What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I worked on......

I need to do this to my Whitewater, the slides are completely missing.
You are welcome to the ones that came off which could probably be straightened or £30 each new from pin parts, got mine used on eBay £30 pair.
Easy fit too.

I finally cut a straight piece of plastic to length recently to lay across the playfield and confirmed it was infact warped, only about 3mm but enough that I can see it in the ball movement. @robotgreg even mentioned the greedy outlanes at my league meet. So today I bought and screwed a piece of angle iron to the underside and it's flat now. No longer can I blame the machine for my **** play :rofl:
I firmly approve of this level of precision when it comes to gameplay-affecting elements. Top work!

I fitted the “Airball” protector that @Colywobbles made for me.
Very happy with the result, I also got some blue inlane and slingshot protectors from him.
I put the model Ecto1 mobile back in its rightful place as well
3C9CE588-F6C3-4449-B81B-B9421B73DA7B.jpeg
E9E35A18-73DB-40C4-A079-0D87CBD7FDE0.jpeg
D2F074D0-646C-4CE5-A24D-F505C1A9173F.jpeg

Attachments

• 279B993A-B5F1-4F87-AFDF-B3FE258E98C5.jpeg
    279B993A-B5F1-4F87-AFDF-B3FE258E98C5.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 0F411D1B-AF2F-4963-97B1-C455A75DF3B7.jpeg
    0F411D1B-AF2F-4963-97B1-C455A75DF3B7.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 10
Curious how this one improves/differs from the one you had there already Chris?
Tbh I don’t think it makes a huge difference, just looks a lot more integrated as the last one was designed for the Premium/LE version.

I found with the protector it would impact the ball too much so went the root of trying to fix the air balls at source with the new standup brackets thanks swinks made. Not sure how stern let this out the door with the air balls issue - They definitely help but still a some air balls. I also put the outline big cliffys in to stop the ball jumping into the outlane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fitted playfield stays/runners on my whitewater today as the originals were bent and not doing any kind of job, luxury now lifting the playfield.
Also fitted an afterglow board to sttng which has made a big difference, 3 more to fit. Wish I bought 6 more!
I'm glad and quite relived that this 'LED OCD' wasn't just me. Been a big fan of LED smoothing since Herg released his initial product - every game I own has it. Good to see there's a cheaper alternative now - wish it was available off the shelf, without any messing about.

I'm glad and quite relived that this 'LED OCD' wasn't just me. Been a big fan of LED smoothing since Herg released his initial product - every game I own has it. Good to see there's a cheaper alternative now - wish it was available off the shelf, without any messing about.
+1

There appears to be quite a big price differential between LED OCD and Afterglow.

Don't begrudge herg some profit, and there is definitely value to someone like me to having a plug and play solution, but at the same time if someone could knock up the cables and a step by step fitting guide I'd be keen.

+1

There appears to be quite a big price differential between LED OCD and Afterglow.

Don't begrudge herg some profit, and there is definitely value to someone like me to having a plug and play solution, but at the same time if someone could knock up the cables and a step by step fitting guide I'd be keen.
Paul made the cables which is the hardest part, fitting is very straightforward.
I would buy 6 more if I could in a heartbeat, defo want the Afterglow gi if available.

I just put mine under the board screw for now, lazy I know but will move to a better place soon maybe ☺
Exactly where I place it. The pillars I have from Aliexpress are high enough to clear.
Can you not just get GND from the same place LED OCD gets it from? (J103)
It's fully loaded on the TAF and you would need to make one of those elaborate splitter jobs.
The extra flipper supply pcb has a spare connection. Just tagged onto that. J901

Hmm, is it? Pretty sure on my TAF I just had to unplug the connector that was already in there, and use the Z-connector that was provided. Don't think it was already daisy chained from memory.

Still, ground is ground so long as its good.

Its the same Gnd connector.
They use it to transfer all four to the Flipper supply pcb.
What I have done is just one wire onto the already supplied connector.
Dont see the point in making a dual connector loom with Z connector thingy.

Also this is a 40 euro job not £200 one :)

Just fitted another Afterglow board this time intoTZ, great improvement again.
Few lamps not working though☺

Resolder the FET pins.
I think they had a few duds due to the lead free solder.
Ive had one so far

Resolder the FET pins.
I think they had a few duds due to the lead free solder.
Ive had one so far
Sorry I wasn’t clear been drinking cold Heineken🥶, I have a few lamps out from before the fit that I need to sort out.
Good to know that though, crappy lead free solder😖

Created this for an addams game with missing fliptronic 1 power board. Not available until now. Handy spare and improvement to for all those addams games.

Had trouble with one recently but got repaired in the end.
What’s the improvement then?

*EDIT* Scrub that I was thinking the flipper board🤯

Last edited:
Noticed one of the columbs j121-9 was not working so just checked it out and can’t see anything out of the ordinary, metered connections and ok.
Now it’s not working at all, power green light goes on then off. Will try it in something else. Taken out and cv back to normal.
Was the columb that lights volts, bumpers, xball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom