What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale This is Spinal Tap Pinball

David retro

Site Supporter
Pre orders are now open for This is Spinal Tap

Price £7995
Optional topper £499
All new in box games have 2 year warranty -free Uk mainland delivery and our own care kit included

50% deposit option available

We now have the manufactures promotional video

https://homepin.com/tap/tap-pinball-promo.mp4

Order yours today

B043EB9F-9C17-4446-9180-83054AEE0173.jpeg

Last edited:
Might be worth uploading the video to youtube. The artifacts on there look like it's come from a vcd.

I don’t think that crap video is going to help you with sales - tell them to do a proper game play video!
You have a point, but I'm sure not everyone who buys a new pin will be good at pinball or (choke) care how it plays. It either needs to take money or look cool. For that reason this video will hit a different audience. Fair play, saturated market at the moment, try a different angle. It's a good licence, should sell.

Good luck @David retro 👍

If that' your type of cute girl, I'm ok with that :D

I do love a bit of Ritchie, but not like that. There are no ladies in the Addams promo and narrated by a guy, point being every good promo is probably better without one.

Well I didn’t get anything from that video. There were various messages that were displayed too briefly to read (apart from release Derek from the ipod) and the fact that the letters were flashing didn’t help.

And I have no idea what the layout of the game looks like. Basically having watched it I am none the wiser.

Hope the game is a success though for all involved

You have a point, but I'm sure not everyone who buys a new pin will be good at pinball or (choke) care how it plays. It either needs to take money or look cool. For that reason this video will hit a different audience. Fair play, saturated market at the moment, try a different angle. It's a good licence, should sell.

Good luck @David retro 👍

that might be ok for some. but this is a: a sales thread and b: a manufacturer with a notorious reputation.

that might be ok for some. but this is a: a sales thread and b: a manufacturer with a notorious reputation.
Indeed, but the focus is no longer on gameplay or quality...genius ;)

To be clear, this is out of my league price wise, I'd like to play it, it pay to play it on location, but if I had the money, I'd now be in for a Hilux ;)

Wrong video at the wrong time
If it was before the game was released, it would be a great teaser
Released 6 months after everyone has seen the game, swoosh
Not even sure there's a decent gameplay vid out there so still none the wiser

Indeed, but the focus is no longer on gameplay or quality...genius ;)

that makes zero sense to me.

if you are selling a game the quality of the whole package is super important. When a manufacturer releases a video where they hide the game so blatantly it sets an alarm bell off for me!

If any of you have watched the film you will get this.

My review of the 'promo' video is a two word review. **** sandwich.

No you can't print that.

Get a game over here and make your own video! Get @Neil McRae or @Gonzo to stream it.
"That's not real is it?...." one of my fav quotes:)

I thought the video was a bit naff, but not too bad considering it was made on a small budget (did half of that budget go on "post shoot celebrations" with the model?; who knows he he)
The shot list must've read something like "Cleavage shot #1, bored look, Cleavage shot #2. confused look, Cleavage shot #3 etc, etc"
I think what would've been a better vid would been a sun-burnt beer bellied Brit playing his 70th game of pool with his "date" for the week and getting a bit bored, before noticing the pin in the corner. Goes over to play, resulting in the lady/date getting the hump and walking off to find a new client.

Regardless, I hope this pin does well and a bunch are made, as even if it's just half decent, as long as the appropriate call outs and clips are in place, I'd love to own one some day because of the theme.

God it's the 21st century what is this sexist nonsense

I thought the days of Benny hill had gone

I can't remember the film but perhaps a fawning woman playing with shiny balls appeals to the target audience 🤔🫣

I thought the days of Benny hill had gone

I can't remember the film but perhaps a fawning woman playing with shiny balls appeals to the target audience 🤔🫣

*Points to the "adult" thread*

I agree, it is a bit disappointing that this is how a company chooses to try and sell their machine these days...!

It also shows nothing of the machine and I also struggled to see what each of the features were, as the text wasn't up on screen long enough.

I appreciate that there were difficulties trying to find a film maker in Taiwan - but I hope there will be a gameplay video available soon to give a better idea of what to expect and how the game plays. I love the theme but so far I don't really know what the game is like at all. I really enjoyed Jack Danger's stream of Galactic Tank Force, as it gave a great and honest look at the game.

First time me actually looking at this game. I like the fact it has a DMD in it, but that's it. Although it looks hideous having a DMD and also big monitor above it.

Is it that the main target audience for this pin is the far east market and not Europe or the US?
Perhaps it's more of a cultural difference with the promo vid. Judging by the pickup promo vids it would appear that a scantily clad young woman doing the sales pitch is the 'acceptable' norm there

Back
Top Bottom