it.

Watched some of Dead Flips unboxing/gameplay from last night. No closer to figuring this out. J-Park or Turtles..... Eeeesh. Then I suddenly think **** it I'll get an Iron Man and an NBA Fast Break, or TWD. First world problems, pray for me etc

Wait until July and go play both in @Tilt_Birmingham . They serve amazing coffee, wicked cakes, good beer and about 20 pinballs. You may end up wanting something else.

If you are looking at throwing £7K into a machine it has to be worth it.

if it was my choice, I'd go turtles - I think JPark will frustrate you mate.

Yeah you may be right mate, I'm not terribly good and if J-Park is an ass kicker....

Wait until July and go play both in @Tilt_Birmingham . They serve amazing coffee, wicked cakes, good beer and about 20 pinballs. You may end up wanting something else.

If you are looking at throwing £7K into a machine it has to be worth it.

It's difficult for me to get time to get up that way. That said Chief is much easier and I'm guessing they're likely to have both when they re-open or soon thereafter.

@huggers TWD is tough too, that’s an ass kicker but I like the beating. Really looking forward to getting JP - the code looks deep but there’s some key elements outside of the dinosaur capture “modes”. I played it at Tilt and have to say it was (after falling in love with IMDN) as good as I hoped it would be. Some have said it’s frustrating but I found it really good and fair, maybe a setup thing that they nailed, maybe the beer.

TMNT code looks “good” from what I have seen of it, but the GB which is a dream theme I think the code is top drawer. Unfortunately the execution of it isn’t a good as the rest of the package. Until getting hands on with TMNT who knows, but early signs are... it looks a great all rounder.

@huggers TWD is tough too, that’s an ass kicker but I like the beating. Really looking forward to getting JP - the code looks deep but there’s some key elements outside of the dinosaur capture “modes”. I played it at Tilt and have to say it was (after falling in love with IMDN) as good as I hoped it would be. Some have said it’s frustrating but I found it really good and fair, maybe a setup thing that they nailed, maybe the beer.

Yeah fair point, I've played a fair bit of TWD an IM and both are tricky and it doesn't put me off. I'd much rather that than a half hour snooze fest on LOTR or whatever

Keith said recently Iron Maiden ball times too long.

Not in my house:D

JP - he tightened all the shots to make it harder than Maiden.

His next game is pitched between Maiden and JP for difficulty.

Turtles is shaping up to be monster seller in the US.

Keith said recently Iron Maiden ball times too long.

Not in my house:D

JP - he tightened all the shots to make it harder than Maiden.

His next game is pitched between Maiden and JP for difficulty.

Turtles is shaping up to be monster seller in the US.
That’s weird I thought IM was harder than JP? Yes the right loop and left loop are tight but IM isn’t easy street. I can understand Neil’s comments compared to Elvira which is much easier and forgiving. Not knocking Elvira it is a great game also, it’s very hard to pick between the two, Elvira maybe just edges it but they’re both right up there as great games. When you’re on a roll on JP it rocks and the code is fantastic.

download the replacement code which has better audio (well a little bit).

Back
Top Bottom