What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 DMD machines for under £1500

Kilgore

Registered
Alias
Dave
As the title suggests a good buddy of mine having had one of my machines on loan for 6 months or so has decided he needs one of his own.

We got onto the topic of sleepers and bang for buck and he asked me to compile my top 5 DMD's for under £1500.

I have given him a few suggestions but thought it would be great to have some more input and thoughts from you lot :)

The Getaway High Speed 2
World Cup Soccer
Fish Tales
The Shadow
Dirty Harry

(think the last two only just qualify on price)

It's probably gone a bit over now but Roadshow has a lot going on for the money.
Judge Dredd too.

thanks Guys, really appreciated the input. Funnily enough a few there were on my list. I love world cup soccer, despite the theme! He's definitely just interested in great gameplay and where possible longevity.

best bang for buck is still Demoman

was JM but the "secret" is out LOL

Getaway ticks a lot of boxes for a "starter" machine

pinball snobbery still means some good buys to be had on Gottlieb and DE titles but the prices are creeping up especially on the DE licensed games

Thanks again guys super useful. @Sgt GrizZ I've never actually played a baywatch. Years ago i had an opportunity to buy one but the screen was dead and that was always a mega no no then as they were impossible to find. Can you fit a colour LED replacement to the large sega panels?

Just adding to existing for emphasis mostly but all the below definite players should be gettable for around 1500 or lower I think:

Fish Tales
Getaway HS2
Demo Man
No Fear
Judge Dredd
Flintstones
Junk Yard
Roadshow
Shadow
Black Rose
WCS
Terminator 2
Lethal Weapon 3

The longevity of each machine will differ due to owners personal taste (My FT is going nowhere unless I find a better nick near-minter to replace it for instance, whereas others would happily set it on fire just to shut the music off)

I know you'd have something Chris, when the times right I'll have to get you to look one out for me, don't mind a bit of work.

Black Rose is doing well now just want to tart her up a bit, led's and a custom topper and may be a cannon over the shooter lane if I can find something.

it's not a DMD but it feels like it is - Rollergames gets my vote.
also Rocky & Bullwinkle, South Park, Jurassic Park, Goldeneye, Corvette

Thanks guys, really appreciate your thoughts!

Currently whittling it down to ones he fancies.

We are at....

HS2
Jurassic Park
Demo Man
Terminator 2
Road Show ( is this really a sub £1500 pin?? )
Judge Dredd

Next question i guess is does anyone have any of these for sale :)

It should be noted that super minty restorations of several of the listed machines could breech the 1500 mark and in some cases you would probably have to compromise on condition to get one for the price. By no means impossible to get what you want within budget though.
Best of luck in your search.
Rog

We are at....

Bear in mind that any pin can get boring if it's the only one you have and you play it all the time. Assuming that this will be your friends only pin then I'd make the following comments on your revised list (these are just my thoughts and your mileage may vary):

HS2 - Not a huge amount of depth and you'll see all it has to offer pretty quickly but it's the kind of game where that matters less than others and is actually not a bad game to have on it's own.

JP - Lots of modes and decent ruleset with a wizard mode at the end so something to get your teeth into and should last a while. To me though, this is a game where once you've done all that you'll probably want something else (a bit the opposite of HS2 I guess)

Demo Man - Lots of multiballs so if that's what you're after then this is a good one but another with a reasonably shallow ruleset. It's a bit like HS2 in that even once you've seen everything you'll still want to play it but I think HS2 is the better of the 2 games.

T2 - Bit of a 1 shot game this and shallow rules again which I don't think it survives well as an only game. Great in a bigger collection but my advice would be to steer clear of this for your first.

Road Show - Loads of stuff to do and loads of modes so will last you a long time. Modes are linear so can get a bit boring playing the game in the same way each time but there's other stuff outside of modes to go for so not too bad. You get a lot for your money with one of these. The country music that plays during multiball is sh*t though.

Judge Dredd - Kind of similar to Road Show in that its got a lot of stuff going on with modes, multiball and other bits and pieces so another game where you get a lot for your money. I'd definitely say to try and have a go on one first (tbh this applies to all of them) as it can be a bit marmite.

Back
Top Bottom