What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtles Thread

the drawings where ok, the stories, not from what I recall. the only one that really wanted me to read the another comic was City of War, vaguely remember but they had beaten Shredder and his disappearance created a new crime vacuum and they fight all sorts of creatures/chars it was an arc.

I agree JAG - it was only good if you were playing against your mates.

Yeah the turtles arcade game is one of those konami licenced coin munchers. The Simpsons was the same. Great graphics and sound but game play designed to take our pocket money rather than reward getting good at it. Obviously loved it back in the day but doesn't really hold up imo. Neil you couldn't play it against your mates?

Ok maybe one of the best arcade games was a bit much... and I agree there’s probably a lot of nostalgia in my head about it. I just remember piling in the coins back in the day.

It was at Longleat once upon a time and I remember going there “to see some animals” and not leaving the arcade for the whole day out :D

Yeah the turtles arcade game is one of those konami licenced coin munchers. The Simpsons was the same. Great graphics and sound but game play designed to take our pocket money rather than reward getting good at it. Obviously loved it back in the day but doesn't really hold up imo. Neil you couldn't play it against your mates?

I don’t have any mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d play against the regulars in LA amusements, they were all Asian and spent all day in the arcade and simply too good (but I still handed them their ass on Salamander) - the fact I kept getting beat at beat-me-ups (which was half the arcade back then) is what got me into pinball as they had zero interest in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d play against the regulars in LA amusements, they were all Asian and spent all day in the arcade and simply too good (but I still handed them their star on Salamander) - the fact I kept getting beat at beat-me-ups (which was half the arcade back then) is what got me into pinball as they had zero interest in it.

No dude I mean Turtles wasn't a Vs game. You literally couldn't play it against your mates

Just had call from Hadfields :) off to meet them in the Landy now

Shame I'm away from lunchtime, may not get a chance to unbox

So you liked it then 😂

All the good points were that it can be improved 😂
Pretty much that exactly.

You can always improve a good layout with code/rules/lighting etc. but you can't improve much if you have a poor layout from the start.

EVERY single game I can think of, when lock is lit the insert or lamp is green (the same way extra ball is usually orange) this isn't the case on TMNT (that I could see) and was often surprised when the ball locked or a mb started. That's an easy update that could be applied through code alone with RGB LEDs in place.

Currently spelling LAIR lights training - once you've trained 3 times (to lv4) that's it - no further progress - no big reward - nothing, other than I believe it's a requirement for main wizard mode. I'd suggest that once you've upgraded your initial turtle to LV 4 your perks are locked in and you then change turtle to train them up to LV 4 as well, once all 4 turtles are fully trained you get some kind of mini wizard mode.

Modes/episodes are just poor at the moment, there definitely is room for improvement there.

Maybe I'm spoiled by owning 2 Elwin games, but this seems very shallow and I doubt it would last long if I were to buy one.

Pretty much that exactly.

You can always improve a good layout with code/rules/lighting etc. but you can't improve much if you have a poor layout from the start.

EVERY single game I can think of, when lock is lit the insert or lamp is green (the same way extra ball is usually orange) this isn't the case on TMNT (that I could see) and was often surprised when the ball locked or a mb started. That's an easy update that could be applied through code alone with RGB LEDs in place.

Currently spelling LAIR lights training - once you've trained 3 times (to lv4) that's it - no further progress - no big reward - nothing, other than I believe it's a requirement for main wizard mode. I'd suggest that once you've upgraded your initial turtle to LV 4 your perks are locked in and you then change turtle to train them up to LV 4 as well, once all 4 turtles are fully trained you get some kind of mini wizard mode.

Modes/episodes are just poor at the moment, there definitely is room for improvement there.

Maybe I'm spoiled by owning 2 Elwin games, but this seems very shallow and I doubt it would last long if I were to buy one.

Elwin games have definitely spoiled us with depth of coding... Really makes the games good value having a machine you can't complete

I got to Final Battle Multiball within a couple of days on TMNT... But with some coding TMNT could be epic... Layout is fun and fast

No dude I mean Turtles wasn't a Vs game. You literally couldn't play it against your mates

dood- yes I meant 4 player games for score :D I know you couldn't fight each other but twenty pence for twenty pence the asian guys always did best score wise

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 12.32.30.png

Neil.

JP2 is just a frustrating clunker, the code is deep and has lots of variety I agree but the execution of the physics in the game and some of the tightness of the shots doesn't make it accessible for the rubbish player :D The art and atmosphere of the game is poor. I find it hard to be excited about playing it, the Jeep sucks as a toy. Compared to Maiden its a fail.

Neil.

I did to start with - playing it at Pinburgh and then Chicago I liked it but the more I've played it at home the less I like it. With most games I can make decent progress, with JP2 I've struggled and it just puts me off.

Neil.

I lost alot of pound note games against them on Turtles, Kung FU Master, Final Fight and Street Fighter - I'd love to be able to say I was the michaelangelo of the arcade LOL

Back
Top Bottom