What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOP 5 STERNS PLEASE

AC/DC now ranks above LOTR and is the highest ranking Stern on Pinside, looks like it is unanimous

Only 0.001 in it though!

Think it's about time they reset that chart, I don't think that ratings that were made a decade ago should count towards the average user rating.

Playfield art looks like the cover of a teen fan mag, I have been a metal head since 1981 so know AC/DC from back to front, music still gets repetitive, it would probably be great in an arcade but for HUO it's hard going.

Good point - I've only played it casually, so I've not the constant day-in day-out exposure I get on my own machines.

Fish Tales is another one that ticks all the original 4 boxes for many, myself included, but some people who professed to like it originally have apparently been ready to throw it out a window after a week or two of exposure to the soundtrack.... Probably best add "Longevity" onto my criteria for pin appeal :)

Me to, it's not clicked with me so I'm in the minority.

I got a premium model nib and sold it again within 2 months. It drove me up the wall and I am a big fan of acdc music.

The rules just got on my nerves and is there any point to the lower playfield??? Also, on mine, a shot to the TNT targets often sent the ball down the left outlane

Here's my post NLP list:

1. Tron LE
2. Iron Man VE
3. AC/DC Premium
4. Star Trek
5. Walking Dead

TWD could be really good with improved sound, although it feels like Stern are treading water with innovative ideas. And WOZ's display looked amazing next to TWD, imagine what they could have done with one of those instead of dots.

Here's an old thread bump now that I've had a chance to play lots more of these since posting originally:

1/ Metallica
2/ ACDC
3/ LOTR
4/ Spiderman
5/ Tron

Metallica with the latest code is a totally different beast to the game before "crank it up" etc. The music though isn't linked in the same way as AC/DC until you get to the modes so it hasn't got the same immersion factor

Played a few Stern tables in the past 12 months - have to say the one i've enjoyed the most lately has been Batman: The Dark Knight.

Was glued to it for a good hour or so. On the wish-list now.

My Top 5's....

Junk Pile:

1. Lord of The Rings
2. Wrestlemania
3. The Walking Dead
4. Elvis
5. Mustang

The Good Ones:

1. Star Trek
2. Avengers Hulk Edition
3. AC/DC
4. Family Guy