What's new

Today I have been waxing!

Have not forgotten matey. Will do a pin shuffle with Andre in the next few weeks, then I should have space!

Johnny post a picture of the rings you are missing and send me a PM. I have quite a few spares and can easily pop a couple in the post to you if they're common ones.

Hi cooldan,

Here's pictures of the rings I'm short on dude:

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.jpg

pm incoming as requested sir.

Cheers,

Johnny

Oh wow, thank you so much, what a very kind person you are. I will pay you. I'll update the pm now, once I remember how the smeg I find it again! lol, bear with.... :)

Cheers,

Johnny

I will pay you
don't be daft, they cost pennies. if i hadn't sent them then someone else would, or you could buy from any of the suppliers - my favourite is Andy N of @pinballmania - and no doubt you will end up there soon anyway.

you will soon have your own little stash of bulbs, rubbers, coil sleeves, fuses, diodes, screws, posts, switches........

Ace! Thank you cooldan, you are a superstar. If I can ever do owt to help you my friend, please just ask *bows* and I stand by my offer in pm.

Cheers,

Johnny

don't be daft, they cost pennies. if i hadn't sent them then someone else would, or you could buy from any of the suppliers - my favourite is Andy N of @pinballmania - and no doubt you will end up there soon anyway.

you will soon have your own little stash of bulbs, rubbers, coil sleeves, fuses, diodes, screws, posts, switches........

Speaking of which I need to order a few bits

i looked in the tool box and found what you were after. the ones i sent all say 5/16 on them, but are also all very slightly different sizes, which is odd.

dan tool box.jpg
white rings.jpg
white rings 2.jpg

these are in today's post, should be with you tomorrow morning

Reactions: jww
Massive thanks to cooldan, who is indeed cool! I got the rubber rings yesterday and am very grateful. They fit perfect and I've completed the rubbers on my table now - woo hoo.

Also while I was at it, I was looking at my 2 bare spinners and comparing them with the flyer and whatever google images I could find of the machine when it left the factory. It seems they had red outlined diamond decals, half red, half white.

So I set about with my mac-mini and made some images after measuring the spinners, printed onto photo paper, laminated them, stuck double-sided tape to the back then cut them to shape. I am really pleased with the results!

Here's some piccies:

Template printed and laminated:
IMG_1762.jpg

Roughly cut out and stuck to the tape:

IMG_1763.JPG
Cut to final size very carefully:

IMG_1766.JPG

Fixed to machine - now they match the flyer, woo hoo - very proud of these, I haven't done this sorta thing before:

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1770.jpg

Big thanks to cooldan for helping me out, what a top friend! The rubbers from cooldan were for the plastic pillars that fix the spinners to the tape (closest to centre of table on each side.

I am very happy - woo hoo :)

A few more minor (I hope) things to fix when I get chance, but am super mega happy, words can't describe. I am loving learning and making this much progress is brilliant! I will create a resto thread once I get chance, it may take some time, as have just started (last week) a new job that involves 6 hours commuting a day, but I will be planning investigating some sticky roll over targets and a loud buzzing from the coin door somewhere while on the train for sure :)

Thanks again and take care friends.

Cheers,

Johnny

Just got back from month in Thailand :rolleyes: and whilst being massaged one evening the babe opposite was getting waxed by two as I watched, trust me it was more interesting than any playfield waxing ;):)

If that was me,knowing my look,it would have been a bloke having a back,sack,and crack done from a room I couldn't escape from:eek:

Back
Top Bottom