What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toppers

I wouldn't say stupid, just pointless. Some looking amazing, BK3K, EHOH, PF for example but would you rather have 3 machines with 3 toppers or just 4 machines.

I know which I'd rather have.

I wouldn't say stupid, just pointless. Some looking amazing, BK3K, EHOH, PF for example but would you rather have 3 machines with 3 toppers or just 4 machines.

I know which I'd rather have.
Don't forget, when your an addict but your collection is full to the brim then the next best buzz is adding bling!

The problem is when you have 5 machines and only 4 toppers and your OCD gets triggered! Toppers that interact can be a great addition, for me the Fish was my first topper and I loved it, before the prices got rapey. I paid silly money for R2D2 and the Black Night but they both bought me alot of joy and entertainment regardless. The beacons on Alien add a layer of immersion too. Mando probably does too and is on my radar but I currently think Stern are taking the p1ss on so many levels (well actually a single level ;)) that my money will be going elsewhere. The PulpF LE looks amazing and if more come to the market down the line I can see me looking to make a sale to pick one up.

Maybe machines need more bling. There's probably an aftermarket for people willing to pay thousands for a 'sider'. Something like safecracker wings or maybe an 'under' where when you hit the pops, something comes out from under the machine and 'strokes' you legs. ;)

Some outstanding ones of course like Black Knight

For ok money, few hundred dollars ..
I’m happy with the likes of
Laseriffic Tron
GnR LE version
For example….

Also, not everyone has the height space for a Topper.

@Gonzo for example has the standard machines nearly touching the ceiling and that's without his 'gimp' sitting on top. ;)

Topper or go home.

Fish Tales without a topper definitely affects its value the same with Whitewater.

If your going to have something as big as a pinball machine in your house why not have it look its best?

images
Sometimes less is more

Think this has 2 X train wrecks

check out the other pinball tabs. MM is insane.

Notice Pat Lawlor carried over one of the designs in Wizard Blocks to 'Dialled In'

Last edited:
Have Stranger Things topper arriving today hopefully

Love a topper. not essential but really enhance a pin.

still my fave is my home made paragon EM clock topper!

I’ve been working on a new version that has 7 digits, it sits on top of an SS game, when the game is off it displays time and date, when the game is on it shows HSTD and current players scores when a game is in progress.

65EBBEF9-2BE2-4153-8C25-CF40A38D7299.jpeg

Also, not everyone has the height space for a Topper.

@Gonzo for example has the standard machines nearly touching the ceiling and that's without his 'gimp' sitting on top. ;)

To be fair my gimp has been on a keto diet so is very thin now.

The low ceiling has done me a financial favour really, although it was only built that height for building reg reasons.

Obviously I'd love that Pulp Fiction topper and the cactus one looks great too.

Maybe if CGC release a topper for Pulp Fiction I'll get one and keep that game in the house, but ultimately I think I'd stop looking at it eventually.

Not sure I agree with the criticism of the Addams Topper not making sense.
Or at least I interpret it as the top of the house is in a cloud that provides the lightning, which ties in the backglass and a nod to the movie, plus the lightening effect used at points in the game. Most of the roof is on the backglass, the central tower goes up and is continued on the tower. The dimensions are good enough. The cloud could have been above it all but that would make it higher, more complicated, and not any better.
These machines are all interpretation and artistic licence, not worth getting too much into the accuracy.

Some outstanding ones of course like Black Knight

For ok money, few hundred dollars ..
I’m happy with the likes of
Laseriffic Tron
GnR LE version
For example….
I have the GNR LE topper and price point is good but could have made it do something flash / change colour anything lol.

Toppers are the biggest waste of money going. Add zero value to the game and just another reason to cash grab for manufactures and some mod makers.

You are far better off just sticking a wad of 50s up there if you want to show off :D

$1629

o_O

$1629

o_O
Expensive it sure is, but seeing the price and look of some of the stern ones this one is amazing.

The best part about this is, you don't need a full pinball machine, according to the site. So it can sit on a shelf 😂

"This product is designed and manufactured in the USA, is a standalone product, and does not REQUIRE a full pinball machine to operate."

Back
Top Bottom