What's new

Tight row of pinball machines against a wall

DRD

Registered
How do you achieve this in practice please ?

Is it a case of grovelling under the machine and pushing it up with your back to move it ?

Or do folk buy hydraulic platform trucks to do the heavy lifting ? At about £200 new, I am reluctant to buy one

Thanks

What about if someone tells the butler to move it with a lift whilst lying on their back?

used to use my back until i bought a quad bike lift, although you will need to get some timber to get the height, this fits completely under the pin so can lift with the backboard up

I'm currently of the broken back persuasion, but would be interested in a scissor lift if only to save against future wheelchair bills.

Anyone know of a decent one in the sub £200 bracket?

i have a lift trolley and two butlers, but don't underestimate the turtle method as it isn't actually that heavy if you balance the weight properly between your four limbs, and the fine movements are easier. i generally get my first butler to position the trolley, my second butler to trolley it in til it's nearly there, then the final few centimetres here and there i do by turtle.

gif turtle-helps-friend.gif gif turtle-vs-crocs.gif

I use this. It's a pool table lift bastardised with some wooden blocks and a sheet of mdf. It's crude but gets the job done

image.jpg

Is it a case of grovelling under the machine and pushing it up with your back to move it ?

Or do folk buy hydraulic platform trucks to do the heavy lifting ? At about £200 new, I am reluctant to buy one

Thanks
Would be £200 well spent. When you've got them packed in and you want to shuffle them about, a hydraulic lift trolley makes it so much easier.

Thanks

yuo,demented turtle time for me.No biggie.
you can also get those three wheeled castors as a cheap "helper"

This one claims to have a folding handle so it's worth the few extra bob over the other one.
I didn't spot that, they must have improved it since I bought mine a few months ago, don't think my handle folds down.

Well I lie on my back and lift the machine up with hands and knees !!

Always felt if I did it the over way ,my back may go through the bottom of the cab !

That sounds a lot harder Carl. Its actually quite easy on all fours, even my RFM gets moved this way and it seems twice as heavy as the others.

Turtle technique for me! Spend £200 on a trolley? Me? The KING OF BUDGET could buy at least another 2 knackered project pins for that ;)

get a scissor trolley with a fold down handle. Mine's a PITA to store as it doesn't fold down. It makes machines a piece of **** to move but I still end up not using it sometimes as it's a heavy ****er in it's own right

That sounds a lot harder Carl. Its actually quite easy on all fours, even my RFM gets moved this way and it seems twice as heavy as the others.
Being 6ft for some reason it seems easyer for me becouse I slide the machine,to its spot.
But just because I find it easy doing it that way,does not mean it is eaay for over people.:thumbs:

Another way is to put plastic like casters under the legs!! And you can just push the machine where you need it !,

I get spoilt at the Haslingden arcade, as Andy has a proper hydraulic lift table, which is an absolute godsend for moving machines.

As others have pointed out, they are very heavy though, and if they don't have a folding handle, you need to find somewhere to store them

Back
Top Bottom