What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TMNT Pics

Artwork looks great, I have to say. As said previously they nailed the aesthetic. Shame about the ****ty Munsters single target banks, though. Stern cheaping out as per.

Nothing will ever beat the TMNT arcade beat-em-up though.

Nothing.

Stern just posted this on Facebook:

Available now for All-Access Insiders, listen to this panel discussion with the TMNT team including lead game designer John Borg, lead game developer Dwight Sullivan, lead mechanical engineer Elliot Eismin, lead artist Jeremy Packer (aka Zombie Yeti), and lead sound designer Jerry Thompson as they dive into their collaborative approach in bringing this iconic theme to life on episode 6 of the Stern Insider Pinball Podcast!

So that's Dwight on code confirmed.

Stern just posted this on Facebook:

So that's Dwight on code confirmed.

Wonder where Tanio has ended up in the mix? He did an amazing job with Deadpool, was hopeful his next lead was TMNT, Dwight is a definite wait and see.

A lot of people have wrote the pin off already purely due to Dwight being on sortware, and he seems to get a lot of flak on past pins he’s worked on. Both Munsters and SW I struggled to get a grip of yet others seem to love them.
On the upside I think he came good with GB in the end. I love mine albeit a brutal game It gets me wanting one more game until I get a good one.
He has some early simple crackers I enjoyed from Ball/Will too so I guess only time will tell

A lot of people have wrote the pin off already purely due to Dwight being on sortware, and he seems to get a lot of flak on past pins he’s worked on. Both Munsters and SW I struggled to get a grip of yet others seem to love them.
On the upside I think he came good with GB in the end. I love mine albeit a brutal game It gets me wanting one more game until I get a good one.
He has some early simple crackers I enjoyed from Ball/Will too so I guess only time will tell
Game of Thrones is great too

How safe is it to assume that Dwight (or anyone) will “come good” on a pin? GB might have ended up good but how long did it take to get there?

Munsters isn’t really going anywhere code wise and I’m sure plenty of people bought into some nebulous future code overhaul.

If Stern keep Dwight busy on other things, or he’s not personally interested in reinvigorating a given pin, or he/they simply don’t see the endgame of the pin the same way the community does (arguably Munsters is and was never going to be as deep as some people thought it would be), then there’s every chance TMNT will end up pretty much as it is on release bar some bug fixes.

One should think very carefully about buying a pin based on some imagined fantasy long term code state vs buying it based on what it is now. The latter is the only thing you can be sure of.

I really think Dwight does not deserve the kicking he gets I personally love his games and the way he goes about his coding let’s take game of thrones you can chose 1 of several different houses at the start of game play each has its own personal benefit which puts a really different spin on the game lots of strategy before you even shoot a ball maybe poor for competition but as a fun multiplayer it’s great

Star Wars again has lots of different avenues each character has different benefits when starting your modes and you have several choices of path to take each time you launch the ball it may take a little time to work out but it’s a great game code wise
Munsters he took a different approach on I think due to criticism that his games where to complicated and went very simple and it turned out a bit of a disappointment in the pinball players eyes and with lack of inserts on the game I don’t think there is much room for improvement

some games have absolutely zero code and get no criticism look at tna what code has that got shoot the reactor shoot the reactor oh ye and shoot the reactor

I think Dwight is back to his old code style on tmnt as when you choose one of the 4 characters at the start of the game then each one has a different option

Honestly the problem is expectations really.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with a pin with simple(r) rules, but there seems to be an expectation with every new pin that it will be have lots of depth etc.

At the end of the day if Stern had said to him that they wanted Munsters to have simpler gameplay, then he’s delivered that and done his job. You could make an argument that the fewer inserts in the design etc prove that this was the intent all along.

It would be fairer to say that he is “responsible for more simpler rulesets than others”, which isn’t a criticism. There is certainly a market for more accessible pins, TAF was my grail pin and it’s pretty much ramp/chair :D

Different strokes for different folks.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with a pin with simple(r) rules, but there seems to be an expectation with every new pin that it will be have lots of depth etc.

At the end of the day if Stern had said to him that they wanted Munsters to have simpler gameplay, then he’s delivered that and done his job. You could make an argument that the fewer inserts in the design etc prove that this was the intent all along.

It would be fairer to say that he is “responsible for more simpler rulesets than others”, which isn’t a criticism. There is certainly a market for more accessible pins, TAF was my grail pin and it’s pretty much ramp/chair :D

I agree 100%

4 player game - Each player has to pick a different Turtle to play - it is a Teamwork game, the progress moves to the next player every ball …… Sounds Fun !

I’m not sure the simpler rulesets is particularly true. He has coded Roadshow, Lord Of The Rings and Game Of Thrones. All three have great, extensive code.

For a mere £399 this Arcade1UP TMNT Turtles in Time Upright would make a cool accessory next to the pin

For a mere £399 this Arcade1UP TMNT Turtles in Time Upright would make a cool accessory next to the pin
These were going for $50 at Walmart in the States recently, crazy!

Yeah they're super easy to install a Raspberry Pi in. I actually don't hate these like the purists seem to, quite fancy an NBA Jam if I can get one in the UK without dropping a fortune

And just think, it is £200 cheaper than a Stern topper! If I had a TMNT Pin I'd much rather have this sat next to it with £200 in my pocket than a crappy 2D plastic topper.

Back
Top Bottom