What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded my STTNG for a LOTR last week any Mods suggested

Great swap, I’ve got a sttng and love lotr theme so this has piqued my interest.
Never played lotr, does the game play match up to the epic theme?

Great swap, I’ve got a sttng and love lotr theme so this has piqued my interest.
LOTR for me was a great game and kept me interested for a long time and yes its pretty epic ,the only thing is i never got to the valinor wizard mode as you have to complete so much so often its almost impossible . I probably would have kept it longer but chris @cmrl9 offered the swap and i really miss sttng which is for me the best game ever

Understand what you’re saying about sttng.
Can’t see me ever letting it go. It’s got me on three levels.
One is I used to play it in my local back in the 90’s so it’s got tons of nostalgia for me.
Two I I Used to and still do love the tv series.
And three, it’s a great game!!

Hi, thanks. It depend what type of game you like, its a long game, lots of loop/ramp shots and the ball drain isn't partially bad. Personally I think it has some similarities with Lethal Weapon 3, but with more multiballs and a balrog!

In terms of theme and sound package I think its pretty good, non pinball players seem to love it and its pretty accessible, based upon my 5 year old being able to score 10 million, STTNG she couldn't understand.

It's one I played a lot in the arcade when it came out, so I have a particular liking for it

LOTR for me was a great game and kept me interested for a long time and yes its pretty epic ,the only thing is i never got to the valinor wizard mode as you have to complete so much so often its almost impossible . I probably would have kept it longer but chris @cmrl9 offered the swap and i really miss sttng which is for me the best game ever
I've nearly done it, the Fellowship is the one mode that I'm struggling with, I can complete it pretty easily including the one ring mode twice.

STTNG is a great game, however LOTR I played alot in the arcade so have a particular attachment to it :)

I've nearly done it, the Fellowship is the one mode that I'm struggling with, I can complete it pretty easily including the one ring mode twice.

STTNG is a great game, however LOTR I played alot in the arcade so have a particular attachment to it :)
Should add, I'm not a pinball wizard, I do have the UK skill posts enabled :) and 10 balls, although I can get all modes completed once on 1/2 balls

Understand what you’re saying about sttng.
Can’t see me ever letting it go. It’s got me on three levels.
One is I used to play it in my local back in the 90’s so it’s got tons of nostalgia for me.
Two I I Used to and still do love the tv series.
And three, it’s a great game!!
Agreed :) Except for the playing it in the 90's, I only ever played it a handful of times, the LOTR, Elivs, Stern POTC , SPP and Ripley's are the ones I played alot in the arcade. They all came out at similar times.

Certainly for mine, I changed a lot of the incandescent bulbs for coloured LED'S. Also, I couldn't get hold of the sword mod, so instead I had the sword professionally polished. POTD ball guide and Arwin plastic are a necessity. The only other mod I had was Gandalf lighted staff, which looked ACE!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-235958.png
    Screenshot_20210716-235958.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20201110_172339.jpg
    20201110_172339.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 7
To w..a..r.... I was so impressed, I lforgot to press the flipper 😂😂

Attachments

• 20201108_230738.mp4
    8.4 MB
Back